Double standards - PvP community discriminated

Around 2 weeks ago I was muted becausqe I called Ion with possibly the most offensive word I could use “loser”. I’ll be honest I still think he is terribly bad at his job because he took over the biggest gaming franchise and made it so bad that people who played it for over 10 years quit. Anyway it’s not the reason why I created this topic. I created it because me getting suspension for this is the best indication for the fact that noone is reading arena forums.
In the past I posted mainly there. As everyone knows talks about class balance make people very emotional so they call each other with really bad names. I saw people being called morons, mongoloids, retards, autistic and probably every other synonimus of idiot. Maybe once per year someone gets suspended there. Here I called Ion a “loser” and I got muted for a week in less than 5 min.
We PvP community are ignored for years. Last time someone actually listened to us was MoP when they hired Holinka who fixed MoP PvP and gave us a lot of fun. This guy really tried hard then. He scaled PvE gear down in arena, reduced the amount of instant casts, lowered damage and healing.
I have to admit that many people in WoD and Legion weren’t really pleasant for him and I feel sorry for him.
Is there even a real PvP dev at the moment? I only know that there is that Kaleiki guy who was working on Ashran and who tried to explain us PvP scaling but he just pretended that we are dumb so he made a picture without numbers that was not showing anything.
If they keep treating us like 2nd category customer we will complain and quit. 8.3 arena is seriously barely playable and even if you’re a masochist and you’d like to try it you have to grind for 1-2 months doing all non-arena related activities.
People gave you probably few books of feedback about that garbage called azerite armors and you ignored it in the same fashion you ignore covenants feedback. You’ll push it and then play victims of demanding customers. Like Fallout 76 and Anthem creators did.
WoW is in terrible state at the moment and even though you finally listened to some of the problems you stick to the worst PvP gearing system we ever had.
I can write few more more books but at the end what Q&As will be about are high elves or what race armor we are getting next so players can grind crap over and over again.

There are some core issues in the game that noone is taking care of and I understand people are hyped about cosmetics but it’s like taking old Ford Mustang and painting it so it looks new and shiny while hit has the same old broken engine that was never fixed.

It’s probably my last post as my sub expires tomorrow. I’m not even playing classic anymore. WoW team doesn’t deserve my money so I cancel it.

5 Likes

TL;DR : I see you in Shadowlands with PvP vendor.

3 Likes

You really can’t take a hint can you?

This is getting ridiculous now, just stop. 1/10

2 Likes

so you got a mute because you were offensive and rude, good… There should be no reason what so ever to spit-vile just for the sake of being “Edgy”… If you have to resort to name calling and stuff to get your point across then something is amiss…

and if the people over there in their own bubble is as you say, too volatile to formulate a sentence without resorting to name calling and bad-mouthing, then that’s probably one of the reasons that part of the forum is getting “less attention”…

TL;DR: Stop being edgy, and this wont be an issue.

1 Like

But then how will they be able to make threads on why they’re saintly and we’re all snowflakes?

Indeed

We welcome feedback on the game Brodanyo, and thank players who do so, but feedback and discussion must be constructive for it to be fruitful. Making personal attacks on individuals isn’t acceptable.

So, I would like you and everyone else to know, and be clear on the fact, you are being suspended for that last sentence of your post.

Quoted from:-

It’s not possible for devs to create things and not have a section of the playerbase reduced to tears.

For crying out loud, read this and it’s just so empty and void of any rational reasoning that i’m cutting my post short because obviously despite any message I want to convey it’s not going very far.

Thanks for taking your time out to provide your feedback on these issues and understanding that the game caters to millions, of which all cannot be appeased as many play in different ways, but still, perfectly justifiable reason to jump all over somebody for incompetence, no second thought needed.

Isnt he more in charge of getting everything done in time? If game currently has issues its more up for those who design systems and classes.

The more unsub the faster they kick that lawyer out

2 Likes

No sane company would sack director who made profits go thru the roof.
Individuals tastes have nothing with it.

