Guilds / Names (Taken)

That’s fair. In my head that would seem weird. As I think everyone wants millions and spectral tiger, and tier 3 items. But I do respect your point of view, and that you are also willing to change from GB to personal if they did make it. Makes you a good person in my book, not that it matters to you wether i think you’re good or bad lol.

Ignoring you samkelly, cba listening to your … screwed logic, or examples that makes no sense in the slightest.

How does it not make sense? There’s a limited number. You’re not using it. Some group of people want it and will use it. The only part that doesn’t make sense it I use my guild, which is metaphor doesn’t really acknowledge.

This amused me more than it probably should have lol. You’re quite right. Sticking with one flavour combination will always return a clash as it will have already been chosen by someone else. If a guild name has been taken then just be more inventive. There’s practically an infinite number of options in choosing a name rather than wanting to effectively steal someone’s idea for a guild name just because they thought of it first.

4 Likes

It only sounds weird to you because you describe your own “desires”. People are more different than you think. Those things on your wishlist are worthless to me, if gold is how I get them. Gold itself, is also worthless above necessary expenses.

2 Likes

A player has a guildname, and he is actively using it. Why shouldn’t he be allowed to keep it because you want it?
Just because he uses it for a different purpose than you would?

Who cares if there’s only one person in it, himself? He got the name and is using it (even if it is for a bankalt), then the guild is by definition active.

If all the “cool” guildnames are taken, then they were not unique and clever to begin with. The English vocabulary alone has about 250.000 words in it, surely those can be combined to come up with something that someone else already hasn’t taken?

And that’s only including English, which is not the only spoken or written language in the world.

2 Likes

the doom shriveners of calakatoff … there you go, a guild name
the petite dejeuners … a guild name for French gnomes
you aint seen us, right … all rogue guild name
shrivelled but mean … undead guild
I paid to be in this guild
coming for you
theres two stealthed rogues behind me
crass n crafty
the drilled n frilled guild
dkdpsdkdpsomgdkdps
cash for your ashes
you can have any of those, if you like.

the issue with your way of thinking is, that you don’t know, whether you need the items later or not… especially with rare items…
you say, that you should sell them now and buy them later, when you need it, but do you know, how much gold you will have in the future?
do you know, if it will be more expensive later?
do you know, whether it will still be on the auction house later?

these are some issues… when in doubt, keep it is my motto I only sell Items, I know I can refarm easily, but then again, these do not sell for a high prize or well

“Do you think you have the right”
“Do you think you are entitled”
“Blizzard have the right to”
“Blablablabla”

Fight me.

2 Likes

Its the morals people, morals. I don’t care about your little online, weird logic. Now think as a good person. A person with intregrity.

I know many people on wow are not good at social things, and secluded themselves in this world, but when people outside of that make threads, don’t polute them and keep saying the same things over and over, it doesn’t change the fact that you lack basic morals, and humanity, kindness. All because you can’t put things to good use.

It wont change that you keep coming up with redicilous excuses. Any normal sane person would see the benefit of people being able to enjoy a name over one guy not using it to nothing but banking, or memories. I mean its not that hard to understand.

Blizzard should change it, and make a personal GB for everyone, a personal bank, but unlimited, that is not possible. I mean its f’ing common sense guys. And if they did people should change to that, and not stubbornely have the GB use a name.

As I mentioned earlier to one dumb person, there is more haribo coming next week, but the same name will not be delivered like haribo will. This is the language he understands, had to water it down to his level.

As a serious response, I don’t see a problem with what the OP has put forward.

What I would like to see is a system wherein the same guild name can be taken by multiple people so long as there’s a way to distinguish it from another’s, such as a symbol, emblem or other marker.

I think it would also be helpful if they let us have a surname for character names and extended the length of guild names slightly. There are many intuitive ways for them to fix the limited naming policy without them spoon feeding us.

It’s just lazy game design. ;/

2 Likes

Well being able to use the same name would be a nice idea. But the reason many have troubles finding names is that others are using them. The whole ideal here is that people want to pick a Guild name and be the sole active guild and the longest running.

Let us say one Guild is named Phonies. They leave and disband. If multiple people like that name, they will go for it, but everyone wants to be first, they don’t want to be the second Guild. or share the guild name. So being before others makes you more veteran and entitled to have the .com, instead of .org, or .tv kinda logic.

And that’s where Guild bankers, etc idle guilds with nothing going for them other than memories is kinda meh.

Then Again, it might be a race, first guild with the name to get cutting edge gets more prestige. haha

For example, I had a Guild name allure, and adept. Nobody had those Guild names, had them for months, and as i disbanded them guilds with those same names appeared. And now I can’t go back to them, and I kinda don’t want tooo, but its the logic in it.

oo try … kicks on the river styx
you can have that one, too

As for character names. I’m not that interested in that, but probably also an issue we can discuss here, and take up.

