[H-BELF] Event Interest Check! Horde Capital Markets

Hey guys,

Long time no see, Returned few weeks ago and noticed how dead alot of Horde Capitals are for RP, there’s a high prevalence of trader, civilian and otherwise non-military and combat related RP going on, so i got to thinking! A Fortnightly Popup Market in Horde Capitals.

Admittedly, I did get the idea from the lovely folks who put together the Dalaran Market every Tuesday, The Idea for this is as follows:

Well, primarily have fun and create a good space for people to RP. But also to breathe some life into Horde RP and capitals, create something for people to bother going to these game play wise, obsolete zones.
Get together Horde guilds and RPers who want to join in, set up stalls and stands, or just attend even. I think choosing the places should go by continent, with two races for horde having capitals in each continent, save Northend and I suppose Eastern Kingdoms, need to double check if its still a molten plaguey heap that even undead can’t stand or if they still have a capital. A vote can be held for the city chosen, say for Broken Isles, Suramar or Highmountain or for Kalimdor Orgrimmar or Thunderbluff.

I’m interested in adding another dynamic also, thieves, mysteries and the like, urn the even into a interesting and varied thing, for example:

You’re standing in line waiting to get your goods from the merchant, someone tries to pick your pocket, What do you do? A sort of interactive event with a few side quests along the way to spice things up. Could even hire a guild of the race of each capital city as security, they can deal with troublemakers, keep security and also get a few goodies along the way.

Its a really rough and unpolished idea I know, Just figured it couldn’t hurt to ask if this idea is redundant what with cross faction RP?

Let me know your thoughts and don’t spare my feelings, be interested to hear what you lovely folks think.

Silvaesz signing off. <3

8 Likes

I think this could be fun.
See how long it shall last; Since it comes down to interests.
Do not be suprised or panicked if it dies down after a little while.

I have come to understand that, it’s just the natrual cycle of these things.

Now with the PvE season pretty much over with, speaking for myself, a return to RP seems reasonable and this could be a nice, low threshold manner to do such!

To have a set time and date of the week or month is a good idea, to keep it consistent, and easier for people to manage their time tables!

2 Likes

This is a very good idea and I’d definitely like to visit it, as a customer or, if the timetable allows, as the Solstice Bazaar! I also like the idea of having various happenings & events during the markets, other than various stalls and I hope to see more of such activities in the future!

4 Likes

Thanks for your response!

I’m aware sometikes things can die down, imnhoping, if i get the right people involved in the right way, it will work really well.

I have beeen gone from WoW since BfA but AD is still really active, obviously more guild based these days.

I would be hapoy to DM the side events and encounters. Though depending on how many pwople are interested and want to attend, having one more person to RP the antagonists with me wouod be great, but for starters dont want to have too much going on. The encounters will be fornflavour mainly.

I need to find out who the best people to speak to would be, goijng to post on the AD discord and find out the best guiods and unguilded people to speak to. All are welcome, its not exactly on invite only, i think knowing who will be there helps for advertising and stuff.

It would be great to have you!

I’ll take a look at the link and work out exact times and dates at the moment it’s all in planning stage.

3 Likes

Wonderful! I will not commit to anything grand as of right now, but I would like to help out where I can :slight_smile:

And if you want, we can perhaps talk more over Discord.
I must admit however, that being a part of a huge Discord and keeping up with things is a bit too fast phased and cluttery for me, especially since the numbers of Discords and their population have added up over the years, in other words I may miss a few things.

Small groups and DM’s is much easier to keep up with, for the sake of organizing!

1 Like

I absolutely adore this concept and hope to get to see it come to fruition! I think you’re right that there is a lot of space for Horde focussed market rp and I love the thought of utilising the neglected Horde capitals for roleplay.

I also really enjoy the concept of sub plots going on in these events with random encounters and potential villains, it opens up some unique roleplay and dialogues that our characters don’t typically experience. It would be a lovely change of pace!

1 Like

Not going to turn down the chance for more RP! I say go for it!

2 Likes

Of course! Whether taking part in planning or attending, be great to have you!

My memory Jogged, Lorruss, weren’t you in the Sun Hawks apron a time? I recognize your Name from somewhere!

That’d be gran, my discord is Silvaesz#4731 drop me a line!

Yeah, it can get very confusing, can’t keep up with it all!

May set up a little discord for it to keep track of things, but pending on interest.

Why thank you! I do hope something comes of it, using old Horde cities also means that only attendees will be present pretty much, reducing OOC stuff and interruptions.

That was my intention, While I do enjoy market RP, do find, there’s only so much “what do you have?” " I have this and it costs 1 silver" you can do.

I know I am being extremely reductive with that example, but I hope my point come across.

Random encounters give a extra layer I think so I’m more excited about that more than the market RP itself!

3 Likes

My memory Jogged, Lorruss, weren’t you in the Sun Hawks apron a time? I recognize your Name from somewhere!

• I can not recall right now, but possible!
    I know I have interacted with the guild, and seen them many times over the years.

It’s always one of thoes guild’s or people, I tell my friends ( PvE friends)
‘‘Oh, look X guild is here, nice’’ or “Lovely, I’m glad to see them still active!”
and then I tell some old RP story to them, and recite a bit of ‘‘AD lore’’ like a real grandpa would.

Always happy to recognize names like that, as if you just go to the store and run into some old Highschool friend, gives a sense of community and I very much appricate that about AD!

I will add you on Discord, will be back online at the 25th, by the way :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t find it ''extremely reductive ‘’ because that is the core of it.
It’s much to enjoy about it, but over time it can be a bit stale for some, speaking for myself for example who enjoy a bit more ‘action’ related RP.

This is a great initiative! I’ll echo the others in that placing the market(s) in the less popular Capital Cities is a good idea, and breathes life into those corners of Azeroth.

I would love to throw my stoneworkin’ orc into this initiative, either as a vendor, or as an NPC for the more DMed shenanigans.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.