Guys please help! wow not running!

Si I am returning to wow after years of not playing! I updated my pc to windows 10 from windows vista as nothing would download! took me 2 days to get windows 10! before on vista I had radeon ati 1200x card, now I have got windows 10 it says Microsoft basic display adapter. I cant run wow because it says my 3d accelerator is not sufficient enough!!!

im pulling my hair out here and just spent £190 on epic editions for me and my girlfriend.

there must be a way around me to get this graphics card to work, I have tried installing AMD_Catalyst_13.4_Legacy_Beta_Vista_Win7_Win8

but my card still says its basic adapter

We kinda sorta need to know what the specs of your PC are, before we can start to advise in cases like this.

However, if your PC is from Windows Vista era, it is highly unlikely to meet the minimum specification for a modern World of Warcraft.

thankyou for your quick reply what would you like to know?

can I add a photo?

To answer the title : Have you tried getting it in better shape?

1 Like

A photo of what? A photograph wouldn’t tell us what the specifications of your PC are.

Until we have the specifications, theres not a lot we can advise. What CPU, what graphics card, what motherboard, what hard drive, how much RAM, what version of windows, etc.

Your graphics card does not meet requirements for WoW, assuming you meant ATI Radeon X1200 laptop graphics card from 2007.

There are no drivers for it either for Windows 10 so I am afraid you need a new computer if you want to play WoW or anything really.

I’ll take this question has already an answer as someone pointed out your old GPU does not match WoW requirements. Next time you have to post specifications of your computer. If you don’t know that, there are programs like CPU-Z which can shows that. You could then make a screenshot and post it here.

Hi there Élazór,
I can completely understand your disappointment at finding WoW not running. You mentioned having an ATI Radeon Express 1200X. That is a very old card. Sadly it is not supported by the game, it is not sufficient to run it. You can find a lost of supported cards here: https://battle.net/support/en/article/31372
Our full system requirements are here: https://battle.net/support/en/article/76459