Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

Hope they announce something about their plans for dead servers soon. But not gonna hold my breath while waiting…………

1 Like

I can reccommend my own tactic , give up on the idea and then be pleasantly surprised when they do actually announce it :stuck_out_tongue:

I like your optimism … “when they do … announce it” … lol. Personally, and from a guild point of view, we’ve virtually gotten to the point of giving up.

2 Likes

We’re fortunate to have a full raidteam to the point that recruitment is closed but the realm itself is struggling still, we’ve just absorbed a few new socials from another large guild where the gm has quit playing.

Yeah that’s how we’ve survived up until now. The guild has been on the same server since 2007 and our name is known … so often we’re a good option for those who have had their own guild on the realm die on them. We’ve managed to attract some from other realms, but not enough to cover the natural wastage plus those who transfer to other busier realms.

1 Like

I’ve been doing a little bit of research for a potential target realm … and this is how much attention Blizz puts into connected realms. One of the realms I have a character on, but haven’t played in a while - I just couldn’t find it on the wowprogress site. After some digging, it turns out that it was a Connected realm … and not only that, but in August 2020 it appears it was connected to another group of connected realms … was announced as such, was stated that they would be changing the forums to reflect that change … but then they never did. It’s like someone came along and told them “drop that … ignore it” … and they’ve never been back since.

If they couldn’t be bothered even merging a couple of forums together … they’re not going to bother connecting entire realms.

In September 2020: ✨ Realm Connections Update Thread - #10 by Thyvene-2505

“We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post a new notification like this one next week.” - then it was unpinned and ignored.

3 Likes

Feels bad.

1 Like

Yeah i know, they started and then just went completely silent. Dropped it like a hot potato. By now i’m sure they are just waiting for us all to mass transfer off the dead servers.

1 Like

Let’s be real, since BfA Launched almost every Server that is not a World First, Streamer or infamous server (Certain RP Servers for example) has taken a decent if not huge hit to it’s Player Count.

1 Like

True.

But when you get to the point where, unless you can make and gather all the materials yourself, you can’t even find base legendary items or even all the materials to make base legendary items, on your realm auction house, the situation is getting dire.

Legendaries are such a big part of this expansion and they’re already such a pain to get (which is fair enough, they are Legendaries after all), but when you’re simply locked out of some of them simply because the realm is too small - which has been caused by Blizzard not living up to their promises, then that becomes a major issue.

2 Likes

We’re in a similar situation here AH wise, it’s part of why we’ve got the other major horde guild on our discord so we can share crafters for legendaries if needed. We usually also try to help out anyone that is lvling a new legendary as crafter.

The thing is that if you transfer of the server with your guild, you will always lose part of your community in some form. We actually did a poll a while ago and we had people say they’d rather quit raiding than transfer off the server. A lot of us are altoholics that would make transfers very expensive indeed.

1 Like

I think you’re right … we’ve done a smallish poll and the majority (who voted) voted to go … but it wasn’t necessarily a full representation of our guild, so that needs looking into further.

We’re also a guild with a lot of altoholics but, honestly, I think some of those wouldn’t view it as something to dread … but a new realm to roll new characters on :rofl:

Alonsus/Anachronos/KulTiras is unbelievably dead - Horde is non-existent, guilds just aren’t here, you have to either move server or be CRZ in a dead guild. The economy is controlled by 3 people. Very sad. Please, Blizzard, do some server connectioons…

3 Likes

I agree. I love Kul Tiras and have been on the realm since it was launched … but now I find it so hard to sell anything in the AH. I put a load of stuff every couple of days and I’m lucky if I sell one thing … especially transmog gear and mats which are snapped up in bigger realms.
I think we still have a couple of reasonable guilds on alliance, but horde has been shrinking more and more.
We need help.

2 Likes

Perhaps if they actually did what they said they’d do (although that’s getting to be a bit of a standard refrain, now), we’d already have the ability to mass transfer.

Although given the cost of transferring, especially if you have a few characters, that is going to have to have a major discount attached. I might bite the bullet and pay for one or two characters … but I’ve been on the same realm, and never had a break playing, since 2007 - I’ve amassed a fair few alts, all of which I play to one extent or another, and I’ve got lots of guild members who are in the same situation.

There is no way I could justify spending £100+ just transferring characters, and even if I could, it would feel like a very bitter pill to swallow, when this is something that Blizzard should be fixing, not me.

5 Likes

Yeah it needs to be a very big discount. Id prefer they did some more connections. Its not fun when you cant even find your leggo item on the ah…

3 Likes

I would consider moving realms, if the discount is 95%.

I have more then 10 chars…

3 Likes

Honestly, I think they should just open free transfers up, or offer a massive discount for people moving from dead realms to busier ones.

Fair enough charging people a fair whack when they’re just moving because they want to … I mean I’ve seen so many people think nothing about paying for a transfer to our guild, to then just pay again a week or two later to go to another … and you can see if you do lots of research on some, that they just spend their time realm hopping. Must cost a fortune.

1 Like

Or they’re twice the price compared with the same item on a bigger realm.

4 Likes

I assume you have the same issue we do where a lot of potential recruits flee when they see the realm population?

2 Likes