I wanted to like the Epic BGs, I wanted to play them, so I painstakingly tried and tried, but it became soon more and more obvious how right the people here are.
There’s absolutely no reason to play them, because of these reasons:
- Ally can almost never win (1 out of 50 maybe?)
- PvE plays WAY too big a part now (vehicles, cannons, bombs, whatnots)
- PvE mobs are ABLE TO KILL players. Who thought this was a good idea?
- Cards are stacked against ally so hard, it’s pointless to even try
- It’s just NOT fun to plough through this neverending torture, KNOWING full well we’re going to lose, but yet have to wait 20 minutes for the loss to materialize
- The rewards are not ANY better than regular BGs, so what’s so ‘epic’ about them? If it gave 400+ GEAR (or even 385, 370, whatnot), GUARANTEED, then -maybe- it might be worth it.
I have an idea; let’s bring back PvP gear, PvP rewards in form of currency you can use to buy your own gear, design which gear you will buy next, etc. Let the player have some INVOLVEMENT instead of giving five of the same rings and other random crap that’s below the level you already have.
PvP vendor, PvP currency, PvP gear (so PvErs can NOT kick the buttocks of PvP players, unless they ACTUALLY play PvP!)…
Funny, it almost seems like these things existed, but someone HAD to go fix what wasn’t broken. Unfix it, please.