Dragonflight: Major Factions Overview

a open world pvp tribe would be cool i must admit.

sry i keep calling them tribes because that is what they are in ff14 lol…

i mean faction.

“If you’re the outgoing type, you can also work toward gaining the respect and adoration of all the Major Factions if you wish. For those who like the added challenge, reach the highest Renown rank with each Major Faction to complete achievements.”

I have questions.

The Major Factions sounds a lot like covenants, can we progress with all the major factions at the same time or are we locked into one at a time like we were with covenants and if we are locked in how frequently can we switch between them?

My second question is how is Renown acquisition going to work, are we going to be getting weekly renown like we are now in SL or are we going to actually have to do stuff and earn, also is it time-gated/weekly capped ?

hopefully all at the same time, that is how i read it…

i would of thought they learned from shadowlands mistakes.

if its anything to how beasttribes worked in ff14 it is daily content to do for each tribe.

if its anything less than that it’s purely for timegating reasons.

Can’t you do both for the mogs? it’s just a lil bit more of a grind.

I think you can, not tested what happens if you switch loyalty each week

Time to become a turncoat each week, #noloyalty

1 Like

If we can only develop one covenant at a time then I prefer the old reputation system. There we were able to gain reputation with all factions at once. Back in the day we even got reputation for the kills, sometimes even with tabards, no time gating.

I was absolutely not motivated in Shadowlands to level all covenants to 80, not even with the catch-up mechanics and I can’t see the motivation in myself to do it in Dragonflight either. Maybe for the unicorn mount if it counts against the exalteds.

Blizzard, you took the fun out of the reputation system for me.

3 Likes

i kind of agree…

if it is one at a time and you have to change each time to do others…

that is a BIG OOOF.

means they learned absolutely nothing from shadowlands

You can work towards all four factions at the same time, and you start earning rep for renown levels from the beginning whilst levelling as you meet each faction in their respective zones.

It’s only Wrathion and Sabellion that is one at a time, and again all this is purely for cosmetic stuff, nothing in the renown ranks or Wrathion v Sabellion loyalty affects your player progression or power or ability at end game.

You can totally ignore it if you don’t want to do it.

3 Likes

Title is misleading… I thought: finally we will get cross faction guilds?
Nope, Major factions reputations.

To me Major factions are Alliance and Horde! lol :rofl:

Thanks for the headsup! Glad to hear that. One choice is not a problem, I have done both the Frenzyheart Tribe and the Oracles back in Wotlk.

1 Like

But honestly, I think I maybe changed covenant only once on this toon, and even then because of a bug maybe, so whatever I pick in DF will likely stay xD

1 Like

I have not changed covenant once to be honest x.x

2 Likes

I just got Beta access and got a lot of things clarified about the Major Reputations.
Here is how the UI for the reps looks
https://prnt.sc/ZfVbYB-H5Tic

The new renown is pretty much reputation levels. Instead of Honored/Revered/Exalted we get Renown 1/2/…/500. It is earned like how reps are usually earned, do a quest get rep, fill the XP bar get renown level.

You can progress all the reputations at once and are not locked into them.

I’m pretty early in the expansion but so far I am liking what I am seeing.

1 Like

Thanks for the headsup!

So…Im just wondering how it works with The “Exalted-Achivement” ??
When does it count as “Exalted” ? Standing with 99/100 Exalted.

So again not alt friendly.

more alt friendly than shadowlands in the sense u are not locked to one at a time…

maybe they should make it so…

bare with me…

every 20 renown levels you get on your main. you get 5 levels on your alts as long as they have passed the DF introduction.

1 Like

Follow this guide and it will get you 100 easy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.