Forum Links

Week ago I was able to post links. No more. What gives? There is no information. No message received.

An old thread talk about trust system, this is very unclear. And appear like you need extreme activity on forums to gain trust level. I would say my activity is already plenty.

The worst is no information. Rights have been revoked. No idea why. No idea on duration or if permanent.

How does it work? If account is flagged where is the information? This is a soft shadowban. I can’t even write battlenet with a dot.

1 Like

Everyone should reach trust level 2 very easily. TL2 allows posting links from trusted sites. TL3 essentially allows more freedom with links and can post gifs.

If you really need to post a link you can just paste in the url, highlight it and use the </> button. The link will end up looking like this:-

www.test.com

2 Likes

This is really weird. What wiki is it that’s mentioned? Is there a wiki that’s safe to enter battlenet account into?

• Enter 20 Topics
  • Read 100 Posts
  • Spend a Total of 1 Hour reading Posts
  • Visit the Forums on 15 Days
    (not necessarily sequentially)
  • Like a Post
  • Receive a Like
  • Reply to 3 different Topics

Still though. Why did I have the rights to post links in the first place?

What is the increased like count?

Also it doesn’t say anything about trust level. Just “member”.

1 Like

The left column is the requirements and the right one details what each one unlocks.

“member” means you’re TL2, TL3 appears as “regular”.

OK yeah I confused the requirements and the unlocks there as I already meet the requirement for level 2, but still cannot even write battlenet with a dot. So what is wrong?

Testing:

https://live.staticflickr.com/2343/2538525441_aa5310dbbe.jpg

Suppose it somewhat work. Err, no. The link don’t even work lol. The ability for embedded pictures/video is not active.

“Sorry, you can’t include links in your post”

is the error message

This is conflicting information. I can even see the embedded link content in preview when editing post.

Would be much preferred that the answers come here over having to make new thread asking same questions.

All I really wanna know is if the shadowban is permanent or what it’s duration is.

Punyelf do you have an explanation? Or if you don’t who do?

i’m unable to post imgur links
is imgur not trusted ?

Unfortunately, it isn’t in Blizzard’s eyes, nor is Imgur.

Oddly enough, even Wowhead doesn’t seem safe enough for them to allow for posting for members. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

Anyways OP, while TL2 is permanent, you can lose TL3 even to inactivity, let alone bad behavior. The system just doesn’t work well imo, and the only way to be a permanent TL3 is by getting a beta inv to a new expansion.

Afenton did mention however, that she didn’t get it with DF’s beta which is just odd.

I got a message a week ago telling me I got a trust level promotion, wanted to post a link earlier today, didn’t work because apparently I don’t have the permission, guess I already lost my trust level because I didn’t post in a week.

Edit: nevermind “Don’t be currently suspended in any Blizzard Game or Forum”, I’m permabanned in OW.

1 Like

This is just getting weirder.

I’m not going to aim for a TL3 just to see if I can post links, when I cannot even post battle dot net at TL2.

I proclaim the system false and strong light should be shed on it.

2 Likes

Leftist policies, pre-emptive damage control.
Ban everyone from posting images, because of a few rotten eggs.
EVEN IF nobody has done so yet. Just in case.

A real sigma grindset male company would just let everyone post images.
If they are against the rule, remove it with a reason.
1 day ban on each violation with a explanation why.
But no, can’t have common sense anymore…

2 Likes

Wish we could run a script and see how many at TL2 “member” are actually able to post links. Though not quite accurate as forum is not represented by the people and not many are trying to post links. These shadow policies have surely continually been sending people away from here for years. Not many left as is also seen in game.

Clearly there are a lot of privileged people. And clearly there are a lot of people that are excluded from being an equal part of the community.

I was enjoying a debate with the LGBT community the other day, everything was well within COC. Just gonna have to guess something as innocent as the two words “june brigade” is enough to revoke rights to be an equal member of the community.

IDK what fascists run this forum, but it needs to stop.

And where do we send our complaints?

2 Likes

The only way would be to donate some money in a twitch stream so a big streamer talks about it, someone makes a clip and upload it on YouTube, becomes some decent views.
But I doubt a big streamer would understand that problem.
So I guess there is no way that your complaints get even read.

Welcome to the world of warcraft that you play.

1 Like

What makes this leftist policies?

2 Likes

uff… ive lost TL3 after a 24hours ban… its reaaaaaaaaaaally annoyin…

1 Like

Oh here we go again… You know that the one’s, who “didn’t promote” other ethnicies to a higher status of human being due to their skin colour or being Jewish are far right, aye?

Don’t bring politics to games they say

And who’s actually doing it…

Not aimed at Åza, just to clarify that.

In this particular case the person who brought politics into it was Sneakyhooves.

Assume that message was meant for me. Care to give an example?

My apologies, I had your post confused with one that Sneaky hooves posted complaining about the inability to post images being a leftist policy. I shall edit my post accordingly.

However, as for shadow policies, which you did mention, the forums only changed to this format in 2018, a long time after the game itself started it’s decline.

If you truly feel like your account is being unfairly treated there should be the option available to flag it but as far as I am aware everyone is treated equally.

Not few that keep their cards close to the chest here.