Goodbye for now (Updated)

I intended to take a break after reaching 2100 and I was 2085 but I had a boomy/frostmage/bmhunter Lobby and had 0-6, dropped back to 2015 or something.

I’ve decided to take a break right now as a warrior main. These casters play easy mode, we need like 15℅ damage buff to compensate what they do.

I don’t care if it is geluboomy or 10x gladiator lobby, these casters do not deserve and need Precog as baseline especially its haste buff, they are strong enough without it. I literally can’t interrupt Cyclone because it is faster cast than 1 gcd in other words instant.

I’ll come back 3-4 months later when they nerf these casters and when the ladder gets inflated, goodbye for now, I’ve had enough.

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2:

10 Likes

I’m afraid the only thing that’ll have changed after that time will be that casters have more haste

1 Like

But out of those 6 games, you played 2 with the boomie.
If it’s overpowered, he was supposed to go 6-0 and you to get at least 2 wins.

2 Likes

That’s the wrong approach. Out of those 6 games the boomy had to play with the only melee and was basically playing a 2v3. And op or not, even a boomy can’t solo against 2 other casters.

2 Likes

Try playing Death knight … its so weak

its impossible in PvP at the moment

and agree, im quiting jumping on to diablo 4 and will look at patch notes in another 4months

3 Likes

It’s just so weird, almost a month and no class changes, in the first season they were updating classes, changing abilities, numbers tuning every couple days, even the ret paladin overtuning was fixed within a week. But maybe they’ve already cashed in on DF sales and moved on to the next expac already

1 Like

thats just a ranged lobby as a warrior
a melee lobby as a caster feels the exact same

personally i decided to not play SS, it just tilts me to infinity.

3 Likes

same here… i just stopped queuing and im a main healer… but this season is awful af… on top the mmr system is 100% trash and healers got most of the time for a 3/3 0cr/0mmr
ggnothxbb

1 Like

Update :

https://prnt.sc/PtesEvYZeTn5

I took a few days break after creating this topic then 30 minutes ago reached my goal.

It is no coincidence I could reach duelist only after Arms buffs and some nerfs to classes like Boomy and Destro. We are still not top dog but single target damage feels better now.

I felt adrenaline rush and joy during my climb, 7-8 extremely competitive and enjoyable lobbies one after another, extremely close matches. At some point you start to feel like you are playing against ai, everyone is like raid boss, programmed to do right plays so it was enjoyable and fun, I’m saying this despite having 3-3 or 2-4 results multiple times.

Actually we even had a bot in our lobbies 5 times, enhancement shaman, as far as I know there was bot/hack/script for only Ele shamans, this enhance always did same moves whole night, a human must make some changes but this enhancement flawlessly always played same style. I don’t remember his name but I reported him and warned all other players about it, some didn’t take it seriously and thought I was crazy perhaps xD yea I know hard to believe but this is a gut feeling, that guy was a bot, no other player gave me such suspicions other than him.

I got hit by a Devoker for 300k in 1 second, luckily there are not so many of them, it might be a problem, specifically in lower ratings.

To sum up, happy ending but I wanted to tell you that higher rating lobbies with good players is much less frustrating even if you lose, I enjoyed WoW PvP after a long time tonight. Arena seems better / more playable after recent balance changes at least for me. Boomies are not as powerful as they were (S tier instead of S+).

One last thing, get the Shadowflame illusion while you can, it is imo the best one they have created throughout WoW PvP’s lifespan, don’t miss it.

1 Like

Well, melees right now are in a good spot. If we combine arms + fury specs together we get very high participation in solo shuffle as warriors. Only both DK specs and feral is underplayed. Rogues still have viable spec - sub which deals high burst at the moment.

1 Like

xD 10 characters

Damn time sure flies fast it feels like 4 months occured in just a week

3 Likes

Idk if you’re still going ahead with the break
But Well played and congrats on the goal being reached
Even better that it got you pumped and you enjoyed those games

Whatever your decision, I hope you enjoy your time mate

1 Like

Yea because they nerfed casters and buffed Arms on 7th June :smiley: People generally complain and say they don’t listen or read forums but I believe there is at least 1 person who reads this place amongst PvP team. My complaints were valid and partly solved with a balance patch, that is why I came back and also updated this thread.

We must complain when needed but also praise PvP team when they deserve / when they make good changes. Feedback should be 2 sided, not only complaints, positives and negatives.

I have 24 days left, time to farm some gold / fill weekly vault and LfR Sarkareth for Shadowflame dragon. I’ll play more casually for 3 weeks then come back for Elite as always.

Yes, now melees are in a better spot compared to past weeks casters are still better but at least it is playable now for us.

Ah about this, my 0-6 lobby was never easy defeats, I’m good at warrior, for example we forced all defensives from opponents each round, it was always close but we lost because my warrior was weaker than it should be, it was tuning problem not me problem. It is like having a bad car, it doesn’t matter how good of a driver you are, you can’t go fast if your car sucks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.