FPS Drops 3060 TI

Hello,

CPU: i5 10400F
GPU: 3060 TI
RAM: 16 GB 3k Mhz

In open world Im getting 120-140 fps at full hd settings with max graphic. Somehow in combats like open world bosses or raid boss encounters getting around 30-40 fps with 30%-40% usage and also temps are belows 50. My graphic settings are maximized but i also tried every possible setting even lowest ones still the same result neither fps decreasing or increasing. Also tried direct x versions ( 11-12 - 11 legacy) and vysnc off still no improvement. Tried to turn off all the addons but not helped at all. Another issue is my game is freezing around 1 fps when i login into game everytime. Disabling addons and deleting them also didn’t effect the issue still having the same results. Recently did full reboot of my computer everything is fresh installed. Still didn’t fix.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Blizzard is aware but does nothing since DF prepatch.

3 Likes

u can try minimum specs the behaviour will be the same. The stutter you experience is a problem since 10.0 the insane thing they didnt fixed them yet :expressionless:

2 Likes

Blizzard are apparently aware of this issue (according to the US Forums) but there is no fix or ETA for a fix. All the usual suggestions like disabling addons or an interface reset won’t work.

You can see more details on this thread here:

1 Like

30-40 FPS in a 20-30man heroic or mythic raid with addons enabled is pretty much the FPS expected from the 10400F.
Only thing you can is upgrade to a 12 or 13K if you want to stay Intel.
Turning down the settings in a raid does nothing if you are cpu-limited, except in an outdoors raid or dungeon (view distance and LOD).

if you read the title and then the message its about the “drops” i would literally play at quality 1 and lowest settings and fps locked to 30 if it would solve the stutter/drops …

Taking out of context word “fps” when he clearly describes drops stutter helps with nothing

1 Like

Makes me wonder if you’re the EU version of Pawgwalker.

You are not reading as you suppose to read. Told that both gpu and cpu usages in combat are not even close to 50%. This means even in ultra settings im not getting bottleneck because of my cpu. Also people are using 10400f with 3080s so please go check the bottleneck issues and come back with knowledge not like this. On the other hand problem is not about cpu problem that we were talking about is fps drops…

I did read what you wrote…

This has nothing to to with the DF patch stuttering issue.
It is literally low fps in demanding situations.
What is there even to argue about?
Also again, just because your CPU has 700 cores doesn’t mean WoW’s ancient engine is even able to make use of more than 1 main thread and some offloaded stuff to other cores like audio.
The combatlog and addons and the game logic is running on one and the same cpu thread which severly limits and bottlenecks your GPU and causes low FPS in situations with many players/npcs and even drawcalls (like view distance and lod).

Believe it or not, your CPU is bottlenecking you in a raid/m+/worldboss/valdrakken…
This is where the extra cache of the 5800X3D comes in play, it literally doubled my FPS in WoW upgrading from my Ryzen 3900X.

Here is something you should check out, might convince you:

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/World-of-Warcraft-Dragonflight-Spiel-73654/Specials/WoW-Dragonflight-Benchmarks-Anforderungen-1408516/2/

Look at the CPU “benchmark”, this is open world on max settings with a 4090.
Your 10400F is about the same as a 3600/3900 Ryzen.
Now for raids you can expect maybe half the FPS in demanding situations.
Tell me again your CPU is not bottlenecking you.

Same, intel i5 10400f 3050rtx , and 30-50 fps valdraken

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.