Error # 132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception!

Good afternoon/evening/morning, wherever you are in the world.

I am in dire need of assistance please and thanks in advance. I did not want to jump on another thread, so instead thought I would make my own. Some of you may be familiar with the above error, which I have spent a good 4 hours trying to solve, I’m down to my last few strands of hair to pull out. Below is a list of WHAT I HAVE DONE to try and resolve this issue:

chkdsk
Defrag
memtest
A fresh WoW install then a scan and repair
sfc scannow
Changed compatibility to W7, W8, Vista, if I could go back to 95 I would.
Cleared cache, addons and WTF folder
Rolled back to an older driver, didn’t work
Updated to the latest driver, didn’t work
Closed all background apps inc anti virus, xbox app etc
PC isn’t overheating, runs at 42 under load

Spec is below:
Windows 10 Pro
1TB HDD
Gigabyte x570 UD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte RTX 2070
16GB 2600 RAM

Here’s the situation, WoW Classic runs beautifully. BFA just is not having any of it. I have error logs, dxdiag and msinfo logs to supply on demand. Please, can anyone save me from this nightmare? Provide me with your wisdom, perhaps a glimmer of hope or the will to live before I go senile.

Stay safe all.

P.S I have read other posts and tried those solutions but nada.

UPDATE: Seem to have fixed it by adding additional command line -d3d11legacy

3 Likes

Hi,

Glad to hear that you managed to fix it. What did you add to fix it and how did you do it?

Thanks!

In the Battle.net app, I went into the game settings and added an additional command line argument ‘-d3d11legacy’. Once done, restarted the app and the game launched with no problems at all.

9 Likes

Heve the same problem - after today,s patch I cant start playing - Classic is very good but Wow isnt. I w3rote also d3d11 legacy and it not help

1 Like

same here, i cant launch dragonflight prepatch

I love you man! Thank you so much!

1 Like