Farstrider and Highborne customisations for Elves - PLS

I quite like the new options, especially the wild ones, but I really hope that’s not the end of it, because we really haven’t had a run of decent highborne options yet.

1. Need more necklace and headdress options (headdress on males too) that have that look.

https://imgur.com/a/lA7CMa9

https://imgur.com/VbQUtfa

1. Neat hair options also missing

2. They actually removed the neat groomed beard, rather than added a few of those - those need to come back

3. Arcane features: The Tattoos could use an arcane variation.

4. Vines could have a “stars” in hair variation option - like a decoration or glitter

5. No face alterations occured - smoother younger versions - i woulds say add an age slider

6. Pose/Expression alteratons - I would say add an expression slider - go from serene - feral (i.e. growl/snarl) - arrogant - the expression will alter the idle pose too,

Also recommend body slider - because in the NElf DH model and Nightborne model, we can have access to a more ripped body and a slimmer one. My recommendation is that males get all 3, females only ripped and normal, they don’t really need to be slim

That’s cos the male physique is very bulky, and highborne types would likely be slimmer.

2 Likes

They could actually do Highborne as another model tab on the Night elf CC. Just like on the worgen one you can select the Worgen tab or human tab to customise either form.

Night Elf Highborne Tab
On the Night Elf you have the Night Elf and Highborne tab.

• Click the Highborne tab - you get the thin model of the Nightborne but with Night elf ears.
  • You also get it in the night elf skin tones, night elf hair colours, maybe some nightborne hairstyles.
  • You get arcane tattoos, star effects, and instead of vines you get headdresses like these

https://imgur.com/a/lA7CMa9
https://imgur.com/VbQUtfa

You do have a body type toggle to go between normal night elf size or the skinnier size also used on the nightborne model.

Void Elf
Similar can be done for void elves. On the void elf CC screen you get Void elf and high elf.

Farstriders
I do not recommend this for farstrider though. Although it could be done there. Instead for Farstriders I recommend:

• Farstrider Warpaints
  • And simply adding more overgrown beards and hairstyles
  • Adding a scar customisation slider
4 Likes

Lipstick colors for undead women. (Pink, red, nude, Blue, Black)

Green skin for trolls

1 Like

just to see forsaken being able to stand straight.

A new idle animation/stance for night elf females to give them a shred of dignity and remove that ridiculous bounce.

1 Like

Sounds like a sub-race template as described in Sigfrieda’s thread?

We were discussing Farstriders as a template for the Blood Elves just the other day, too.

In fact, Moira already made a mockup for the Void/High elf thing:
https://i.ibb.co/c2xJCNV/subrace-customization-mockup-highelf.jpg

You can check it out here:

3 Likes

Ah yeh, I am fully in support of that. Hope they do it too, it’s a great way of adding more customisation.

1 Like

I could probably work on some mockups tomorrow. Will try to!

2 Likes

@Zaxithorne May I ask what happened with this? We’ve seen a lot of changes for the new customisations, but nothing serious for Farstrider Blood elves and Highborne Night elves… did they just ignore all our feedback here?

I’ll be honest, it’s quite dis-heartening and makes me wonder why we even bother. Do they care? Do they listen?

1 Like

Here’s the thing:

Blizzard don’t have time to be going through and making fitting features for every single race/class combo.

Hell, where are the special features that symbolise the “Human Mage” vibe? Wonky purple eyes and that’s it? Do me a favor.

At the end of the day, they’ve gone and picked reasonable features for all core concepts.
And we do have Highborne-like features. They’ve got darker purple eyes as well as jewelry and earrings.
Now obviously, these features are not going to be as present as what we see on the Blood Elves, who are Highborne descendants and kept up with “Highborne-like” clothing and appearance styles.

And I don’t think many of the features are styles towards certain “race/class” combos. They are more racial-themed and style-themed. Blood Elves have very little features that resemble any specific class. I’d say that the closest class that matches the new features is probably “Priest” as they seem to get many features that the Sin’dorei Priestess had in the TBC Cinematic.
Night Elves have very clear Druidic features, because that is what symbolises them the most. Hell, the very first night elf we see is the night elf druid from the Classic cinematic.

1 Like

There it is:

It’s a good idea, but how many will they have to do and they won’t please everyone.

I mean, what about the Magisters of Quel’Thalas? Where is their tab? They are the most proficient Elven Mages on Azeroth - why are night elf mages getting prioritized over these brilliant Arcanists.
You start getting these sorts of arguments and they are fair arguments.

What about the various night elf druid orders? Do you see where I’m going with this.

Blizzard have done extremely well with the features for all the races, thus far. Yes, a few have got very, class-bound features, such as night elf druids and blood elf priests, but these are few and far between.
If we start asking for extra tabs, then where do we draw that line, because it has to be drawn somewhere?

I mean, a Farstrider tab is only giving the Blood Elves some “Alleria” style tattoos, but these don’t even seem common, since Vereesa, Lor’themar and Hauldoran don’t appear to have tattoos and neither did Sylvanas and she was the Ranger General of Quel’Thalas.

We have to tread carefully with this and Blizzard has done right with the limitations of class-bound features. Make some which are few and far between, but don’t start wasting time trying to get every single race/class combo into having specific features. It won’t end well.
I mean, what are the features for Human Warlocks, other than green-like eyes? How can you define what a Dwarf Mage would look like?
How do you show Orc Warlocks, despite Orcs already having green skin?

It’s gets complicated.

1 Like

The only thing that we got for Night elves that are close to Highborne are the new skin and hair colors. And that one necklace with purple diamond. That’s literally it. All the other options are Druid/feral only. The new earrings aren’t even what Highborne would wear but what priestesses of Elune or druids would.

