DESPERATELY need a server merge

I have no idea how to reach anyone with a post like this, but some realms desperately need to get merged. Every horde guild that raided has now died on Stormrage / Azuremyst and there’s nothing with a pulse to recruit. And anyone who IS looking for a guild won’t go to a server were there are like 4 things on the auction house. How are there so many dead realms with everyone just x-fering to the big ones as a result? Our guild can’t raid either anymore, and unless this changes those of us who want to raid will have to move to Durotar / Silvermoon / TN or whatever else is populated now.

3 Likes

They do need to merge those low pop realms into a bunch of medium/high pop realms. Population numbers have dropped enough to do so and from an outside perspective, it probably doesn’t look good to see a list with:

• Very many low pop realms
  • Only a handful of populated realms.

Even then the way they calculate what is high or medium does reflect actual playing community. This was shown when they changed the calculation mechanic for WoW: Classic. They admitted that the default mechanism is more focused around how many characters are registered to a realm than how many are actually playing.

Wont gonna happens since who will gonna have the right to keep their character names. Who gonna decide it? Blizz? You?

While i understand low realms rly bad atm, merging prob wont gonna be happening for sure.

Please keep this post bumped. They need to do something with this problem!

4 Likes

This is an issue on my realm too - especially as we’re the outnumbered faction so guild recruitment is very difficult. Many players leave for the bigger realms and no new players come to empty servers. We have some really good players but right now we struggle to raid regularly as there’s no one to recruit to replace players we’ve lost to realm transfers, Classic, faction changes and irl stuff.

1 Like

Nothing stopping them from connecting more realms, as they have done before…

True, but this post is about server merging, and not about connecting low realms. The 2 are different things.

1 Like

Except that we’ve been lead to believe that it’s no longer possible.

I have hard time seeing how they can’t though, it’s not like they lost the technology to do so…

Then why wouldn’t they have done more merges like in the past if the ability wasn’t gone?

Because they hope to fill the servers with players again instead of connecting?
Getting those subs back up?
Or they’d rather have the money from people paying for transfers.

But speaking from a technological point of view how is it impossible? How can they have lost the ability?
It’s not like they needed a special tool for it and someone misplaced it…

I don’t think they are that delusional. The game is not gonna regain the sub numbers it had in it’s height at Wrath of the Lich King levels.

They are aware of the issues and I’m hoping they will come up with some way of fixing the issues. I was stuck on a dead realm for many years before merges were even introduced and I moved at my own expense. It is no fun being on a dead realm.

The speculation is that when they upgraded the servers, merges were no longer possible. I have not seen anything through official channels since they tried to merge two South American servers.

Stormrage (where I play) was merged with Azuremyst, I suppose I should’ve called it “connected”. It’s what I mean anyway since yeah, keep the name (with the server name attached to it).

Now apparently someone says it’s no longer possible… which is very odd, then what’s the plan for these backwater dead servers, no plan at all? If so I’d appreciate a blue response confirming it so we can all just move to Draenor and not hope we can stay around.

I am hoping it will come up at Blizzcon. We can usually submit questions. We just have to be sure to give it lots of likes on both the US and EU forums when they ask for submissions.

1 Like

I agree, we need another connected realm here, one that is high-pop horde.
But, hoping for a blue response, I might as well hope for a 455 TF in my chest today :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.