Me quoting you earlier.

You, in this post.

You claiming to be a good moral person. Hahah.

You don’t have any morals Betol, at least none you’ve displayed. You’re acting petty, spiteful and insulting because your arguments suck from a logical stand point and you’re trying to appeal to emotion instead of thinking about it. That’s why you wont answer any scenarios.

1 Like

What morals? Guild names are given out on a first come, first serve basis.

Youre arguing BS wrapped in some sort of moral virtue signalling.

1 Like

So basically, in this context, you are saying that someone has a name. You want that name, so they should give it to you because YOU feel that you are more deserving of it.

You’re preaching “morals” and “kindness” all the while claiming that you have more right to use something than another person. Because you have a different opinion on a subject?

That’s hypocrisy at its finest.

2 Likes

It is a shame there is no system in place for freeing up Guild names. I guess it’s not something they’ve thought about tackling. I have to say I’ve not had trouble making guilds but then again I tend to join an existing one on my main and just have an alt running my own bank guild. No one in their right mind wants a guild guild called Puny Inc.

I use it for storage so yes having more storage available to each character or a huge account wide server based storage would be amazing. To be honest I’d settle for more Reagent tabs on each character. One just isn’t enough. But because we are limited on personal bank space I use my bank guild to store materials.

I don’t like the idea of recycling guild names. Guild names are not just names, they carry the history and reputation of the guild with them. Especially in old times before sharding and cross realm just seeing someones guildname would tell something about not just guild but player itself. I still remember which guilds had expecially nice people on them, which were super competitive and which ones had lot of ninjas on them (just to mention few examples). And even with todays sharding and cross realm system guild names still carry same history and reputation, even you see more of them.

I would personally not want to inherit other guilds history and reputation via name, especially when not knowing what kind of guild that guild used to be. I have seen people getting abused because they have picked (without knowing) character name that used to belong to some ninja in old days. Same could happen with innocent looking guild name too. I would also find it unfair if i would inherit (via name) reputation of other people in good way as well. I prefer my guild name carry history and reputation of people who have been in it from the start, nothing more, nothing less.

I also think that banking guilds are not such a big problem that one might think. They often have names that are some way relating to banking or storing items, not necessarily names you want to run heroes around with. There is exceptions ofc.

Perhaps still some sort of system could be put in place where people could flag their old guild name as “available” in the way that if someone tries to make guild with same name it would release it for use and force name change for the flagged guild. This way if someone retires a guild could volunteery give the name onwards if they wish. Or free up names of disbanded guilds to use (if it is not already in?). But actually taking away name from existing guild, even if it would only have one member active, would not be good idea.

2 Likes

I’m arguing personal moral. And the majority on wow obviously lacks that. Its not even kind, its just fine etiquette and you can’t even do that. It amazes me how off people can be online, and definitely in games.

It’s thinking “I’m using this Guild name as a bank, for me.” But There is actually a couple people that really want that name, and wants to run a Guild, actively, so maybe I should give them the name, and find another Guild bank name"

But no, haha. People are to stuck up in themselves, lol. Amazes me people can actually live with themselves.

I still love everyone though, and help people, run communities boosting such people, I just find it so sad, that people can be so off, and so vile. And wrong, and such a large majority.

Galander-aerie-peak
That is not what I am saying, I simply can’t keep up with all the moronic people around, how hard is it for you to picture this:

One person has a Guild name others want, they want to start an active Guild. And use that name, have it be active with many players, to start a community. This person who rarely uses the GB, and doesn’t want to make a name using that Guild name, should just by f’in the tiniest shred of kindness give it to them. Its not even who’s more deserving, its just proper for people to be that way.

And find another name, its a guild bank, nothing more. And if people can’t even do that, they totally do not deserve to have the right. And if you can’t see the right in that, you sir… need some help. idc if you’re a working man of society or rich or whatever you are, you’re a cold hearted, non caring f head.

And probably not so much in touch with yourself, and how to make others happy, nor give. You take alot probably.

As for people who are just keeping guilds for the memory, same rules. Its just proper if you’re not using it. But I guess we’re too material, and superficial in todays world, nobody cares about eachother. Only the ones they want to screw, and close friends.

And I might be swearing a lot but at least I have some f’in deceny, right morals, and I actually help strangers, voluntarily, and with everything I have in me, even if i have to sacrifice things to help others, helping is usually worth more than what you sacrifice. I can see how I can make it better for others, if only a little, and sharing a Guild name that you are using as a bank, or memory to someone who wants to run a guild, is just common sense.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.