Hopefully this features makes it back live in short order. Battlegrounds were finally fun!

3 Likes

well, atleast we have 50mins of queing to start spamming the forums again.

over the weekend i managed to make more tokens then i have over the release of the expansion and im still no where near finished with the honor grind.

Its painful enough with instant ques, let alone having to wait 1hour every time to get 1% of the honor needed for 1 item

after instant procs, I don’t want to wait for hours again.
return the procs! you took the baby’s lollipop!

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to participate in the same faction testing over the last couple of days and for you semi fast reaction to the problem of long BG queues.

Despite what some bitter players mention, these long BG queues simply meant that PvP content got locked for majority of Horde players making the game, as a product, incomplete. People play Horde because they like the feel of it, 90% of the players (casuals) were not aware of the potential queue issue on the horizon and they should not get punished for it. We all pay the same price for the game and deserve an access to the same content.

I hope this test is shortly implemented as normal solution. PvP community on my server basically flourished over last couple of days. It was almost non existent before. Long time offliners started to log back in to actually enjoy the game for the first time.

Now apart from making this change there is some work to be done to address faction imbalance and premades.

Free/paid transfer same realm from Horde to Alliance;
No racials in Arena (I strongly believe some Ally racials are good too but people just made a meme out of it now so give them what they want);
Premades should be matched against premades first;

6 Likes

found a couple bugs/glitches
-mind controlling same faction is broken, your team can damage the MCd target (pretty OP)
-RPing as the opposite faction causes issues with corpse running, u cant res on corpse.

was great being able to play the game though, so yeah. horde is unplayable with the long queues. open faction change, or keep this system please. take my money

Actually, you could not solve the problem with a faction transfer because the clear majority would never transfer and leave their guilds and friends behind. Clearly you did not even bother spending 30 seconds reading the initial post where they said they will be testing out same faction BGs. Typical alliance behavior, spitting out nonsense posts while not even bothering to understand what is happening and why.

Hey,

The same faction battleground was great. Me and a lot of my friends would be very keen on keeping the feature.

I play horde and most of my games that was HvH became really close and was fun to play.

However what could be worth looking into is the ‘Pug vs premade’ issue.

Thanks for the good job on this matter, keep it up!

Loved the change and cant wait for it to be active again! After long time managed to get 15 people to queue together and it was a blast!

Honor gain is still low despite winrate but atleast it is possible to play and enjoy the game.

For the pale crowd, you can offer them faction change or encourage them somehow to play more PvP - maybe throw in OP weapon for 75k honor on alliance.
When it comes to racials, give them all horde racials - we will take theirs!

1 Like

Bring back same faction queues it was great to have

Bring Cross Faction back! It worked perfectly and the most important, WE ENJOYED IT A LOT! Plase bring it back soon! We wwwant keep playing it!

Fast bg queues = fun, queue with friends, motivated to gear up for arena pvp
Slow bg queues = chore, consider quitting, definitely not wanting to gear up next season

3 Likes

Highly approve of this change. This makes or breaks the game for me. BGs are my favourite part of the game and this change allows me to do them with the little time I have to play.

Without it, I will have to reconsider playing the game. Not to be a baby and do the “waaaahhh me quit!” thing but yeah.

Awesome change! Being able to do 1-2 quick bg’s before work is such a nice feeling.
The bg’s itself also became much more enjoyable, there’s less stress and toxicity when you lose because people didn’t have to wait an hour for the game. You lose and you get to play the next game instantly so there is no need to rant about it in the bg chat.

2 Likes

This fix is the most amazing thing ever. I cant understand how ANYONE can complain. For example, we’re playing on an alliance dominated server and all we do between 1h quees is to constantly gank any alliance farming in open world for primals etc. We could finally enjoy the game the last 4 days which was AMAZING. #somechanges

1 Like

Fast BG’s best change ever. Please bring them back today!

1 Like

Give horde their same faction queues, give alliance double honor.

Everyone’s happy.

2 Likes

This change was much needed.
BGs and Arena is what brought me back to play classic TBC - not to be waiting an hour in BG ques to obtain 200 honor (at best) so that I after an unreasonable amount of time (weeks) can obtain a single piece of PvP gear. This would directly cause a downwards spiral where any PvP related content favors alliance players as they would be fully pvp geared while hordes are left with a few pieces.

That being said, I fully understand the players who appreciate and enjoy the lore and role-playing aspects of the game, and I would, for that reason, be in favor of making same-faction BGs an optional and individual decision for each character. I still believe the BG ques would get fixed as I am certain the majority, by far, would select the same-faction BG option - most people don’t enjoy wasting time to this extent.

1 Like

Grow up for god’s sake. It’s a video game that we are all paying 12 euros a month for and if a big part of the community is not able to enjoy their GAME, blizzard will have to provide a fix.
This is not a parent-child relationship, it’s a VIDEO GAME. Grow up!

4 Likes

You realise the alliance honor grind is as slow, if not slower, than hordes right? There’s like a 5% win ratio.

1 Like

So it’s a video game and this dude needs to grow up, yet horde players have been posting for a week now with absolutely obscene, childish behaviour towards those who are worried (and rightly so) about their communities playing experience.

Have you gone through their threads and told them to grow up too? Im assuming as this is a video game you’re impartial to childish bias?

3 Likes