Dragonflight Preview: An Eye on Professions

love the crafting agent, HATE the quality thing.

i always hated it when some games made it so one items have several different versions of it and you need to recraft or buy or find it like 50 times before you get what you want.

you just farmed the hell out of the game to get the mats. you paid the fee (that can be high) and now you need to hope its going to come top quality. if it doesnt (which most likely it wont) you will have to farm and pay the gold again and hope for the best.

quality = stupid idea that will make all players (except crafters) hate the crafting. will also be the reason for people to stop using crafting.

How will gems be handled in Dragonflight? Please spare us the horror of Shadowlands style rep grinds for a single gem slot, and return to them being baseline on gear :crossed_fingers:

Crafted gear, fine … i can live/be happy with that …

But Phials… Why do we need even more different kinds of consumables ? just why? :cry:

And still gated by raiding. The prices for raid dropped mats will be extortionate. They never learn.

Honestly, I’m not convinced.

Feels suspiciously like titan-forging via the back door, and horrendously over complex.

Just like titan forging, crafting/buying anything less than top stats is going to feel like you’re losing out, rather than the higher-than-base crafts feeling like a bonus.

I’m all for keeping crafting relevant throughout an expansion, and making the game-play a bit deeper, and heroic/mythic level gear being craft-able with a buying players BOP gathered mats rather than the crafter is great, but such crafting needs to be limited via a cool-down in some way (e.g. can only craft X item of a certain tier per Y hours), rather than just high level material availability, otherwise the first person to power level it is going to basically corner the market as people are going to just throw extra gold at the “best” items possible, rather than be happy with a slightly cheaper but inferior item. Gold inflation and botting are horrendous in WoW nowadays, and so there needs to be some restriction on the pace of high level item supply beyond simply the material resourcing.

Random ilvl variation is just needlessly messy. Crafted items should be static in quality, so people know what they are getting. Random bonuses should be for the crafter to benefit from - and should be:-

1. Static or procced cooldown reduction on the cooldown for high level item crafting,
  2. Free return (to the crafter) of some/all mats required to craft the item, or
  3. Occasional free duplicate items
  4. The ability to build up crafting “charges” which can be used to craft multiple high level items back to back perhaps (so master crafters can build up to having multiple crafting charges so they can craft more often, or stack up charges for use all at once, or simply have “mythic” equivelent ilvl items require multiple cooldown charges to create - meaning they will demand a higher tip, and also only be available to crafters who have invested time crafting lower level items to level up, while also limiting supply in a way that higher level items will naturally become more available (and cheaper) as a patch progresses and more crafters gain the skill / charges to craft the top level stuff.

I also fear the work order system is likely to be botted oblivion.

I like where its going in many ways, but this needs a LOT of work to not be horribly broken on launch.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.