[H-RP] Conquest Clash [20th & 21st January]

On various notices boards within Horde cities, settlements and outposts, posters are being pinned up displaying a call for the Horde to gather in Conquest Hold in the new year. Calling for an attempt to forge new bonds and strengthen existing ones between the peoples of the Horde. Many will enter but only one will remain. Our victor will get to choose one reward from a small selection of weapons that will be on offer to be claimed. The day following the Clash, a feast will be hosted in honour of the participants and the victor.

Rules

• No magic or enchantments of any variety
  • No maiming
  • No killing
  • No poisons
  • If any rules are broken, it will result in disqualification and their opponent advancing to the next round

IC Notice - https://i.imgur.com/qjObOLw.jpg

OOC Details
Conquest Clash shall be hosted on the 20th January in Conquest Hold, Grizzly Hills. Sign-ups will open at 19:00 ST and close at 20:00 ST. Be early if you want to participate, as there is a soft limit of 24 participants! Fights will begin shortly after once the matches are all set. For the matches, a simple brawl system will be used. Fighters with begin with an initiative roll to decide who goes first. From there, the highest roller begins with their attack, then rolls. If the defender rolls higher than the attacker they will have successfully defended. All rolls will be /roll.

The celebratory feast will be hosted on the 21st January and begin at 20:00 ST in Conquest Hold, Grizzly Hills. The Wandering Serpent will be providing us all with food and drink throughout both nights.

Merchants of any variety are welcome on both days. Should any wish to be involved specifically with catering for the feast please do contact me (In-game: Sikasha) or through discord.

Rolls

Everyone will have 3 HP at the start of their fight and rolls will be simple /roll. Fighters will rolls for inititive. Each time the attacker rolls higher than their opponent’s defensive roll, they land a successful hit. Should the defensive roll be higher than the attacking roll, they have successfully defended. Once one fighter has reached 0 HP the fight is concluded and the winner advances into the next round.

There will be no bonuses for critical rolls (90 - 100 rolls).

Map of Conquest Hold

https://imgur.com/a/4LD6681

I’ve included some reference points of where we’ll mostly be using throughout the night. If there are a high number of fights to get through, there will be two fights going at a time to help with pacing. Additionally, if people want to read the emotes of the ongoing fights it is best to be in Conquest Pit itself and stand along side the edges.

Please be aware that I as the host will be busy throughout the night, I ask for patience if you bring anything to me during the sign-ups and active fights.

The add-on ‘Listener’ is highly recommended for anyone participating or just spectating.

Argent Archives - https://www.argentarchives.org/node/269534

For any additional questions, you’re welcome to join the Horde Community Discord - https://discord.gg/G7s3qrFBZd

20 Likes

Looking forward to this one and I’m sure the Bloodsong will be there!

Great initiative and great ideas it’s like having a 3rd Kosh’Harg of the year. :smile:

1 Like

YEES!!! LES GO!!! This sounds very nice indeed and I will be there!

1 Like

This is awesome! I will definitely come if work does not come in the way!

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing who comes to Grizzly Hills to participate and of course, see how comes out on top!

If you wish to set up a vendor stall or be involved in some manner please do contact me ^^

1 Like

Grrrrunts…

This looks a prime chance to test the HORDES mettle!
Glad to see it, will look forward to being there and join in on the fighting!

3 Likes

Alright, a chance to toss orcs around, take wigs off of the elves and stomp on goblins?

Count me in!

3 Likes

Thank you both!

The Wandering Lampost will be providing the Clash and the Feast with some catering.

4 Likes

This is an awesome initiative! A good clash is just what we can use, Lok’tar For the Horde!

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Sounds like a grand old time. I will bring the Irregulars along.

1 Like

Great to hear ^^ Can’t wait to see you all

3 Likes

Looks like a lot of fun! I’ll be sure to come along!

2 Likes

May you all have a Merry Winter’s Veil! Can’t wait to see all those eager faces come January!

2 Likes

Heya , hope you will all have a lovely Winter’s Veil!

Just wanted to inform you that the discord link posted on AA does not work anymore, says it is invalid.

o7

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know ^^ Both have been updated!

2 Likes

Happy new year and see you all there! :muscle:

2 Likes

OOoo. Think I’ll go on this and smack a few mons

1 Like

The Blood howl will bring its fighters to compete! Looking forward to this Brawl!

2 Likes

We’re closing in on the event weekend!

There will be some final refinements to the rules along with some suggestions for RP spots such as a medicial bay and where is best to observe the fights from.

1 Like