Free Character transfer taking a long time

Hi i was just wondering if anyone is having problems with there free character transfer? its been 9 hours now for something that usually happens instantly has there been any problems reported with this service ?

Tons of players transferring at once

Transferring from Draenor to Stormscale and the time says 1 day 7 hours… o.O

I’m having the same issue, Draenor to Stormscale. At first it said 7 hours, then 3 hours, then 1 day 12 hours. I just hope it goes through, but at this point i’m apprehensive to even login in fear of ruining the process…

This is from the original announcement. The service is probably overloaded.

me and a few friends started the transfer and was given a 1day 23hr wait time, after waiting all the time it started to show an extra days worth of time had been added on to the estimate. one of my mates got a paid for transfer between the same two realms and it was within the hour.

it’s bad enough blizzard can’t manage full server on it’s own with the resources they have and it’s poor to offer a character transfer as a cop out but then to make people wait stupid amount of time for their poor solution is stupid, especially at the launch of an expansion. i understand that the system is overloaded but i bet you any money (just like with the servers) they have the resources to speed this up

hell they could have even given you an estimate BEFORE starting the process to avoid locking your character into this ridiculous system