Dear Blizzard Merge Servers

Low population servers could be connected to more low population servers problem solved .everybody gets to keep their names and no more ah or ghost towns

1 Like

Blizzard will never merge servers, it will tell investors that the game is having problems and that is something nobody here wants.

1 Like

Well, it’s well known that the game is not doing that well, so, who are they trying to fool.

Just merge servers!

They said at Blizzcon that they were looking into ways of doing it as the way they connected realms before no longer works.

4 Likes

they need to look at it more than. as someone from a low pop (aka dead) server, i know we need help. but things are worse than they appear. even if a low pop server has 25K toons, there is a good chance that about 40-60% of those are inactive.

Wasn’t that two Blizzcons ago in 2017? I haven’t heard anything since but i may have missed it if there has been more recent ‘news’.

1 Like

I’m honestly not sure … Blizzcon announcements merge in my head so it could well have been 2017.

1 Like

Yup it was, and quite a few people have tried the forum, twitter and every Q&A to get an answer and they just keep ignoring it.

Its for those cases that I really wished our CM’s would step in and direct that question straight to the devs and telling them it’s time to give some further information. Or at the least come back to us and say: there is nothing new or planned.

2 Likes

I even submitted a question for the last Q&A but it wasn’t answered.

2 Likes

2017 that was and they were testing new tech on the Brazillian servers and no news in 18 months :frowning:

2 Likes

it must be done but…
SoonTM

That Brazilian gossip never had a credible source though.

If you watch the clips Ion did actually say that they were testing it as they merged US and Brazilian servers.
I cant find the clip atm but i will try.

Here is the thing though, that is as furthest it has ever got: there’s a clip or an interview that never gets linked.

I would really appreciate it if you could find it. Since a few of us have tried to verify if it was said or it was a rumour (reason because mostly people said: they heard it from someone else).

Mind you, its nothing personal. I really just want it to be cleared up for once. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I watched it that night so i really want to find it for you and i know you never make things personal you are one of my top posters :heart: i know i am a crazy lady but i swear i didnt dream it that night lol .

1 Like

I found it, thanks for the hint Serissa. Last time someone said it was an interview around Blizzcon 2017 so I spent 3 days searching without a result.

But thanks to you I now see it was a Q&A.

Link: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/7036-Developer-Q-A-with-Ion-Hazzikostas
Question at: 00:56:34

Connected Realms

• Most of the work needed to allow new realm connections is now done! The team tested with some BR servers, found some issues, and fixed them. They are now talking about which realms to connect.
3 Likes

I guess at least that ‘bath’ thread got a blue’s attention /sigh

1 Like

Its without a doubt, in my opinion, in the highest priority for any player not on that small percentage of realms classified as high or full.

There are alot of realms that would really benefit from such connections.

2 Likes

there are some annoyances on unpopulated servers like finding a guild without paying transfer fees, trying to PUG the first boss in mythic raid before cross realm mythic raid unlock (it took about 2 month for current tier while populated realms where creating PUGs for first boss mythic and getting easy access to 415 loot for weeks).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.