Dear Blizzard

There is a tremendous issue for The Horde in battlegrounds. In every battleground there seems to be people not playing. It is mainly people who join and go AFK, or bots who are just there to farm honor without doing any effort at all.

This causes The Horde to lose nearly every battleground and it is really frustrating.

When is Blizzard going to do something about this? It is absolutely ruining the game, and it is inspiring me to quit playing all together.
Please tell that you’re aware of this and working on a solution!

Kind regards

3 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

Not only there’s problem with botting, but there’s massive problem with faction imbalance. Majority of good players are playing Alliance due to their insane racials, therefore Horde is automatically in disadvantage having lesser people playing it. World PvP is 3v30 on almost every War Crate and Battlegrounds aren’t much different. Even though the number of players in BGs is the same, the quality of them isn’t, because there’s no reason why someone who wants to be good in PvP would play a faction with underwhelming racials.

1 Like

Here is a suggestion: One of the most frustrating things with both battlegrounds and epic battlegrounds is that people don’t focus on the objectives and just kill aimlessly around. If you get a good team that works together, listens to what needs to be done, and focuses on the objectives, battlegrounds are so much fun. A feature that I am missing that could fix this is that someone is the commander. Why not, before a bg starts, allow someone to run for the commander? Someone who will provide instructions using the new ping system that is being made. If these instructions could be shown on the map for the whole team, that would be awesome. At the end of the bg people can vote for how much they liked the commander. If he/she gets a lot of dislikes it’s less likely for them to be accepted to be a commander again.

Also, to fix people just aimlessly killing around and not focussing on the objectives, provide rewards for people who do it. For example, give someone who captures and defends a tower in Alterac Valley extra marks of honor or something. And provide even more rewards if this is something the commander instructed you to do.

This would change bg dramatically in a, what I think, very positive way.

I very much agree.

Delete Seething Shores

1 Like

With the increase in damage from sieges, tank specs now get almost one shotted because of the already increased damage they take in pvp. That makes the bgs with sieges almost unplayable

Yeah the big problem is that horde have a shorter way to run to allieance base than the other way around.

With current tuning (and shorter run distance) hordes just run to allie base and kill boss whithout taking down any towers. So currently in retail with a couple of decent tanks and a few good healers AV is guaranteed win for horde.

Is this being adressed?

Workshop is already the go-to tactic. Siege-engine main cannon already does absurd damage.

It seems like the only tactic available from now on will be workshop. Use vehicles to destroy players.

This will most likely increase the amount of leavers, since it will be obvious who is going to win the bg after the first fighht in middle.

One change that may help is to improve the glaives ALOT. Bigger radius on attack, faster travel on attack, minimum range shorter. (alongside a massivly increased damage to players). This might make docks a viable tactic instead of WS.

im guessing this is another one of these things we started working on, that was completely forgotten xD

1 Like

I’m sorry to say this but AV is so out of date that those changes don’t do anything to improve the gameplay. Most raid teams in AV are rushing the horde boss and with the current design all it takes is to rush through the landscape, without any pvp, take the 2 towers in Frostwolf Keep and the flag, and then kill Drek.
AV used to be great fun and required a lot more than this to succeed. Remake the design so it requires some pvp if you want to win- make AV fun and great again!

And while redesigning it, exclude full premade teams to join “random” epic battle grounds. Those groups never belonged in any random epic battleground.

2 Likes

id just like some change to russian premades mass queuing abusing the system to get in the epic bgs people going into epic bgs dont always have the best gear already at a disadvantage then they come with the best gear and a leader in discord and stream it all on twitch …

2 Likes

Ahh, those were the days, when you could actually get the full raid to co-operate with the IB tower choke, fun games those :slight_smile:

All these posts about premades ruining the game and still nothing will be done. The best days of PvP was when we had templates.

I grouped up with a friend for a evening full of Epic Random BGs, our first for the evening was Ashran, and we was quickly met with a Premade-leader used his “Join my community for more premades” macro.
I answered: “Say no to Premades”.
His premade team reported me so i got kicked. I now gotta wait for my friend to either leave or finish the Epic BG without me.
15min later we joined another one, worked fine and then the third for the evening started.
Same premade team as before, but this time they reported me inside spawn (We havnt even started yet) and i got kicked as AV gates opened.
My friend? Has done or said nothing in BG-Chat, they but share name similar name with me. Got reported non-stop through the AV and following Epic BG she tried to do without me, forcing her to enter PvP-Combat nonstop, ultimately this did not safe-guard her and she got kicked.
Is this the new meta for Epic Random BGs? Premade people reporting those who does not follow their “orders” or “agenda”?
This if anything should validate the huge problem we have with Premades in Epic Random BGs.
Speak up against them, their premade team will mock and straight up bully you or as i saw today, make you unable to do Epic Random BGs for the evening.

moral of the story,
don’t poke the bear

just enjoy the game without talking in Bg’s. if someone is a premade on my team im ok with it,
just like you are a premade group with your friend

Huge difference betwen 1-5 enjoying a BG as intended, following the rules and walking around the limits sat by Blizzard so you could queue up with 15-30people.

Moral of the story:
Dont bend rules sat by the creators.
Enjoy the Epic BGs as they are intended to be, Epic.

Nothing is more boring than a joining a Premade, either on your side or theirs.
Your team wins so big there is no challenge or you lose so hard your whole team (and theirs) will just stand there waiting for it to be over which often takes a while for the others to realize.
Say no to Premades in all Random BGs

1 Like

Five years! Five years ago this post was made and within minutes people were giving feedback on how bad the premades were and still are. Each blue reply we got was completely ignoring everyone yelling about premades. This absolutely ridiculous…

3 Likes

I’d like the whole group thing removed from EBG entirely just have it as 1 group of 40 people. Why? because if 4 of your group leaves the second the 4th leaves you also get booted meaning all time is lost with no rewards. Happened to me on my first ebg in months as normal game content has got me bored, wont be going back to ebg and il just wait until next expansion comes out burn through that in 6 months and wont bother returning. Honestly about premades they always going to exist blizz don’t care

Thanks for the try to make them a better experience. Maybe I have a chance to get answers for other questions related to Epic BGs and BGs in general.

1. Why do Epic BGs start without a healer (queues are around 4 min).
  2. Why are we forced to play epic BGs we would rather not play? Potentially there is a reason why people don’t want to play them. So maybe remove those, people don’t want to play? Or you could do different Epic BGs each Season with maybe Alterac every Season.
  3. Why are so many premades in Epic BGs. With a lose rate around 80%. Why do randoms need to suffer because premades don’t get matches with other premades …
  4. Blitz Brawl is the 10x better experience. Why do all the things that don’t work in Random Bgs work there? And yes, I’m happy with 8 min queues.

I would really love to get answers on those topics because if I look at Blitz Brawl it looks like Blizzard does know those problems.

What do we have here, one who joins the Zeni and company teams, your opinion about EBG is ruled out.