Do you know?

How we got to all the wonderfull QoL features in retail?

It was because people complained 24/7 about how this, that and the other should change.

To get away from them we wanted WOW Classic and now people are complaining about the same things.

Do you know where this will take us ?

It seems history will repeat itself indeed.

EDIT: My sugestion is to take down the classic forums and who doesn’t enjoy the game how the game was should go play retail and not come here to complain.

5 Likes

Oh there we go again, the urban legend saying retail is what it is because the poor and naive developers listend to their customers. No, retail is terrible because those devs made bad decisions by themselves no one asked for and because of how the gaming industry works these days, why would blizzard try to improve their game when they can just add more store mounts everytime the subcount drops again.

3 Likes

NGL, trying to do dungeons in P2 of TBCC on a dying server made me fully realize just why dungeon finder was absolutely necessary and vital addition. It can’t come soon enough.

They are SO not wonderful, and I complain all the time about every little “Quality” of Life thingie.

Please remove Carets and FP icons. Remove onboard ship mounting. Give us back hissing lamps etc. etc. etc.

This post contains no irony. I mean every word!

We NEED one forum for Classic Era - a bug forum!

Great idea. Then when you report a bug in-game, the automated response can be “hey, post it in the bug board on our forums so that we can completely ignore it”.

i dont know what you mean cause i never play retail but its sad that blizz is toxic

No; so that everyone who keeps on meeting said bug can report it in-game as well. Many heads are better.
As an example: I did not notice the silent lamp posts until it was posted here, now I report every time I pass a silent lamp post.

Truth be told, all those QoL features will happen naturally in the next classic projects anyway.
And so far blizz has been doing a good job at not messing with classic and did not introduce future features.

The bright side is … nobody cares about the EU forums at least, so people can cry here and make demands all they want lol.

Carets? FP markers? Mount aboard ship?
All those are from future expansions.

Are FP markers actually a thing without addons?
You could always mount on ships if you knew where to stand.
I’ll give you carets.

All those things are definitely stuff with impact on gameplay, my bad.

–

You forgot to mention the stop at next flight point feature that saves people’s time to not have to relog to make it happen.

I have no addons, I see FP markers. And sometimes golden Quest helper arrows as well

And yes on the crate you could mount :wink: But you were dismounted when getting on or off the boat.

Carets fill up my minimap - they have been reason for me to get killed more than once :frowning:

I forgot a lot of things, but those three, I know were not in Classic / TBC
I forgot stop on request arrow (which I never use, but still relog) “Open all mail button”, send stacked items, map not closing open bags upon opening and surely a lot more.

And of course none of these as such ruin my gameplay, they just break immersion. They are a part of why I do not play as much as I would really like.

Just checked and there are no FP markers on the map, if you mean on the minimap, those were there in the tracking options of the original TBC.

Minimap arrows to POI’s were also there and not something new.

So basically your immersion is ruined by … carets.

In the mini-map, yes all of them. And I do not mean Point of Interest markers, those are silver (and a part of Vanilla), I mean golden arrows, that on mouseover shows the direction to a Quest objective.
And the FP-markers are there in Classic Era as well :frowning: And they were SO not there. I just checked my old screenies. If it’s an OPTION, why can’t you remove them? (Classic Era now)

And this conversation proves my point. You’re basically trying to invalidate anything I say, Belittling its impact and extension. Saying "Q"oL are not so bad, better than the original etc.
I don’t want them. If you do, you make addons. I should not have to make addons to get the OG Vanilla back.

Edited: Blizz should make you be able to select or deselect said “QoL” options in the Settings section.

If anyone has an addon able to remove carets, and FP markers in my minimap (also in Era) I would be very grateful!

… and respawn rates. You can positively NEVER clear an area of NPCs because #1 respawns before the last ones are dead.

Incubi, fruit bowls, Afrasiabi, Hunters able to move and shoot

… your claim

is falsifyed I suppose.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.