(Happy Birthday to the) Dust Devils - 4 whole years of action adventure!

It is far too long since I enjoyed one of your adventures! (Also it was only once :[ ) we should change both and soon!

1 Like

I’m a troll main now, put an apostrophe on there.

1 Like

Think I’ve missed you lovely lot, the last couple times I’ve jumped on, but hopefully I will catch you soon!

1 Like

Aha!

Well, if you’re looking for us we’ll probably be running an event tonight at around 20:30, you’re free to come!

1 Like

Hey gamer!

Sorry we were running late when you tried to catch us last time! =(

If you’re around Thursday (or tonight!) For our next event, you’re more than welcome to join us if you want! Consider it an apology tour; we do sometimes run events on time I swear ! :’ )

1 Like

A blast of static; a sudden interruption in the usual programming.

A few confused glances; a lot of nonchalant shrugs.

Then came the order heard across the world.

Three drum beats; followed by a single cold command.

“Freeze”.

Many collapsed where they stood; their work unfinished; their duties abandoned.

The unaffected dashed towards them; frantically trying to help.

Minutes later, the first airship fell from the sky.

A CONSPIRACY OF MONSTROUS PROPORTIONS!

What the Dust Devils and their allies thought to be a routine race against time to prevent the evil Velvet Glove from seizing an ancient artefact of mind-manipulating power soon turned into something far deadlier - for, even though the Glove controlled the artefact for less than a minute before they were defeated, that was still time enough for them to broadcast an irresistible order across the world!

Wearing a hidden radio transmitter; when the Countess tapped the drum and ordered the Devils to freeze on the spot before they could complete their assault - so those beats were sent across the airwaves, to be heard on radio sets from Stranglethorn to Icecrown Citadel!

And so the chaos began; as, manipulated by the drums hypnotic energy, hundreds of people instantly collapsed - old ladies listening to the radio during a spot of knitting, factory workers in the midst of a shift, aircraft pilots half way over the mountains.

Immediately, the Glove’s allies pounced; seizing their targets - dispatching the collateral.

And with so many names on their hit list, not even the Dust Devils could race across the world fast enough to save them all…

1 Like

Yo with the recent Shadowlands cinematic revelations that Banshee loyalists have indeed had superweapons all along, I heard this is the most lore-accurate guild on Argent Dawn now?! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

POV: you have just entered one of Kaitylinn’s portals

1 Like

Hey gamers!

Left baffled or let down by the Jailer?

Wondering why he was a badguy until suddenly he wasn’t, with no explanation whatsoever ?!

Miss the days when villains were openly diabolical and proud of it - telling you their dastardly plans up front, and having a great time while doing so?

Why settle for the Jailer’s incomprehensible 4 dimensional chess or Sylvanas’ morally grey mess of a plot when you could join the Dust Devils and fight easily understandable supervillains who wear their evil hearts on their sleeve?!

The latest patch might have crashed and burned but my enthusiasm for holding events sure hasn’t, because it’s either I DM or I sit staring at my living room walls all night! See in game, friends!

4 Likes

Hey everyone; Kaitylinn here (yes, Sckrink was my secret alt all along, which finally reveals that I’ve spent most of this thread talking to myself).

I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching lately; and I’ve finally realised that the goofy, Sci fi action adventure shtick really wasn’t cutting it anymore. It certainly wasn’t gaining the guild any new members - and it was wrong of me to colour so far outside the lines of established lore.

Thus, after much consideration - I’m proud to announce the birth of “Dusty Hearth”; a small band of down to earth adventurers, wandering the realms of Azeroth on foot, bringing the fight to the forces of low key criminal enterprise with only the meager worldly goods they can carry.

From such easily accessible locations as Durotar to the Barrens, we’ll move slowly but surely, battling local bandits, stray kobolds and more - with our crossbows loaded and our steeds fed. Perhaps we even bring an eager mage or other magic user along for the journey; but power does not come easily on Azeroth, and we know all too well mana must be preserved and used sparingly!

If you fancy some of the finest low fantasy, ultra immersive RP money can buy; look no further. We even have our very own realistic weather settings - for with only the rags on our back for comfort, the wind and rain shall surely chill our bones…

See you on the open road, gamers!

Peace!

10 Likes

The following plays as I slowly emerge from a shadowed corner of the forums; you are happy to see me at first - but my pained expression implies I am carrying a terrible emotional weight upon my shoulders. As your concern grows, I begin to reveal my inner turmoil…

Friends; Gamers; Frequent readers of this forum thread.

After 24 hours stricken with a shameful secret I can no longer bear to keep, it is with a heavy heart that I must announce that the above post (written by a certain “Sckrink” character, who claims to be my alt, but who I have absolutely never heard of, I swear) - the most popular post I have written for quite some time based on the sheer numbers of ‘like’ reactions alone - may not have been entirely truthful.

