Getting fps drops all the time

so, before the 8.2.5 patch everything was fine. now i’m dropping 20-40 frames randomly and the game freezes for 1 sec. most of them are when i turn in quests but they happen when i open chests or just simply flying randomly. it’s really frustrating. is it on my end or it’s a game problem? is there anyone who doesn’t have this problem, and if yes, did you fix it somehow or it never was a problem?

8 Likes

same. i saw a red note from blizz about that. they are investigating it

1 Like

same, very upsetting

same :frowning: i try reapair but not work.

1 Like

I notest the same thing especially when handing quests in. I’m glad it’s not just me having this issue.

2 Likes

Same issue here.
From what I was able to find out, there is thread on the US forums and one of the blues confirmed devs are aware of the issue:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/lag-jittering-with-every-quest-hand-in-level-up/310664

Thank god I was so worried it was me, if its any help i found switching to direct x 11 helped in some cases.
I’ve also been having Flickering issues since I updated my nvidia driver, I had to install a previous version but before I rolled back the driver direct x 11 and having v sync on helped with that to.

Also has any one noticed loading times have increased to.

1 Like

This is the response from a blue over on the Technical Support section of the forum:

Reinstall doesn’t fix it

1 Like

I won’t try anything, it happened after the patch and they must fix it with a patch.

Don’t do that useless stuff like, “clear cache, remove wtf, disable addons”, those trash advices won’t work. Just wait for them to release a fix. Many people have similar problems right now.

3 Likes

I have this - it seems however only to be when I complete quests :thinking: Dunno how many time I rebooted both PC and Router lol

Same issue.
Freeze for about 1 sec from time to time .

( game reinstall wont do it , this looks like client issue

yesterday the problem was less invasive. but it remains. annoyin.

The game engine is showing its age ,thats all.

i dont think it’s the game engine. i mean, nobody had this problem before patch 8.2.5. They clearly messed with something they shouldn’t have, like they always do. I actually stopped playing because it’s breaking every mood i have and probably if i keep at it it will break my HDD also. And clearly moving it to ssd (didn’t try myself) doesn’t help since others have tried. I don’t see why this is something the user needs to try and fix like the blues said (reinstall, move to ssd, clear whatever caches etc) since it wasn’t a problem before. What worries me is that they still didn’t fix it in 2 days.

I reinstall windows, dosen’t fix it. :frowning:

SInce BFA hit ive been getting FPS drops as well. It’s gotten worse and worse with every patch…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.