Does Blizzard research questionnaires?

They’d have to care about our opinions for them to do that…

Since we’re not in the US they think we don’t matter.

The closest we get to possibly being heard is the CC forums, so you could go try to be part of that… but you have to be a self important puffed up narcissist for that, and you don’t seem the type.

2 Likes

You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair.
Then I thought, wouldn’t it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?
So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.

On that note, nope
The last thing the player base wants I think to have themselves blamed for the Game
It is way more… comfortable to blame Blizzard

2 Likes

Hoyoverse is a chinese company and in China they really care about player opinions and what people want on their games (yes, to sell more, I’m not saying they care about you specifically).

Blizzard is a northamerican company and the mindset is completely different.

In Asia Selling>Ego

In western countries Ego>Selling

So in case of Blizzard:

• They won’t admit mistakes.
  • They won’t ask you anything.
  • They won’t bother hearing your requests or suggestions.

They will watch some streamers and decide their changes based on that. If streamer says X is OP, X gets nerfed. If streamer says Y is bad, Y gets buffed/fixed.

Now, about you, a random player with no influence? gl waiting for a survey.

2 Likes

They have GM surveys when you’re finished with a GM support request and mostly ask through “open” PTR/Beta thread thing like the above.

Edit: Though they should do surveys like Runescape does - the monthly kind.
Edit2: According Punyelf’s post below they ask a portion of the playerbase about specific things but it is hidden behind a do not spread.

So for you having players doing the work that THEY SHOULD BE DOING means they care about players opinions?

Hoyoverse develops the content, they test it to make sure there are no bugs (and they fix it 1-2 days after it is reported unlike Blizzard who takes a freaking month best case scenario), they bring it to the players, and then they ask the players if they like it.

Blizzard develop the content, make it public so players make the job that their team should be doing, they fail to correct even the bugs and balance issues that have been reported, they bring it to live servers, then 2 weeks or 1 month later they realize their job was horrendous and they “try” to fix it, and they never ask the players about the content.

Big difference.

1 Like

wow works on backlashes. blizzard does something, if people get mad and flood every platform with negative posts then they change it, if people don’t react hard enough, they keep the change. they do send some questionnaires about classic’s future but i’ve never recieved anything asking for my opinion about anything wow related and i personally never saw them doing anything i suggested via feedback option.

They do poll a portion of the playerbase about games though from time to time. The first part of all these polls is that the person agrees to keep it to themselves and not share it. Inevitably they end up on wowhead or reddit.

You get an email with a link and you answer questions. It’s anonymous feedback. They usually revolve around some specifics in Retail or a Classic expansion for example. My last one was for another Blizzard game.

1 Like

:eyes:
That’s interesting I will amend my post.

1 Like

They do questionaires but they’re emailed out.

I had one a few years ago, probably during BFA.
It asked what kind of activities I did and if I’d be more or less likely to do things given certain changes being made.

I don’t really remember that much, I answered a lot of “Not Applicable” as I don’t PVP nor Raid nor M+.

I think it’s if players start unsubbing in vast numbers they change it.

The reaction to Covenants, abilities and swapping was pretty massive on the forums for a long time. But when players stopped playing and the numbers were shrinking rapidly then they “pulled the rip-cord” as it were…

2 Likes

Pretty much to second what Puny said, yeah they do have these, but they are not available to all.

I received one after the launch of Diablo IV but they ask that you keep the questions and such private.

There was that time they asked players which dungeons they wanted in the M+ rotation. There was then a very vocal part of the playerbase that called Blizzard every names in the book because we ended up with Grimail Depot.

And the vote for the mount.

1 Like

But they litterally do surveys lol. Theyve been leaked multitudes of times where blizzards sent questionaites to a random quantity of accounts for feedback.

Its written on the survey to not share the survey. However its proven to exist due to some players sending screenshots in for content creators.

Also. No china dont care :joy: their games require government consent to even exist. Its just in china the dictatorship and how theyre raised brain washes them into singular opinons. Where we have far more freedom of expression so have 1000s of different opinons and thoughts.

Oh yeah I had forgotten about that one !

Also, I think that you are getting asked questions if you want to cancel your subscription ?

I guess that could technically count as “questionnaire”…

1 Like

Ah yeah if you cancel your sub you get like an exit questionnaire

They actually do them from time to time, but through emails.

I kind of agree that they could use the data from an in game questionnaire (or through the launcher).

Oh yeah, also forgot those.
I always sub and cancel my sub just to get the mount, use the questionnaire just to tell them that.

That Deathwheel one? I only counted things like gameplay suggestions and such.

1 Like

The community voted for the Tree

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.