Gelbin is back !

Yeah, can’t have been easy, and to be honest, if any race is likely to have hard to remember names, it is going to be Elves, he should have just done what a lot of us on the forums do and went “El-tee-tee” :smiley: I mean in fairness the dude has had far too much exposure to be regarded as ‘Obscure’. I mean, what TBC, fairly involved there, WotLK, the whole Quel’dalar thing, Cata, ehh, yeah, no exposure, MoP was his golden hour, not only the whole Purge thing where he flips a bench (Seen the size of those Silvermoon benches? The guy must be able to benchpress a Kodo!), then the Isle of Thunder stuff, then being one of the prime drivers in the SoO raid. WoD, ehh, not up to much, but then who -was-? Legion, not so much, and now BfA the whole Naz’jatar thing.

Dude has actually got a lot more screen time than many racial leaders.

Oh yeah, you’re right on that. It is massively overused…Generally by folks who just treat content as an inconvenience and race to max level, instead of actually playing through all the content on offer. I have legitimately had a discussion with someone who didn’t even know what the Isle of Thunder was, so therefore thought LTT had done nothing, I was like “What? Horridon, Lei-Shen? All that stuff? Even that horrible deadly set of snails?” “Well, I only really level by doing Dungeons and Raids, I didn’t play the content, so what did he do then?”

“He’s the reason you could get to do that Raid…”

Gah!

1 Like

Over used outside the RP community then?
Tbh with so much that you can do in Wow these days I think it’s understandable not everyone delves into all the lore.

I love it and yet still haven’t had time to follow everything or read back on everything (only started playing at start of WoD)

1 Like

Wasn’t it because of this video?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pX5KI_5JhFQ

Or did it come after the interview you mentioned?

It was a fan made machinima that had several characters asked who the Blood elf leader was, and they all unanimously called him Bob (Gallywix called him Bobby).
Wow Cataclysm Millionaire or something like that.

This is hilarious although I cannot blame him. Elven names are usually wierd to pronounce.

You mean " el tity?"

Sorry couldn’t resist.

3 Likes

I so nearly typed that also, but restrained myself!

Seems like the name some particularly obese Mexican gang member in some cheap popcorn movie, would label himself as.

“Ey, my friend, you know in this prison, El Tity is the boss, right, he once took out a tower block full of people with a rocket launcher just because the guy on the fifth floor once said something about his sister. You don’t go to Cell Block E without his say-so, even the prison guards know this, and don’t go there. If you go to the shower blocks and are taking a wee, and he comes in next to you, you don’t look at him, you do your business and leave, if the pair of you go to wash your hands at the same sink afterwards, you step back and let him go first, swallow pride, El Tity is the Boss of Bosses, Ain’t nobody messes with El Tity…

No clue what came first, to be honest. I can’t recall.

Gelbin is much more forgettable. He is even forgotten in his own threads… :cry:

Like, honestly. Do you really want him to have any more spotlight as of now? With the current story/writers?.

He is tony stark now, has been promoted king (not a fan, but whatever), and is somehow true to his character with peeks here and there in a more supporting role.
There are races that would kill to have their role reduced to that instead of what they actually had.

It took him 2 patches to return. Nice.
I was hoping similar case would be with Vol’Jin until devs decided to actually kill him off and leave race leaderless for over one expansion. And only to show him as ghosts which is in fact plot device for next big baddie and nothing meaningful.

Gz gnomes.

3 Likes

And we still don’t know who told him to make Sylvanas warchief. And that was 3 years ago

3 Likes

It was me, we were bored in the ship hold during the retreat, so we decided to send dumb messages to Vol’jin’s phone. I am so sorry.

2 Likes

You know I don’t.

He’s back just like Roboute Guilliman and now he will lead gnomish crusade! Oh wait that’s another franchise.

I feel robbed.

No Jaina
No Gnomeking
No…nothing

I feel like I’m owed something here. Hmmm.
Eyes Tyrande

1 Like

Ima break your glasses arcane munching witch !

2 Likes

Yeah go ahead Queen of the Ashes I won’t need em after I race change to Vulpe-I mean…

Help, help! This Night Elf is intimidating me and hurling racial slurs :frowning:

Leave her be. she will punish herself enough during race change.