Fix premades, that's will fix gameplay at all, not the more health of walls, npcs or such. This also will fix gameplay in normal /non epic/ BGs.

Premades now have such big advantage. I am 285 ilvl and hardly with buffs reach 75K health, while meeting people in premades are 120k+. Current state of PvP is worse than before. Fix premades or bring back stats system or bring back items to be buyed with honor at least with loosing can gear up for loosed time to play versus premade. Current casual state of PvP is terrible.
Demolishers in iscle need hotfix asap, it's stupid that they 2 shoot people, it's stupid to nuke people on towers.
1 Like
Isle of Conquest is in dire need of tuning atm. You can get every single base except Workshop and be the most diligent team in the world, but it still won't matter because Workshop is the only thing that matters.

Siege engines are overtuned to such a degree that they consistently win the BG single-handedly. They don't even need defenders because they can 1-2 shot every single player who comes at them, and they can take out the cannons on the fortress without any trouble at all. If one of the demos just spams the tower constantly it will also interrupt anyone trying to fix the damn thing.

I took a long break from PvP pre-BfA, so I can't really comment on how it was before, but atm it's the most broken BG hands down.
Every match I'm in nowadays devolves into the following:

- Both teams rush mid
- Whoever has the most AoE heals wins mid
- The game is basically over

I've done a couple IoC matches where we got docks, we got hangar, and both quarry and refinery, we used the airship to clean out the enemy base so we could have people constantly placing bombs, we placed the glaives in their sniping spot and had them bombarding the gate without interruption, we had 100% uptime on siege damage buffs from the secondary bases, but it didn't matter. The Horde got WS and won because it's simply more powerful than everything else combined.
This goes both ways of course, I've been in plenty where Alliance gets the WS and it's gg, though admittedly this doesn't happen as often, as the ones I've been in have featured more AoE heals on Horde side = they get WS = they win.
1 Like
12/09/2018 15:54Posted by Piker
- Both teams rush mid
- Whoever has the most AoE heals wins mid
- The game is basically over

Exactly this.

You've made only one base matter and the game is more often than not decided in the opening 2-3 minute lagfest of a battle over WS.

More often than not the Horde takes WS. Demos hit for 60-100k which is pretty silly as well.

I understand the intention was to rebalance AV and IoC to reduce the Alliance win rates but honestly I think these changes just reverse the situation. I've played a number of AVs and IoCs today and Alliance haven't won a single one of them.
31/07/2018 14:45Posted by Taepsilum
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Here are some updates:

Alterac Valley

We feel Alterac Valley is in a pretty decent spot. We've seen a dip in Alliance win rates, but want to give them time to re-adjust and strategize after the changes. We'll continue to monitor things and make changes where necessary.

We realize players have a passion for some of Alterac Valley's classic mechanics (Ivus, Lokholar). While we have no immediate changes to announce yet, it’s something we may adjust in the future.

[/quote]

I loved AV back in classic. I think you can still significantly improve Alterac Valley with a few minor tweaks. I wanted to run the side quests by taming Wolves and collecting ram hides in AV to surprise the enemies. This was not possible.

1. It takes me nearly the whole AV to actually tame 25 Wolves. Although it feels a bit too long, I could accept this factor if there wasn't number 2...

2. you can't really farm/loot the rams. It rotates on which player is allowed to loot the ram, but the players were mostly far away (e.g. destroying the Alliance tower in their base).

I think by changing the loot option for the rams, so that I can actually loot every ram I kill , you will provide actual variations to the AV experience. Imagine a small tag team of heroes prepping up the cavalry assault for the mid game.

This obviously also applies for Alliance, but vice versa.
Hey hey,

We've made some tuning adjustments:

Alterac Valley
For Battle for Azeroth, we’ve put scaling on the creatures to make them more of a consistent challenge . Our intent is that the gameplay experience of Alterac Valley remains consistent, as in the creatures remain a challenge as your gear progresses. This system was in place at launch, but we’ve discovered a bug with the scaling which we’ve sent a hotfix for. In short, the creatures should now feel similar as they did during during the beginning of the expansion. Let us know how it feels!

Isle of Conquest
We’ve reduced the damage the Siege Engine and Demolishers deal to players and to the Keep Cannons. This should reduce the power of the Workshop and bolster defense up.

