Game Freeze after 8.3.7

It’s been 24h and we got no respons from Blizz, hope this won’t take them 2 months to solve like last time .
Especially that we’re facing exactly the SAME issue here

Ever since a few months ago, my game has ‘ability’ lag as I like to put it, it feels like stuff activates about a second after I’ve pressed the button, not too much of an issue, I’ve dealt with it.

Suddenly my game starts stuttering every now and then, a solid freeze for about half a second, but occuring too often, I updated my GPU to latest version, issue persisted, I downgraded again because it came with some weird colour difference.

Reading about all these people having crashes makes me worried I’ll probably not be able to run shadowlands at all at this rate.

Every time you roll out a 300mb or 90mb patch, half the playerbase loses the ability to play the game, test your stuff please.

I have this same issue, I already tried trick changing to directX 11 and directX11 Legacy, I already update to the latest version of my driver, Its easy determinate the issue is bounded to the lanch of the last patch, due this issues was absent with current verison of my driver, also with the previous one.

Having the exact same problem as everyone has stated above.

Nothing has changed except the new WOW patch, for me changing to dx11 legacy makes such an insane difference in performance it’s not worth it. Going from crisp 100fps to 20-30 at best with dx11 legacy enabled.

Using the latest drivers fixed nothing.

Was on an out-dated driver before the patch (no issues). Updated my drivers after the patch when I started having issues and it didn’t help.

Blizzard please don’t just ignore this as the problem clearly doesn’t lie on the users end.

GTX 970 latest drivers, (also tried older) issue started few days ago with some recent patch. ALL other games runs fine, only this is crashing nvidia driver - Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
Game freezes randomly for few seconds, or PC reboots even…= what a joke
CAN YOU FIX THIS BLIZZARD WE CANT PLAY WHAT WE PAYED FOR

3 Likes

Same for me… I also got the mouse bug and I thought my RAM or PC is broken. Seems a few more ppl got some probs with 8.3.7

same here, game freezes every minute or so for like 10 seconds, and sometimes crashes with a message: unable to start 3d acceleration. I’m playing on a laptop with amd gpu and latest drivers. All this started with wednesday’s patch.

looks like I fixed the issue by running it on dx12, was on dx11 do not why/ for how long.

Many people don’t have GPU’s that have full dx12 compatibility, thus not having the option to use dx12.

This problem happened back at the launch of 8.3

Doesn’t matter which 1 is it for me DX11 or DX12, same sh** all over again.
Only DX11 Legacy temporarly fix the problem, which shouldn’t even occure at this point , since it already happened 4 months ago and got fixed at some point …
Got no words…

Alright, I’ve reset the interface folders, I’ve disabled all my addons, I have updated my graphic drivers, I have swapped to Directx11 Legacy and I have repaired the game. Still freezes. Can we just acknowledge that this is not a user problem but is the same crap that happened 6 months ago at 8.3 launch?

3 Likes

i have a gtx 980 ti it only freezes for me like 5 secs updated my grafic drives 2 days ago keeps freezing but lucky no errors or crashes.

Anyone else have mouse delay since hotfix? I tried the /console rawMouseEnable 0 fix but it makes no difference.

When will it be fixed because this is starting to get annoying. I never had this issue before, only since the latest patch. And everything is up to date

2 Likes

Game FPS seems to be dropping a lot for me on an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X and an AMD Radeon 5700XT. Usually the game plays at 18FPS for no obvious reason at all. I tried getting rid of all my addons, I thought i pinpointed it down to RIO but I got the same issue after restarting the game. I get none of that on my DK but I get it sometimes on my rogue.
FYI this issue made me think there was a problem with my PC and I reinstalled Windows 10 :smiley:

im running a 2080ti and 10900k, and these game freezeing and glitching like none other. could almost seem like the gpu is dying but that is not the case here. every other games works well, so be calm people. hopefully blizz will fix this on wensday reset.

1 Like

It’s so f*** annoying that they haven’t fixed it yet, even tho it’s the exact same problem we had 4 months ago
Really blizz knows how to screw someone’s game time, especially now, when we have such a great week for m+ pushing … GG
I’m really considering not getting back for Shadowlands if that’s how it’s gonna be every patch.

1 Like

Same issue here. Still not solved … ? Everything is up to date.
Thanks.

There is still no fix I see.

1 Like

well, guess it’s time to freeze our subs , see no point in playing a broken game, especially when there’s nothing to do at that point (no more m+ pushing weeks) and once pre-patch hits, the corruption system will be gone …
take care guys