3 Likes

Lead the way and carry the conviction of your argument.

4 Likes

Have to agree with this. Like it or not. We can hate, curse,what ever. But the board in the end only cares about 1 thing: What the analytics says.
Sure we can trow in the “make customers happy” card. But “an angry but paying customer” is better than a ''happy but a freeloader".

I am not defending Blizzard’s actions but I can just try to understand their “game rules”. its a business…not a charity.

But not a Loser anymore?

Seems about right.

This ongoing feud you got with Ion needs to stop, be the more mature person, don’t fall for whatever it is he has against you, there is no need for you to unsub.

Go to work & call a colleague a loser, see what happens (probably nothing)
Now go call your manager a loser, & see what happens (probably get a warning).

That is the difference between calling a fellow player a loser, & calling a Dev a loser.

I find it quite astonishing how difficult it is for many of you here to understand the point he’s making?

He’s not trying to justify his actions, he’s trying to communicate what led him to commit the mistakes he did to bring the conversation back on topic.

His point is that Blizzard aren’t reading the PvP forums, and as a result posting on it is just yelling into a brick wall.

I’ve experience with this in the past as well.

And then, when you come on here and post about PvP, a whole bunch of angry people tell you to go back to the PvP forums. Which doesn’t work. It’s basically equivalent to telling someone to talk to the hand, 'cause the face ain’t listening.

The frustration that inevitably results from this can lead to one of two outcomes - or both:

1. You get very angry and cuss or call the responsible names
  2. You just quit and walk away

It would be really awesome if Blizzard would start taking PvP a little more seriously.

5 Likes

Ishayoe - finally someone smart enough to understand the point. PvP players are ignored and nobody reads our posts. If you don’t believe check my posting history how many constructive posts I created and how many likes they had. I’m just tired of sitting on forums typing these feedbacks while noone even reads them. They should be honest and ask us to send feedback on noreply@blizzard.com.

If you want to read what are core issues of the game check my older posts. I’m not going to post the same things every week.

And yes my oppinion about Ion didn’t change I still think he is who I called him 2 weeks ago.

Also I see that point about calling my manager loser valid because he is not my manager. From economy point of view I’m in position of manager not him. I’m his customer and in the end I paid his company like many other customers that are frustrated right now and the reason he gets paid is actually that people play this game. As you can see there are less and less doing this so he isn’t doing fine.

About vendor - watch some Q&As where “not a winner” game director says that actually gearing system doesn’t change. The only change is that instead of getting weekly quest with 1/3 PvP items too choose what are you going to disenchant you’ll be able to buy whatever you want to disenchant this week. Awsome change 2/10.

The way PvP players are treated is disgraceful. I remember I was asking for 2 years to introduce crowdfunding to make Blizzcon tournament prize pools bigger. It was sad to watch players who put months into learning multiple specs and comps just get their tickets and hotel refunded for winning the whole thing. I thought they listened because they introduced a toy. The prize pool was the same but this time sponsored by us… Everything above 250 000 $ was taken by Blizzard. Such big and rich company can’t even add 1 mln $ to prize pool for arenas and mdi. What a shame… The reason why they focus on cosmetics now is because it’s 10% of effort and resources thay need to put into fixing core issues of the game. They will recolour some old mounts and even void elves so both factions will have high elves finally. They will hype another expansion so milions of naive players will believe “this time they listened” and again like in BfA playercount will drop from 10 mln. to less than 5 in 2-3 months.

You can suspend me again I don’t give a crap. My problem with these new garbage expansions is that it’s not WoW I love. In every game - even Starcraft I can create custom game of Wings of Liberty for example. With WoW it’s not the case because there is only this garbage or ancient classic with no arenas.

1 Like

When posting on the forums you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct. Posting insulting remarks about employees or other posters is not tolerated.

Feedback can be provided constructively without descending into insults. While not every post can receive a response, the forums are monitored and feedback collected and forwarded on in regular reports.