Discussion: Villain RP

I’d always like to see villains around, especially when its one amongst us. Having their own set of goals to undermine whatever populace they are within while executing their second face abnormally. It genuinely provides great role play that progresses every character included. Hence I do appreciate if do-gooding guilds have some of those around.

I wish more guilds had their own “in house” antagonists. Maybe there’s a character hoping to advance through the ranks and playing people against each other to accomplish that. They might be less of a threat to the general populace but they’re great for advancing the story of a guild. Not every villain needs to be a threat to the world, to the Kingdom or to the zone. Sometimes it’s just an ambitious guy with cutthroat methods.

These kind of antagonists also tend to avoid the attention of most people outside the guild they’re in/working against so the chance of being godemoted to death by a group of people you don’t know is also drastically lower.

Of course, this kind of thing does require good, open communication within the guild and between the people working against each other. You don’t want your RP plot to tear your guild apart on an OOC level.

Your beard is literally on fire.

5 Likes

Helps against the cold. Don’t put too much thought into it, mate.

:thinking:

Considering all Dark Iron beards weren’t on fire pre-BfA and there being no reasoning or explanation give why they are… I guess…?

Secondly, if people want to use the most bulky armour in the game that makes them look like a Lich King 2.0, sure, go ahead. It’s just a personal opinion of mine that I’m not a fan of over-the-top sets.

You know what, ill do one better. This is a suggestion area. somewhere for people to give there concerns and complaints with out problems. for an OFFICER to look at and say “Yay” or “Nay”. Not a place to be attacked because of something i think, i think that No guild should be @ everyones for everything. Iv been GM of servral guilds, and an Officer for a few. And i can tell you right now, that this is something that is genraly hated amungst people. Unessasary tags. But some of them may be importent so im not turning it off. I dont like unessasary tags, they get on my nerves. so im expressing my concern over it. But i didnt say it to get attacked over my own thoughts and concered. so its not a problem for any of you, but it is for me. all i asked for is for it to be concerderd. but if this is how people are going to act over a small sugestion. not a demand, a sugestion. Then ill just do one better and leave the discord. I didnt sign up for this.

8 Likes

What? in ten characters.

I feel like this is one of those memeworthy copypastas that’s always going around, like Denholme posting.

It’s fresh, I guess he just picked whichever tab he already had open to post it though. :clown_face:

6 Likes

Ooh, spill the beans kely-boy.

I like it a lot, you should probably accidentally drop an imgur link with a compilation of what went down with this mysterious figure that is both a prison warden and james bond 007 guild leader

1 Like

These villains that blame a poor woman into suggest section!!! Shame x3.

4 Likes

Ah, go bomb SI:7 again you old fart.

3 Likes

Naaru Akbar

4 Likes

Woah I love contributing to threads, Villains are bad. Read Big Chung’s posts he seems to know what he’s talking about.

1 Like

woah thanks a lot quick delete that before you get yeeted by blizzbot

1 Like

Damn it, i didn’t get to see!

How comes i don’t get pings about Crusader events? I feel like you don’t love me Galford.

1 Like

Back to the topic, and on the discussion, I’m dreading the thought of opening another Discussion thread about ERP, as it seems its the winning vote next to Character Deaths. :sweat:

Do it, I’m sure it will be lovely.