Greetings!

The War Within dungeon testing begins on PTR realms this week. The test period will begin Tuesday June 25th at 10:00 PDT (13:00 EDT, 19:00 CEST), and end Tuesday July 2nd at 10:00 PDT (13:00 EDT, 19:00 CEST). Please note that the test period may be adjusted in the event of technical difficulties.

The following dungeons are available for testing on Mythic and Mythic+ difficulty:

• The Stonevault
  • The Dawnbreaker
  • Ara-Kara, City of Echoes
  • City of Threads
  • Grim Batol
  • The Necrotic Wake
  • Mists of Tirna Scithe
  • Siege of Boralus

Some notable dungeon changes for this test:

The Stonevault

• E.D.N.A - Adjusted ability timing for the encounter
  • Void Speaker Eirich’s Entropy duration reduced from 2 minutes to 90s

Siege of Boralus

• Scrimshaw Gutters’ Tooth Breaker haste reduction reduced from 35% to 15%
  • Ashvane Sniper’s Ricochet’s additional target damage reduced by 50%
  • Ashvane Invader’s Stinging Venom Coating now has a 3 seconds cooldown
  • Hadal Darkfathom no longer patrols.
  • Viq’Goth no longer spawns additional Demolishing Terrors.

Affixes will rotate daily on beta realms to expedite their testing, there are new affixes ready for testing this week:

• Xal’atath’s Bargain: Ascendant
    • While in combat, Xal’atath rains down orbs of cosmic energy that attempt to empower nearby enemies, increasing their Haste and Movement speed. If players disrupt these orbs, they claim this effect for themselves.
  • Xal’atath’s Bargain: Frenzied
    • Non-boss enemies become frenzied at 30% health remaining, increasing their Haste by 40%, but increasing their damage taken by 20%.

At +12, the following affixes replace Xal’atath’s Bargain affixes:

• Xal’atath’s Guile
    • Xal’atath betrays players, revoking her bargains and increasing the health and damage of enemies by 20%.

During the test period you’ll be able to acquire and customize the level and dungeon of Mythic Keystones by talking to the Keystone Vendor in Stormwind or Orgrimmar, and the nearby Dungeon Teleports NPC will assist you with transportation. During testing, players will have their item levels scaled to an appropriate level for the active Keystone level. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

3 Likes

For me, after testing a bit, the “Xal’atath’s Bargain: Ascendant” Affix looks perfectly fine, and the removal of Easy/Hard Weeks is highly appreciated.

My concerns about the Orbs:

• Not every Class have AE-Stops with Range (Schockwave/Incap Roar vs. Ring of Peace, MD, …) nor can they hit every Orb at once (Leg Sweeps with its awful (often Bugged) Melee-Range vs Typhoon).
  • If Orbs Spawn on a Bossfight while you are Moving and/or are Stunned you will wipe basically - Same Problem Thundering had for some Mechanics

Concern about Tyra and Fort:
Maybe rethink the way both of those Affixes work and make them Damage-Gain only.
As stated many times, hitting a single Boss for 6 min straight is neither fun nor “hard”.
Yes i understand it’s a Test about Mana-Management, but some examples like Galakrond (8 min Bossfight in a +30 Tyra) is just…Bad
Also, having increased Trash and Boss HP will be a tuning nightmare, esp. when you consider the new +12 Affix.
Hyper-Long Living Commander Enemies with +12 Dungeon-Scaling * Fort Scaling * 12 Affix Scaling is a gurantee for unexpected Oneshots from 100 > 0.

The orb bargain affix is a bit iffy.

The mechanic itself, that you need to commit interrupt/cc/displacement to stop it is perfectly fine.

What is not fine is the amount of the orbs - it should be 5 max, not 20, so in worst case scenario each party member has to commit to 1 orb.

The plan is that the bargain is the “casual” affix, yet it implies usage of more “advanced” things like stacking up on AoE CC/Displacements to do it properly.

If you want it to really be “casual” it should be manageable fully by any group comp.

1 Like

I like the orb affix, BUT being forced to use a CC, to absorb them, does not feel good.

I noticed on DK that Gorefiends Grasp can grab ALL of them in one single go. But that also means I can no longer can use Gorefiends for a entire run, cause it is so effective of just snatching all the orbs, leaving room for the rest of the group to focus their CCs on trash mobs.

I would suggest reducing the amount of orbs that spawns to around 5 of them. So a entire group can just snatch em up easily with one CC / Interrupt each.

Then again spending CCs on the affix instead of on trash mobs, still feels a bit off…

In a perfect world: running over the orbs instead would be a better approach instead of spending CCs, and keep em around 5 orbs. The orbs that has not been picked up when they time out: goes to the enemies.

1 Like

Which boss in particular are you referring here? Failing to do the affix gives the enemies 20% haste and movement speed, it’s not gonna just wipe you. The tank will take extra melee swings, and you will have abilities with a cast time be faster.

After testing this considerable amount , some classes have clear advantage against this.
Priests again can just md and deal with every single affix , paladin blind also seems like really strong against this.
This is coming from a warrior perspective , burning all my stops to deal with affix and 3 caster mobs in a pack of 4 melting the group. I think this might be tww dungeon design issue. Missing 1 cast feels ultra lethal and if you dont have preferable class for the affix you gonna burn a lot to stop it.

Ara-Kara, City of Echoes

The “Cultivated Poisons” Mythic-only ability is causing significant damage to my party and me. Perhaps the intention was to make this a healer-focused mechanic? Regardless, the current damage output is excessively high, especially considering that not all specializations have access to poison cleanses.

Xal’atath’s Bargain orbs buff the “Cultivated Poisons-debuff” tick rate
Im unsure if this acctually is true but the solution: Just reduce its damage done by about “10-20%”, remove the tick-rate increasse given from the orbs. Or just don’t make orbs buff bosses :open_mouth:

Absolut great job on ALL changes so far to m+. 10/10 changes!

Please don’t overdo it with abilities. Like the changes with the third boss Drahga Shadowburner in Grim Batol. 2 Flameelementals instead of 1 that are now a lot faster than before + fire flames to dodge + breath from the dragon + a knockback all at the same time. Thats too much!
Another example last boss Ki’katal the Harvester in Ara Kara: Getting into the puddles to survive the soak in + positioning yourself so you don’t shoot your 2 green goos into the people at the same time is too much.

Whoever thinks this is fun for the people should be checked if he hates people ^^

Tested all 4 old dungeons today.

Grim Batol is totally overtuned (boss and trash) and over paced. Dragon event does not work correctly and spamming with lua errors. First boss pace of dragons and overlapping with knockbacks is a pain.

Bolarus last boss is totally annoying with all the knockbacks. Remove them or tune the knockback down (not the damage, but the the distance we are knocked back).

NW and Mists seemed fined.

Frenzied is sometimes a pain. 40% haste is way too much. Tune it down to 10% to 20%.