Genuine question to vets/noobs?

So I’ve been playing a few months now, levelled slowly to 120 and enjoyed previous expansions but now thanks to a change in work hours I can play wow more regularly. Recently hit 120 and been doing the usual end game stuff…warfronts/lfr/wq’s etc etc.

But now I feel like I want to take the next step and start raiding properly, pushing mythic+ keys etc and really sink my teeth into what this game has to offer.

So my question is…how do I do this? I’ve scouted around here and reddit etc and I like my guild, people are friendly and chat about stuff but theres no raiding/mythic dungeons going on. I’ve seen no adverts for people on my realm looking for new recruits and I feel like I’ve hit a wall in what I can accomplish :frowning: any help from the community?

about mythic+ you can join calm keystones community and just say you’re new and you’d love to get into Mythic plus and you’ll get a lot of help.

about the raid, you’d need a join. just join a guild that progresses heroic - you’ll learn how normal raid works, then you’ll get into HC and improve and eventually you may or may want to go mythic.

3 Likes

I was gonna suggest that!!!

Raiding has a few avenues, you could try the pug route first see what happens may take a few attempts and a fair few hours just to get in.
While you look for a raiding guild that suits you.

I would recommend a nice guild for such things…

Pugging random is difficult to get into and also requires a lot of patience. You will most likely spend more time waiting around in raids for leavers to be replaced than fighting actual bosses.

Join Calm Keystones, as Bukachu said

Also join Scared of Dungeons

and Fail Train, who aim to do a beginners’ raid at least once a week

Don’t expect 24/7 groups from any of them, but ask around, and people should point you in the right direction. :slight_smile:

Longer term, I think you probably will be better off looking for a guild, but this might get you into the culture.

3 Likes

This might be scary but if your guild don’t raid and you could come up with that initiative. Just ask your guildmates if they would be interested in raiding. Maybe you could find some people that would be interested in raiding but were just afraid to ask about it.

1 Like

Pushing mythics +? do you have previous rio > No? then wait for next expansion.

Not everyone cares about that website you know. :wink: There are still some decent people in the game.

there are lots of people in this situation, they don’t like to abandon their friendly guild so they leave their alts in and move their main to a more raid orientated guild…you don’t have to abandon people just because you want to progress…:slight_smile:

…Lohsa…veteran AND noob…:smiley:

…ugh…spend more time editing my crappy typing than anything else…:stuck_out_tongue:

This is only when pugs are concerned. In an average raiding guild you should more than likely be able to hook up with a group without care of your experience in them.

Thanks for the suggestions and help guys it’s been very useful :slightly_smiling_face: I’m going to look into them this afternoon!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.