For alas, to the dismay of everyone who hoped I may turn this guild around for a brighter, low fantasy future - I confess to you all now that it was in fact naught but an elaborate ruse. An April Fool’s. Certified fake news.

Indeed, perhaps the only part of the post that bore any resemblance to the truth was the part about not being able to attract new recruits to save my life - the rest of it, from the elaborate name change, to the focus on low level crime, to the immersive weather system, was all mere flight of fancy.

Were I a better man, I would stick to the course; alas, I am a weak man - and I simply cannot overcome my fondness for goofy action adventures in a high fantasy, science fiction setting. Given a choice between realism, and the rule of cool…

For me, my friends, there is no choice. As there must always be a Kaitylinn event; so that event must always involve a female forsaken supervillain, with hordes of expendable goons, a maniacal laugh, and a doomsday device usually bearing some resemblance to a small moon.

I wish it could be another way. I wish it could be mere kobolds along the roadside…Alas, it cannot…

Forgive me, my friends…I am simply too aged now to change my ways…truly an old dog…cannot learn new tricks…

I turn from you, slowly - to return to the shadows, leaving you more confused than ever. What on earth was the point of all that? Have I realised this was a Wendy’s ?

6 Likes

i didn’t fall for it i didn’t fall for it i didn’t fall for it i didn’t fall for it

(He did and I have the screenshots to prove it. I will release them to the public unless my demands are met)

I’ll pay a handsome som for them.

1 Like

Meet me in Ratchet and we’ll discuss terms…

Also - on a more general note!

Okay let’s do the math:

Flamboyant supervillain? :white_check_mark:

Goofy action adventure? :white_check_mark:

Giant robots? :white_check_mark:

Imminent end of the world (unless we stop it now!)? :white_check_mark:

The protagonists have nigh invincible plot armour, while the badguy has an army of expendable one hit henchmen? :white_check_mark:

Yep, I’m giving the up coming Sonic 2 movie the title of “honorary Dust Devils event”

These guys are hilarious, and extremely fun to be around! If you’re ever looking for something more high fantasy on the red side… These are your folk!

1 Like

I can’t believe this actually worked…

1 Like

Thats nothing, one time we had to unlock a gate while being tormented by a ghost whom turned out to be the key.

1 Like

Trouble with being a stray these days is; you just never know which flock of whackjobs is going to try to recruit you next!

Course, we’re all familiar by now with the ‘mean greens’; those New Order folks, as they call themselves, claiming to follow up on the legacy of the old Banshee Queen by carving out an undead empire wherever there’s land for the taking - naturally their ranks are reserved for the forsaken only, but let’s not ignore all the new folks out on the town who’re a lot more equal opportunities in their hiring!

All that preaching coming in over the radio these days? Yep, that’s Grace’s boys - the Children of the End; lunatic Light lovers, proclaiming the imminent apocalypse, which they’ll all too happily bring about themselves if they have to! After which of course, the Light’s chosen will arise from the ruins and inherit Azeroth - and you could be among 'em, if you’re a true believer!

Then there’s those sweet talking Serenity Falls folks; offering miracle cures for round about every disease you could name, and a hundred more you couldn’t! Just don’t ask 'em what these cures entail of exactly, because most of them are probably a fate far worse than death!

Not to mention the bandits, the businesses, the bullies and the bug people - all hoovering up as many folks as they can find! Guess after the elves lost their tree, an’ the forsaken lost their sunken city, they realised we were all wandering homesick looking for somewhere to live and something to do- and believe you me, kids, if you don’t find a way to keep yourself busy, you can bet your bottom dollar the badguys will!

Then again, if you’re a lost soul on the right side of the law, I happen to know this one girl who’s always recruiting…and so long as you can hold yourself in a scrap, she ain’t too fussy where you come from neither…

Hello friends!

Long time no see-! :smiley:

As ever, though the forum thread might have endured some radio silence, the guild itself has been far from stationary- zipping around all over the world, bringing the fight to the badguys you’ve never heard of!

And now; or at least, as of 9.2.5, we’ll be open to blue side gamers too! :smiley: After all, Horde or Alliance, we’re all on the same side when it comes to fighting the forces of evil - so whether you rest in Stormwind or Orgrimmar, Kaitylinn will be more than happy to have you along for the adventure!

Hope to see you there friends - until then, please enjoy this evil propaganda broadcast from recurring Dust Devils villains, the Children of the End, united for an Azeroth free from sin!

(Just uh, imagine the guy speaking is a zombie - and also a woman, becaue all my badguys are zombie women for some reason)

It doesn’t matter if you’re blue, green, purple or furry - so long as your soul is golden with Light, you will be brought into the ranks of the faithful!

(Or you could not be a villain, and join the Dust Devils instead…)

1 Like

Intrigued by this. Is there a handy discord or something i can contact you on to ask some questions about the guild?

1 Like