3 Likes

If they didnt I wouldn’t be surprised at all, giving how they never really listen to the fans. And the options the races are getting now are most likely the only options they are gonna get. I doubt they are gonna get any new ones later on. And they still feel very limited. Literally each race got like 3 new hairstyles…how is that even an improvement?!

3 Likes

I get that, but many features across all the races, are not specifically class-bound.
Blood Elf features don’t really have a specific “class” associated with them…maybe only “Priest” as the lavish jewelry is symbolic to that of the Blood Elf Priestess in the TBC cinematic.

But I go back to my point of - Blizzard can’t design features that work for every single race/class combo - in this case, Night Elf Mages. It’s a lot of work and the fact of the matter is, nobody can truly define what features a night elf/highborne mage actually has. We can speculate with purple eyes and arcane tattoos, but aside from that - we really only have the Highborne Archaeology items, where we can see crowns and necklaces.

It’s the same for Farstriders - nobody can tell me what exact features they have, other than Alleria having blue tattoos. Well, that doesn’t really tell me a whole lot because Sylvanas was the Ranger-General and she didn’t have any tattoos. Lor’themar was a Farstrider Captain and he didn’t have any and Hauldoran is the now, Ranger General and he doesn’t have any.
Vereesa is also the Ranger General of the Silver Covenant and she has no tattoos either.

The only Blood Elf character, who is in Silvermoon, who has tattoos is Rommath and he’s a Mage.

See what I mean? We can speculate and we can put good money on some features that we’d like to see, being completely accurate - but we’ve got so many things to factor in.

Like - Not all Highborne were Mages. Majority were, let’s not kid, but some were not. They had Rangers (High Ranger Valarian), Warriors (Varo’then), Hunters (Illyanna Ravenoak) and Priestesses (High Priestess Siralen).

That would be such a shame, and I don’t really understand it.

Farstriders are iconic in Thalassian lore, we got 3 windrunner sisters and a good portion of quests for them, a leader that’s from them - it’s hard to think that some scars, tattoos (like the nelf males got and Alleria has) would be too hard to give with some colour variations - gold, red, black, green and possibly blue (or they could leave blue out for void elves). Then add some messier beards and more martial hunter type hair styles like we saw in the Night elves to make the farstrider look.

Doing an icon that says farstrider would help or alternatively just naming the tattoo options Farstrider tattoos, then having farstrider pre-fix the hair style e.g. farstrider mohawk, farstrider swept.

For Night elves:
Highborne are again an iconic caste of the kaldorei, leaders of their pre-sundering civilization, their most prolific spell casting group. The Shen’dralar famous for their wonder engineering for the Queen and were so highly revered, the Farondis famous for their justice, and ofc Queen Azshara and the palace Highborne notorious for their descent into the evil people they became.

Highborne are such an iconic facet of the night elven history and culture, and capture the dark elf caster side of the NElves well, surely it warrants a bit more than we’ve got?

Where are the fancy headresses? the arcane effects like glowing hands or stars or arcane tattoos instead?

Noticed NElf males have lost that really neatly groomed beard style, that seemed like the level of neat highborne would have.

Hope they change their mind.

But the problem is that tattoos only appear on one Farstrider and that’s Alleria, who’s a Void/High Elf.
Vereesa, Sylvanas, Lor’themar, Haldoran and the other Farstrider forces - none of these Elves had tattoos, so how can we say they would look any different to that of a Magister, Warlock or Blood Knight?

The only other character, who is in Silvermoon, who has tattoos is Rommath and he’s a Magister.
So are tattoos really a “Farstrider” thing or are they a “Mage” thing?

But if you’ve read my post - they can’t. They don’t have time to making every single race/class combo have some sort of representation. What about Human Mages? They are so iconic with Agewynn and Khadgar and Jaina and Rhonin and Medivh, but what are they getting? Wonky purple eyes…?
What about Blood Elf Mages? Iconic and most proficient Elven Arcanists on Azeroth…what about a Magisters tab? But this again, is completely ridiculous because they won’t please everyone and I would rather they be done with the features now and move to the in-game stuff and make sure that is alright.

WoD is a clear indicator that no matter how good the artwork is - if the in-game stuff fails, all that artwork is for nothing.

Blizzard have chosen a very good and very safe focus, because the new features aren’t class-bound. They are simply racial-bound.

None of the Blood Elf features truly resemble “Mages” or “Farstriders” or even “Blood Knights.” I’d say, the inspiration behind their jewelry was the Blood Elf Priestess in the TBC cinematic.

They can actually. They have Azshara’s Night elf model as inspiration. Hairstyles like hers (something styled and elegant like the blood elves and Nightborne have), jewelry like hers (bracelets, leg ring, tiaras/crowns, necklaces and they can add golden jewelry recolors (the one with the purple pendant would work so perfect with gold), her skin color, makeup around the eyes as she has (those aren’t markings), the ladies could have long nails as well. Honestly adding this (which they won’t) would be just what Highbonre options are.

Edit: and these options wouldn’t be just for Highborne they could be used by any class, they would only give that ancient styled vibe to Night elves not the feral Druidic ones they are only gonna get.

Why are Blood Elves entitled to farstrider tattoos when the only elf whom really has them is Alleria and she’s a High/Void Elf, if anything, Void Elves should get ranger and voidy tattoos, not Blood Elves. Body jewelry if more fitting for Blood Elves imho, and since almost every race in the game is getting tattos, that would make them feel more unique.

3 Likes

Sadly it seems like they removed the body jewelry :frowning:

1 Like