(Deleted post)

(Post has been deleted.)

Tried Dustpaw Caravan?

(only one i know of ATM, sorry)

Despite the tag there at the start of their post. Only Dustpaw I’ve spoken to have been pretty chill and friendly. So I’d suggest them too.

You can never guarantee that any guild, regardless of race or concept doesn’t have some players ERPing behind the scenes so I would suggest simply looking at the guild rules relating to such conduct. That, unfortunately is the best metric for how ‘safe’ a guild is from such things.

3 Likes

All guilds have some level of ERP going on. To say that there is “no erp” in someone’s guild or not is basically a red flag saying you don’t have enough tabs on what your members are doing.
The problem is however and always has been is when said erp starts becoming less private and DM focused and is suddenly found out in the world in strange locations or worse Goldshire, the Valley of Honor and The Bazaar.

I do consider it quite a problem as well, that pretty much everywhere you go in this game (and, to be honest, many others), it’s almost impossible not to find at least some measure of ERP going on.

Even those that don’t blatantly do it will be full of people advertising their twisted fetishes in a manner that’s barely disguised at all and forcing others to go along with it. Sadly, I feel like there’s not really much we can do about it other than keep up the search - but it’s getting to be a pretty frustrating one.

All guilds you’ve been in perhaps, but to say ALL guilds is just factually untrue.

I’ve been in guilds where people only log on for events, and then log off again and no RP off-hours occur - there’s no ERP in that case.

I’ve been in guilds that have only a handful of people in who generally stay with the group and don’t tend to go off and have character alone time - there’s no ERP in that case either.

I’ve been in guilds where there has been ERP but then people have either left because of that or been /gkicked because the guild doesn’t want to have any of that going on - even though it happened in this instance, the guild doesn’t condone it and removes the people involved - and while you can point and say that is an example of a guild with ERP in it, I think that’d be akin to blaming a landlord for a criminal tenant when the crimes committed were all performed online and thus away from the landlord’s sphere of influence.

I have also been in guilds where ERP happened semi-regularly, though I don’t think I’d be comfortable doing so now compared to where I was at in the past, so it’s not like I’ve never seen a guild that had people doing that.

2 Likes

And you thought you needed to rebuke my own lived experience with…your own lived experience.

My point still stands. ERP will turn up everywhere eventually. It’s best not to go into Helen Lovejoy mode about it and simply report it under language/communications when you see those lines of text getting deliberately or mistakenly bled across the emote box.

But more to the topic on hand (vulpera and erp) - worgen had (have) the same problem and have had it for years. Something about anthropomorphic animal characters seems to get a particular kind of person hot under the collar.
Personally I’ve used vulpera as a litmus test for whether or not that person is worth my time to RP with.

Now I’m sure I’m likely to have pointed out that not all vulpera engage in avant-garde weimar era ERP however enough of them do to have thrown me off wanting to get involved at all with them. It’s not like Blizzard could have added oh i don’t know maybe OGRES? Instead of a race with about as much depth and lore as your average Sonic the Hedgehog OC.

zzzz boring classic poster take zzzz

oh no. how terrible. my severely pixelated face writhes with agony. I have been dealt the ultimate no u

zzz worgen posters zzzz

Y’all can sleep and post at the same time? Impressive.

1 Like

Nah, I just get bored with consistently stupid people making consistently stupid takes. Think Blizz should just disallow these pretentious low-poly MFers on retail forums tbh.

1 Like

OP post was deleted before I could read so I dunno what was said, though judging by the posts here already… Guessing it’s about ERP within guilds?

They were wondering if there are any vulpera guilds around that aren’t riddled with ERP.

I’d love it if Blizzard at one point would revamp the WoW forums and:

• Remove posting rights from unsubbed accounts from all forums except Customer/Technical Support
  • Remove IDs and profiles based on characters and replace them with BattleTags (as they are on every other Blizzard forum)
  • Remove the forum ranks and just let everyone post images/videos/direct links regardless of how much they stink up the forums with inane posts and activity

I’ll gladly trade in that 50-60% traffic the above measures would cut down just to see the aftermath. The CS team will probably have to work a lot less too.

2 Likes

Aaaaah, yeah I feel that immensely.

Not many Vulp only guilds around lately either, we just can’t catch a break between weirdo’s (Y’all know who I refer to) taking the spotlight. :pensive:

3 Likes

It’s something I struggle with too, as a vulpera player. A number of bad actors give everyone else a bad name, and it does make it rather difficult to be taken seriously.

1 Like

It shouldn’t do, really. Most sensible people should be able to distinguish between the two. But that’s assuming people have that capacity! If someone refuses to rp with others on the grounds that they’re Vulpera, then they’re not worth the time either.

3 Likes

The graphic quality is too low to writhe. XD

Thing I’d find hard, is finding other fellow Vulpera to RP with. AD has an issue in that it’s like a small community and everyone knows what someone else has done. Can’t hang out with anyone without someone saying “Yikes!” And hell, some of those yikeses are justified.

its a fine practiced art and requires years of experience and training.

ERP inside Vulpera guilds in particular.

indeed this was the case for Worgen as well for at least six or even more years.
Pandaren and Tauren too aren’t immune its just they have been generally less popular than the other races so malpractice between them has been easier to hide.