Gear is Far too Important Now

I understand the reason for gear scaling in BGs being removed, however, this has created a situation where It’s no matter the skill of the player that counts, and instead their ilvl is the most important thing.

Bring back gear scaling in instanced PvP. It’s the lesser of two evils as it’s significantly more preferable than having no scaling where ilvl is the only thing that matters.

20 Likes

kekw 1char

Not so far ago the whole PvP communtiy accompanied by standing applause and Rextroy youtube video any scaling and remains of equality. Kekw

1 Like

I don’t think that is the best solution at all, it is important ro have a sense of progression and feel powerful.

The problem is the huge discrepency already 2 months into the expansion.

The difference between someone fully 60 geared (around 160/170ilvl) and someone really “geared” (210 to 230ilvl) is way too big.

Having 22 or 23k hp vs having 37 or 39k hp and the damage that comes with it.

Add to that all the cc and burst damaga of thos expansion and you just get 2-shoted by a button spamming player.

Also means you will have a terrible time finding groups for whatever.

Was really that terrible if the difference was only 10 or 20 ilvls?? Why does it have to be 50??

8 Likes

PvP community wanted old PvP gear system back.
Where we had 3 tiers of gear

• Tier 0 - crafted gear, that had cap of PvP power/res on it and low amount of other stats, was good choice for begginer PvPer.
  • Tier 1 - honor gear, had PvP cap of PvP power/res on it and good amount of non pvp stats, that gear could carry you for long period of time
  • Tier 2 - Conquest gear, of PvP power/res on it, great amount of non pvp stats.

And it was linear progression where having honor gear you could do most of PvP content without worrying that you was outgeared.
But thing is, old PvP gear system was backed up by good old Class design, where we having “meta” didn’t had that amount of weak or outright useless classes, as we have now.

16 Likes

This! Best stats and slightly better ilvl on best gear.

1 Like

Yeh it’s ridiculous.

Gear disparity just makes any skill you think you’ve acquired, meaningless.

7 Likes

There are other ways to do scaling than that failed system. Thinking that’s the only alternative way is a lack of imagination and evidence of binary thinking.

A player I met recently has an experience where an alt had 21k HP and was kicked by a Monk for 22k damage.

And I’m fine with the gear being the real ilvl out in the world, inside instanced PvP the gear should scale based on the MMR of the team instead of people being able to game it relentlessly by having a few carries with low rating while you have a few carriers with high rating and the gear that comes with it.

2 Likes

The main cause of the gear discrepancy issue is the existance of Mythic + Dungeons and its design. The Mythic + design means that you need to have an ever increasing item level with every level of mythic + (mythic 7 needs to give more ilevel than a mythic 6), which is why the gear discrepancy in this game got worse with the introduction of Mythics.

Essentially, because of the existance of Mythic dungeons the game requires a higher gear ilevel for high-end content, thus creating a huge discrepancy between different sets of gear. In the past you would have had Normal dungeon gear, Heroic dungeon gear, Normal raiding gear and Heroic raiding gear (with mythic raiding gear being introduced later on).

4 Likes

Mb they just don’t care. There was a good way to equal players and don’t separate PvP and PvE - Templates. Fixes and tuning was ever week/two, but it was mass hated by almots all community. Now enjoy what u deserve. Play ranked, gear up and stop cry.

As I said, I’ve no problem with gear having high ilvl outside of instanced PvP in order to be viable. I have a problem with the massive difference inside instanced PvP. It’s also given rise to a profitable carry industry by working the way it does.

If the gear you wore were scaled down to the MMR of the team you were on then the carry industry would die. Right now a player with 2.2k CR can join a player with 0 CR and their MMR is at least halved so they’ll fight players that are vastly undergeared compared to the 2.2k player. If the gear of the 2.2k player was scaled down giving the stats implied by the MMR of the team they would most likely be squished by the other team as it’s effectively 2v1.

2 Likes

There is, I do, and saying that I’m crying is just you making yourself seem superior to me, which is a Conservative belief of hierarchies of wroth.

If the gear you wore into PvP was scaled down to the MMR of your group in instanced PvP it would only affect that environment and have no effect on any other sort of content.

For example, if a team had an MMR of 1400 and a player with a CR of 2.2k then the 2.2k player’s gear would give the stats as if it was only CR 1400. So they’d get Challenger gear instead of whatever they were wearing. It would utterly destroy the profitable carrying industry.

I don’t care. The first things people complaint is gear, second is other players specs. Second reason never ends.

P.S. I even can add something, people complaint about gear right before they get this gear. There was a tones of examples about 8.3 and corruption, when people who don’t get the right corruption or under way to get it think this is discusting and should be deleted. But when they get it and starting to dominate cuz of corruption they changed their mind and start to defend it.
Same IRL, people complaint about rich people, but when they become rich. They come back and say - looser, work harder. This is psyhology and called egoism. People want only better conditions for themself only. But when they get highter rating they will comeback here and say - i don’t feel rewarded. Why i’m on the same level as this 1500 scrub.

No, I never want to see any sort of scaling in PvP again in my lifetime. The gap between gear lvls is too wide though.

Yet you cared enough to post and I never complained about specs. The only one that did that was you saying that I did. And even when I get the gear to compete with them I’ll keep complaining about gear as I’ve empathy with others which you clearly lack since you so easily can dismiss it as only being a problem until they no longer experience a problem.

Your cynicism is far from understanding, it’s just cynicism. Rick Sanchez is far from an aspiration, he’s an aberration that would be unable to function in modern society.

All your comment shows is that you think that a complete lack of empathy with other people is the norm, which is shown by objective reality to be wrong by the existence of people advocating for other people’s lives improving despite them being unaffected by whatever ails them.

It can only be solved with an MMR scaling else the solution would be to keep them of lower ilvl than comparative PvE gear and then people would, rightfully so, complain that PvE gear was better in PvP and that they were feeling forced to farm PvE in order to be competitive in PvP.

Without MMR scaling you’ll have two poisons to choose from. You’ll either have too wide an ilvl issue or you’ll have PvE gear being better than PvP gear in PvP. It’s binary as adding a separate stat, like PvP Power, would still result in the last issue as Blizzard wants PvE gear to be viable in PvP in case people who engage in PvE to engage in PvP.

MMR scaling of gear would also kill the carry industry in PvP and solve the matchmaking issue of a low MMR team being placed against a high MMR team because there’s nothing else to match them with in the moment.

1 Like

I faced a lot 225+ geared people who carry others in RBG while i am 211. Don’t care.

Yet you feel that you specifically have to say this, which is showing that you do care. A funny quirck about “not” and forms thereof, is that while we use them all the time were unable to subconsciously interpret them. So while you say, “I don’t care” all your brain hears subconsciously is “I care.” What humans say is an action and all their actions are ruled by our subconsciousness and then our consciousness explains them in a way that makes sense to us.

So while I think you consciously think what you say is correct, I also know what you subconsciously think the opposite.

1 Like

Imo they should just reduce ilvl bloat and multiple pve difficulties that cause it.

Its a videogame, if u can’t enjoy don’t play it. My only wish and what i really do care - is yolo q(not wasting time) and DK need to be more tanky, coz squishy TC is not fun to play. Idk what are u talking about.

That’s honest at least. And would you know the intricate stuff that someone with education outside your field talked about?

The problem would still exist just in a different form as the cause has never really be resolved.