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback to Epic Battlegrounds, and we hope to share with you our future plans of new Battlegrounds we intend to add to the Epic Battlegrounds queue soon.
this is battleground feedback not sure if relevant or not but. i mainly use epic battleground when i am in a pvp mood because the ability to blacklist was removed and my blacklist only contained non epic battlegrounds.
02/10/2018 13:13Posted by Aerythlea
We’ve reduced the damage the Siege Engine and Demolishers deal to players

It doesn't feel like it has been reduced by much. Demos still hit for about 67k, and about 28k from the ram.
Remove Russians or blend them in, the same for French and Germans. Spanish and Portugees are blend in aswell.
5 Likes
I think the problem is right now that the epic battlegrounds are abused by russian groups. Premade or not when you see them constantly on both sides I feel there does need to be something done to address this.
6 Likes
Try to control entry point for groups in BGs. I mean premades always join at once, and I am sure on monitoring is easier to catch. If can and make premades to face premades, not easy win as now, this will balance the BGs and will reduce numbers of premade groups.

Rarely if have luck and overtake premade group, I see how people leave it, because they are in only for easy wins, which you reward at the moment.

Also mix people from different realms. PVP is universal language, right? If que solo, let me have chance to be on spot in french, russian, german or other horde side, as of now I can face russians, but can't be in their side, if don't use character player to que in their language system. This also can reduce queue time.
It's getting tiring to only run these 2 "epic" battegrounds. After running them a couple of times, they are really not that epic anymore, they were never epic. Av in the olden days maybe, but since you thought it was a good thing to change the map....well, not so much. I would love to see Wintergrasp back and Tol Barad. Please revive those and give us some more options.
1 Like
19/10/2018 20:23Posted by Unhorn
I think the problem is right now that the epic battlegrounds are abused by russian groups. Premade or not when you see them constantly on both sides I feel there does need to be something done to address this.

What do they du aginst Horde? Really wanna know to be honest.
02/10/2018 13:13Posted by Aerythlea
Hey hey,

We've made some tuning adjustments:

Alterac Valley
For Battle for Azeroth, we’ve put scaling on the creatures to make them more of a consistent challenge . Our intent is that the gameplay experience of Alterac Valley remains consistent, as in the creatures remain a challenge as your gear progresses. This system was in place at launch, but we’ve discovered a bug with the scaling which we’ve sent a hotfix for. In short, the creatures should now feel similar as they did during during the beginning of the expansion. Let us know how it feels!

Isle of Conquest
We’ve reduced the damage the Siege Engine and Demolishers deal to players and to the Keep Cannons. This should reduce the power of the Workshop and bolster defense up.

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback to Epic Battlegrounds, and we hope to share with you our future plans of new Battlegrounds we intend to add to the Epic Battlegrounds queue soon.

Good evening Aerythlea,

here my thoughts:
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624603647#post-1

Thanks for your attention

Greetings Taepsilum ,

Bring back the old blacklist system.
I dont want to join even for fun these ‘‘Epic’’ battlegrounds.
But right now with the daily Conquest bonus , feels like im forced to.

Last time i’ve played IoC was back at 2012 and AV back at 2016
Its like returning back to a nightmare.

Plus 80% i que vs Russians who tryhard in these 40man raids…
I mean bgs.
I cba tryhard on 40v40 anyway.

Regards,

1 Like

Is there a reason this thread is not sticky? :slight_smile:

1 Like

AV could use some updates, to reduce the strenght of some of those chokes points.

1 Like

pvp is not pve…
stop force pvp players play pve playstyle…
remove russians premade
make random more like rated
equalize gear more in random and less in rated…

I WANT PLAY VERSUS PLAYER NOT VERSUS WALLS…

plz put stronger walls on pve side and let pvers destroy your strong walls before every boss :slight_smile:
pvp players want play pvp … let us level up , gear up , drop some gold on pvp side…
this wil make random fun

5 Likes

Honestly, the only change I want for Epic Battlegrounds, is preferably to remove russians from EU battlegrounds. EPIC battleground are going to die out eventually if you keep allowing EU players to be farmed by russian groups (premade or not).

Perhaps russians simply are better, or foul play is involved, I don’t know. But constantly beeing farmed, ending an AV after 1 hour and 7 minutes with the “best” alliance player having about 18-20 Honorable Kills while the worst Horde player have something along the lines of 300+ is just sickening. Nothing you do in AV will make it more enjoyable when you keep meeting russians that sit back and just farm the entire EU group that for some reason can barely get any kills.

7 Likes

I think the use ivus and lokholar should be re introduced into AV aswell as collecting scraps and harnesses etc to bolster the pve units and get mounted npcs out. These were all a big deal back in vanilla and made part of it fun making a big push when you’ve finally gotten enough resources to spawn them.

And remove that damn choke point on horde side in AV aswell its boring German and Russian horde just sit there waiting and now ally waits at SH and field of strife and horde just sit there and don’t move you can have the first 20 mins ally just waiting for horde to stop standing there cause it’s a massive advantage. Or keep it there and give the same to alliance side