Do we need new modes in wow to keep people playing?

I honestly think the higher-ups would never allow new modes. It would require additional RESOURCES meaning MoOoOney and everyone knows companies make money, they dont spend it :joy_cat:

2 Likes

It doesnt matter where they come from. Focus on the looks and various customizations of your character, spells, utility items and what not. Poe is also f2p so they have to make money somehow.
Poe has 3 end game activities? give me a break. Bossing, mapping for sirus, delving, crafting, beast farming, I mean I cant even list everything poe has to offer. Crafting alone is more complex than most games on the market nowadays. Also your build customization (tree, spells, support spells, combos). That game has soo much content. Also new content every 3 months and new content doesnt invalidate old content. It’s besides the point but you clearly dont know much about poe.

Back on the topic please. More content in wow ples

2 Likes

The problem is that these activities are overlapping so calling them an endgame activity one by one is a bit of a stretch.

True.

Still not endgame content.

The problem is that it does not validate new content either. Half of the playerbase has not set their foot in heist in the previous patch.

Fractured fossils were selling for 4,5 ex last league cause of amount of people fracturing currency grand heist. I was doing 100% delirious scarab burials to supply delvers with sulphite scarabs. Everyone can find something they like and profit from it. We don’t that in wow. Seriously though. What do casual players do in sl if they don’t raid or pvp?

I’m a casual and I do m+, raid and pvp. If you do non of that you are playing the wrong game. Don’t play an MMO if you do not want to do content that would require and interaction with others.

Unsubbing around this time. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

POE is a different cattle of fish but i have comparision with ESO that have savage raid difficulty - being somewhere between heroic and mythic. The thing is - this is 8 player content and boss mods are against TOS. You have to actually learn the mechanics and react to them instead of obeying boss mod timer and having your whole screen messed up by weak auras.

Would be nice if they made one such content piece, between dungeon and an actual raid. Something like Karazhan from Patch 7.1 but scaled up to 8-10 players (fixed number of players, does not go above 10). One difficulty available - at least as difficult as heroic raid but not as difficult as mythic raid.

They already made two “mega dungeons” in 7.1 and 8.2. It’s just scaling issue.
Yes there would be lots of crying on the forums.
People cried over Mecha and Kara not being queuable with LFG and only available on mythic 0 level xD

Anybody who can find some inspiring art for new mog sets?? And inspiring Art for character customizations?

Wowhead have done feature articles in the past about artists who’ve designed some awesome armours, such as heritage armour, class armours, covenant druid forms and all sorts. I wonder if some kind of race/class/covenant challenge mode would be a good way to get such cosmetics?

Edit: e.g. https://www.wowhead.com/news=319550/night-fae-covenant-druid-form-fan-concept-art-by-sercan-özyurt

Those druid forms look really sick. Still not as good as wooden owl xddddd

I’m really sorry cause someone worked on that set but it’s detailed but overall theme is giga silly.

Just goes to show that everyone has different tastes. I know of at least one person who likes the wooden set… Meanwhile I think the Necrolord leather set is the worst set ever designed, yet one of my guildies uses it. I think all covenant mail sets look amazing, yet Tahra doesn’t like any. The trouble with cosmetics is that they depend so much on individual taste.

I would be concerned about any Torghast-related cosmetics having a Torghast-aesthetic, since I am not a fan of the theme. Maybe nice for platewearers, but not my style. A broad range of cosmetics to fit several different tastes would be great. The more choice, the better!

1 Like

Here you go peeps, feast your eyes on this incredible armor set fan art that Asmongold reacts to.

PS: I’m unable to actually link images in the forum, I can only use trusted websites like YouTube and Twitch. I am not trying to promote this YouTuber, his video just happens to perfectly fit with this thread. Enjoy the fan art.

I agree with this post so much, I love all the challenge mode tmogs, the warlock green fire quest, the surumar withered scenario, the mage tower appearances, the chromie scenario was really fun too.

I would love them to add some modes to the game like twisting corridors (but not TC, other things too that maybe takes use of older raids or drungeons) that rewards you with something that isn’t gear, but cosmetics and things you can show and use forever in your wow career. Make it available to all people to achieve, not reliant on gear, but on playing well and learning.

Also, I love the PoE sets, and I do end up buying a supporter pack every league.

On the topic of fan arts, there have been some phenomenal creations by people. I love the ardenweald druid forms someone created, they are actually gorgeous and I would kill to have them in game for real XD

1 Like

This is exactly what I mean. All they have to do is add power ups and tweak numbers and we can experience old dungeons again like we did stratholm during chromie scenario.
There’s literally nothing to do in SL. I kill sha and rukhmar on my mage weekly before the raid and that’s enough of wow for me.

PoE and Dota2 have the most insane art team. Blizz could learn from them and add more cosmetics. Even to spells.

What you want in cosmetics is not possible. Different engines, in different environments. We still have ears sticking through helmets, swords sticking through shields, backbones poking through coats AND capes. The engine clearly would not support that level of detail in movement consistently.

And that’s fine by me.

I don’t play WoW for pixel-perfect graphics. I’m not here for the graphics at all.

I’d much rather keep large, open, shared areas that can contain many people, without loading screens every hundred yards, and that can run on medium-power PCs that don’t drive my friends away from the game. We’ve already gone too far towards the gamer-type requirements, IMO.

As for Torghast, I think it was an interesting idea that didn’t pan out too well, but perhaps could still be reworked to improve. But I don’t want cosmetics from it. I’d prefer they direct their resources towards more gameplay and better gameplay.

I’m with you when you say

but, even if the cosmetics you want were possible, this ain’t it, AFAIAC.

Oh, and btw, this time you were being a jerk to Tahra. No dount Tahra has managed to annoy everybody at some point, but her posts here were legitimate preferences, just like everyone else’s. An ad hominem attack is not a convincing response to that.

1 Like

Tbh I think cosmetics from Torghast is the way to go. If it gives no reward people will not bother but if it gives actual power then it’d become a mandatory grind. With cosmetics people will feel rewarded for doing the content but won’t be forced into it.
Of course as others have said the attractiveness of mogs is subjective but it can also give fun toys, mounts, weapon illusions, whatever. Just anything that’s not player power, imagine having to do a weekly twisting corridor run because it had a chance to drop your BiS.

Also, I just noticed this post was 24 days old xD Sorry

1 Like

Do we need new modes in wow to keep people playing? No we don’t, we just need friends to also play the game with us. If your friends play, you will play.

Thing is, we already had a “Cosmetic Mode” which was soloing old dungeons and raids. But they borked that to death with their botched scaling.
It meant (in order to keep current content relevant) that those of us who played cosmetic mode had to wait for an expansion or two before we could go solo those dungeons and raids for the transmog and mounts etc.

It was a reasonable compromise.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.