Free server transfer

Isnt that from high pop to low though? They will probably not give free from low to high pop as long as they can make money out of ppl transfering off dead servers.

4 Likes

Correct. #10chars

The low pops are a big issue though…they should do something about it if they do something about the Classic players having issues with queue…

Yeah that i think we can all agree on. I think they think they’ve «solved» it with cross-realm grouping and sharding and communities, but that doesnt really help for those that wants to do mythic raiding.

2 Likes

Or sell things on ah or join a chatty guild x.x. Have not found a single active community either these days. Just when they were new

1 Like

U’re horde so cant help u there, but if u play on alliance side u can join scared of dungeons. Usually alot of chatter going on there during prime time at least :blush:

Edit to add link: (Alliance) Scared of Dungeons EU EN

2 Likes

I do play alliance also and will definitely check them out. Thank you!

1 Like

I wish they would connect a few more low pop realms. I don´t want to transfer, I have played on my realm since I started in 2006 and have friends here. but it is quite frustrating at times. We seem to be sharded with players from Bronzebeard/Aerie Peak mostly, so why not connect them to us for example?

1 Like

My server is so empty I don’t even get a queue when new expansions hit :rofl:

They need to do something about that. And preferably something that doesnt involve me losing my name :sweat_smile: Or having to pay them…

3 Likes

With crossrealm introduced its now no needed to transfer away. Ofc dead server economy is not good on a long term, so you forced to pay a transfer.

They could merge the servers and then show your name + your old server. Or add surnames

Well for raiding guilds, it´s really hard to find new members on a low pop realm. And if you find some, half of them transfer to Silvermoon or Draenor eventually, the rest usually goes on a break 3 weeks after new raid comes out and you are left with like 5 active raiders…

1 Like

True story. Also funny when u join a new guild (not every) and 80% are dps wh*re and backstabing others whenever they can… ( and u paid tons of money if you did transfer or faction change)

I had a quite amount of history with a few guilds…

I believe so yes. I have never heard of a free transfer off a low pop. There is no precedent at all for Blizzard deciding to encourage closure of a server. They will shard them, merge them - but not offer transfers.

Sadly until guilds and the AH are x-realm (which basically means forgetting about realms entirely), I can’t imagine it ever happening.

Removing the realm restrictions on guilds, AH and even mailing would do away with this issue. There would still be a lot of low pop realms in the realm list, but it wouldn’t matter under that changed scenario.

One thing I have noticed coming into use is… the community feature. People are using that to form cross realm “guilds” who go into raids together.

Kek, like Blizz would give up on that income. If they wanted to fix this issue they would already. They have statistics and graphic charts of income stuff. I’m sure in-game store and transfer related things are at least %15-20 of their income from WoW. This is how things work in game industry nowadays and of course for Blizzard Activision as well.

The rise of communitites should be a clear signal to the devs that there is huge demand for x-realm. A lot of people are raiding with their community, despite losing out on some guild achieves. Many would probably love to do mythic raiding - but can’t, because their particular realm doesn’t have enough active guilds.

The number of people who give two toots in a hurricane about realm leader boards and guild rankings is likely far behind the number of people who would just like to raid with friends without paying transfer fees in addition. Not to mention it’s nice to be part of multiple communities. Imagine the power of having all your alts on one server, but one of them is in a casual sunday community, and another is hardcore wednesdays, and nobody else is on your realm - but it doesn’t matter!

2 Likes

Retail also had FCM when servers were over populated and had queues to log in. It has been a considerable amount of time since there was any need for that in Retail.

Classic has FCM to move people to less busy servers. It’s not special treatment. there is just no need in Retail for this service atm.

There is a need to help players on low pop servers though.

1 Like