Game Data API - WoW Classic [Achievement API]

Hi there

Retail WoW has the Achievement API: https://develop.battle.net/documentation/world-of-warcraft/game-data-apis

However Classic doesn’t, whilst having Achievements introduced. Will we get the Achievement API added to the Game Data API for this Expansion?

Anyone has some light to shine on this?

Yes. Blizz told the Ironman crew: No API for Classic will come.

1 Like

Wow, that’s pretty brutal. Did they gave also any reasoning for this?

If they did , I do no know it. Was a message on Ironmanprobards. IronMan Challenge use API to test for gear, potion and so. No API is reason why IronMan almost dies out in Classic.

1 Like

Well, there is API in Classic, not all Game API is available.

1 Like

I’m not into technical part of it. I just play :wink: But IMC leaders say they could not look for deaths for instance. The first IronMan had to persuade GM look for him. And I think tey can’t be bothered always do for players. Is maybe still in forums.

Is here: Nice Tizaksul looked for him. Would not have be becessary with API fully working. FOr Dragonsflight it works, and leaderboard still up for IMC.
[World First] Iron Man on WoW Classic - #71 by Ironphelecar-mirage-raceway

1 Like

In an interview with Method Twitch Channel on the release of Wrath of The Lich King Classic; The WoW Classic Lead developer (who left a few months ago) said that they have not added API access and official leaderboards/statistics websites and such to Classic because they think that will result in more gatekeeping, An example the Lead Dev gave was that people would ask you to “link your armory” instead of checking you ingame.

Obviously a bullsh-t PR response, Since people already gatekeep the hell out of content with GS; WCLogs Parses and Gold amounts.
They’re just cutting corners to save costs, But they don’t want to admit it, Same with Cross realm dungeons.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.