Goldfarmers problem

So I reported many times a goldfarming team established in Desolace and ruining players possibility to raise money for their mount.

1. because those 3 bots are here and trust the spot.
  2. because you maybe killed a 1st row of bots, but a new wave just arrived in the later days.
    You act so slowly on counterstrike measures, I wonder if you take this part of your job seriously.

Back in the days, there was gamemasters.
If I heard well, you fired them all, for stock holders profit.

If people pay a service, they expect some quality of service in return.

2 Likes

Sooooo, can actions be taken or is it a pure loss to wait for something ? DIE FLÄSCHE IST GANZ VOLL.

Actually every report is looked into.

They are not advertising so they won’t be looked at for botting so won’t be banned.

It won’t.

Blizzard don’t ban accounts in “dribs and drabs”, that’d eat into their GM’s time.

Instead they perform “en-masse” bans, called banwaves, roughly once every 6 months.

Even then, they might not ban the accounts your’e complaining about, until they are 100% sure that they are indeed bots.

Thank you, other customers, for those answers. I see the official answer is silence.

So, during 6 months, they let those bots ruin real players experiences.

What I revealed is an activity worth 10.000g a week. 3 or 4 single words together on google and you find pages of google-referenced “services” on your realm. Oh yeah there might be players behind. Dudes that circlej3rk after lobsters 24/7 for weeks. And that are always at the duty when you /who z-desolace c-rogue
(and now even /who z-desolace c-druid ), and sort them by guild, bim you got them. You travel there and jump into water, swim a few and what you see, the 3 guys you were looking for, fishing lobsters.

It makes me hangry to experience the irony there, where an only solution would be to subscribe another account and raise an alliance character to see something really happen. But… I also saw that on other places, there is always some higher guy, he playing and geared, fully geared even, from the other faction, coming and taking care to protect the gathering of the little automated hands.

And what I hope is that the only counterstrike that the company will find, will NOT be to nerf the revenue given from that repeatable quest, like they did on numerous issues with some other Ultra-Farmed places.

1 Like

Hello Espritduvent,

Sorry we couldn’t get to your post sooner!

This is absolutely something we take very seriously, although in order to avoid tipping off the bad guys, can’t really say too much about publicly.

Your reports really do help make a difference though, even if you may not see results immediately. For more info check out Reporting Cheating in World of Warcraft

Thanks for taking the time to help combat this!

1 Like

So appart from writting nice words, could you send a guy to observe what’s happening there on my realm Zandalar Tribe, underwater in Desolace. EACH DAY it’s plaggued by those bots. Continue to write whatever your marketing director recommend you to write, it’s useless and total at the moment, and this guy above your head at the office is doing WRONG and is a clown.

Hi.

So I was very much in your shoes a while back, getting frustrated by apparent inaction about bots.
But then someone explained to me that the reason it might take a while is because they want to find out exactly what program the botters are using, and find a way to detect and block it in the future.

If they would just ban those specific bots, they’d be back in a couple of days on different characters - ensuring that the program doesn’t work with the WoW client is a much better long-term alternative.
Yes, it sucks that these lowlife scum are disrupting the game for a while but there will always be people like that and personally I think it’s better to shut them down for a while rather than just delay them a couple of days.

1 Like

Spending 15 minutes watching all their datas and doing some instant kill would be much more effective for the sake of Fair Players.
Nostalrius volunteers were doing great at this task.

Back to Desolace situation: This quest was offering real players an opportunity to raise a few gold to achieve their mount’s goal.
Now it’s impossible to do this, since the area is overwhelmed by bots. They controls all the gatherings, they do it with all the gears dedicated to improve this tasks at its finests.
I reported them everyday for days.
I spent minutes landing a Shaman Far Sight on the “central” place where, in between all the lobsters boxes, they always swim back: It’s always the exact same position.
When the cleaning ? « A la Saint Glinglin » ?
Nothing is happening.

Will you do it the LAME way ? simply nerfing the quest to a 10c reward like you did in the past for other things?

Blizzard, I play your games since the first Warcraft, it was on a 486dx. Currently, you act as a complete ghost of what made old players like me buying your games. It was games made by nerds for nerds.
You stepped into a weird stance, giving not even the minimal daily support, to remove all the cheaters.
In the meantime, you are very fast for forums bans: A totally Useless task.
You raise HATRED.

Does not have any weight to the situation at hand at all. Simply un-needed information.

Blizzard breaks the bots instead of banning individual players. You don’t seem to want to understand the reasoning behind this, but seem to be here only to argue for your situation right now.

Just sit tight, right-click report, and let Blizzard do their job without your hyperbole.

1 Like

You are wrong, since it’s not giving any results, bot reporting is only a placebo to give the fair player a feeling he will be listened. Which is not.

This youtuber resumes well what I also spoted:
[Edited by Blizzard - Please do not name or shame, even in the form of videos]

It’s like only Blizzard didn’t saw it.

And let me Hyperbolize as I want. I’m not a ROBOT.

Yes, but they will anyway, only next time they will be on a new bot program so the cycle starts again for six months.

Naming and shaming of other players, including screenshots or videos where the names are clearly visible is against the forum rules.

Good Job Captain How To ISM.

No need to show up on a player help player support forum with that edgelord crap, leave it at reddit and behave here.

Naming and shaming is against the forum Code of Conduct. The only thing that you will earn from it is having your posting privileges revoked from you, and for a good reason.

Also, the OP has already been answered, so I believe there is nothing further to be gained from this discussion.

I think the 6 months ban waves are too long in between they need to do them every month or so. The longer the bots are in the game the more damage they do to the economy of the server, etc. Just because the bot is being payed for does not mean it has the right to be there too, at the end of the day the lack of bots been banned fast shows people that it’s ok to cheat as Blizzard don’t care that is what people will see and thus encourages people to bot or cheat as they know they can get away with it. But it’s not ok to bot or cheat.

I don’t understand your problem, you play your favorite game for which you have to pay monthly and buy a new add-on every two years. And in your favorite game you see a bot or a multi-boxer (not prohibited) what could be wrong? let that bot farm what are you, why do you need that gold? go take a walk or delete the game if you don’t like it, I’m happy with everything I see the bot (I don’t see) (WHERE THE GAME IS FROM MY COMPUTER, Blizzard return the money) (What money are you who at all)

This topic has been answered, and since it’s gone off course with Code of Conduct violations I’ve now locked it.