[eu] linux users are unable to log in

To summarize the issue, it seems like Linux users have been banned from WoW Retail and WoW Classic game servers, possibly by ignoring gnutls packages. [1]

I would like a Blizzard employee to join this discussion and propose solutions, whether it be a hotfix or refund.

Links:

3 Likes

There’s a fix. I didn’t try it myself yet, but reportedly it works.

2 Likes

I can confirm this working.
# echo 128 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_default_ttl

2 Likes

Me to, it works.
echo 128 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_default_ttl

Oh is that it? I tried to submit the following ticket:
x–
Since Sunday (8 Sep 2019) During the DDoS Attack, I had issues logging in to both my EU and US (retail & classic) accounts.

Eventually after numerous WOW51900328 error disconnects, I managed to log in to EU/classic on my Character on Hydraxian Waterlords.

Taking a Boat from Menethil to Auberdine, I got disconnected. I reconnected to find my character in the Menethil graveyard.

I tried the boat ride again and disconnected again. After this i cannot reconnect at all.
I log into my account but on Realm Selection, I wait a long time and disconnect with the mentioned error.

I have tried all the steps from the “scan & repair” tool, to deleting my Cache, WTF and where applicable, the WDB folders.

The same issues persists and I am most concerned.
–x
But got stuck at the MSinfo thing and had to give up.

This thread needs to be bumped.

Worked for me. Stay awesome, opensource community!

Same. Thanks.

I use Linux myself, but keep in mind…

Linux is an unsupported OS for the purpose of World of Warcraft.

That means, while you can run it, while you can play World of Warcraft on it, quite legitimately. Blizzard will not offer you any technical support for issues regarding it.

1 Like

ditto. on Slackware64-14.2

This is not only Linux issue!!! I am playing from win 10 and still having same issues…I do have Huawei gigacube as router, if that plays any role.

1 Like

I think your router is using a linux (like a lot of them do) and is doing something to your packages which blizzard blocks.

1 Like

I’m willing to believe this claim, Windows users have experienced this too and from the solution people are describing, it sounds like IPV6 is being rejected for some reason.

I used irrelevant.txt containing this for MSINFO:
Content of this file is irrelevant, please, provide support related to my problem

1 Like

Good summery here :

Happy grinding!

Manjaro linux, linksys router. Working after fix.

Just goes to show how Blizzards attitude is very poor compared to other games companies… CCP originally released a Linux version of EVE online, but when it became evident that the Linux experience was better running the Windows version under Wine… there was a consultation with the players, and it was agreed that the Linux version would be dropped, and CCP would “unofficially” ensure that the game continued to work under Wine. I know, for example that the EVE Online client has Wine specific code in it for gathering stats from Linux players…

Very different approach.

1 Like