[H-RP EVENT] A Night at the Apothecary, 27-10

The Royal Apothecary Society presents: A Night at the Apothecary!

What: Mad Science & Magic…
Where: The Royal Apothecary, Undercity.
When: Sunday the 27th of October, 19:00 server time.

As you descend the stairs to the laboratory, a ghoul in a lab coat shambles towards you with a piece of cloth.

“Face…mask…to protect…against…vapours…”

And you’re going to need it, too; as you cross the threshold to the dungeons the chemicals in the air sting your eyes; there’s no natural smells down here, only chemicals. In one corner of the room you can see a clutter of Forsaken standing over an operating table, dissecting an abomination. In another corner you see a group experiment with variously colored vapors on a rabbit, who seems mostly unharmed. And, strangest of all, you see a sickly green gnome tinker on an iron coil, around which electricity dances like crackling snakes.

Before you can get completely lost, a helpful apothecerian clad in black approaches you with a clipboard.

“Greetings. What brings you to the Royal Apothecary?”

Hesitating just a moment, you say: “I’m here for An Introduction to Potions? By Junior Apothecary Stammers?”

The Forsaken smiles, the edges of his mouth tearing to reveal the stitches holding his jaw in place.

“Excellent. Most excellent. Follow me, please.”

What have you gotten yourself into?

(OOC)

Hello everyone! I’m organizing an event together with <The Royal Apothecary Society>, to be held next Sunday in the Undercity. It’s going to be a humble get-together where we get to nerd out over alchemy and the other type of Mad Science and Magic the Forsaken and linkeminded folk get excited about.

Here’s the schedule:

1. Introduction.
  2. “What is the Royal Apothecary Society?”
  3. “An Introduction to Alchemy”.
  4. Potions Workshop, where you’ll be invited to brew something yourself! Be feel to bring your own ingredients and ideas!

You don’t need to be Forsaken or know alchemy to join. Everyone is welcome, and I hope you will join us fun a fun night of mad science and magic!

6 Likes

Great initiative! I hope I can make it! Shagrath has a few purely theoretical inquiries to skillful alchemists about some concoctions required for some completely hypothetical scenarios that he has absolutely nothing to do with.

1 Like

“Remember, Stammers, The Royal Apothecary Society chose you for this particular mission because you are unassuming. Your…affectations quickly endear you to some of these simpletons.” Apothecary Friso chuckled as he paced the room. “We certainly did not choose you for your proficiency in the alchemical arts, which certain leaves a lot to be desired.”

As to illustrate Aptothecary Friso’s point, poor shaky Stammers dropped a vial, shattering the glass and sending sickly greep vapors surging upwards.

Friso shook his head. “Truly hopeless. Tell me, Junior Apothecary, what is your main objective with this little soire?”

“T-t-to en…ensure o-our n-new Horde allies t-that the Royal Apothecary Society i-is he…here to h-help.”

“Precisely.” Friso smiled behind his mask. “The purpose of the Royal Apothecary Society is to serve the Horde, providing them with much-needed alchemical and technological innovations. Our purpose is certainly not to devise a new blight, one that is powerful enough to wipe out all non-Forsaken creatures from this world, Undead and living alike. We would never research a way of harming our new allies.”

“Ce…certainly n-not!”

“Look at you. Pathetic ghoulish creature. You will do nicely in convincing these brutes that we are harmless.” Friso seemed pleased, and starting making his way to the exit. “Don’t wory about the actual seminar, Stammers; it’s not actually important. Just be careful not to teach them anything they aren’t meant to know - not that you can, anyhow.”

When Friso was gone, Stammers slammed the table, knocking over an inkwell and spoiling his notes, rendering them unreadable. He’d show Friso. He’d show them all. They thought that, just because he had a speech impediment and shaking hands, he would be unable to achieve anything in the field of alchemy. Just you wait, Friso. The one to discover the new killer plague won’t be you, it will be Junior Apothecary Stammers, soon to not be so Junior anymore!

Stammers his empty eye sockets wandered over to his guild tabard. The Crimson Fury Clan never made fun of him. Never underestimated him. Why, the Chieftan had even recently promoted him. Why was he wasting his time laboring for these jerks that belittled him, when he could be serving a Clan that elevated him? Both would serve the Dark Lady in equal measure, after all.

Well, he’d just have to figure that out after the seminar. Back to work preparing, Stammers!

I just thought I’d give you a little extra shot of flavor before the event, which is taking place tomorrow! I hope you will all join us for a fun night of alchemy. Let’s mix some magic!

1 Like

“That will never work.”
“It will. They won’t suspect a thing.”
Shagrath arrayed empty vials into his backpack, careful not the break them, stuffing the bag with wool cloth to keep the vials from breaking against each other. He didn’t turn to look at his friend at the doorway.
“Why would they help us?”
“Everyone has something they want. I will just have to find out what that is first. Then it will be easy to get them to help us.”
“Be careful not to…”
“I know. I won’t.”
Shagrath threw his backpack over his shoulder and grinned at his friend.
“Don’t worry. I will be careful. We can’t do it without alchemy. And I’ve met the Junior Apothecary responsible for the course. I don’t think we need to be particularly afraid that he will figure out our true goal…” Shagrath winked slyly at his friend as he passed through the door.

An Introduction to Potions would most likely turn out to be an extremely educational affair, and perhaps not just for the students.

1 Like

This is tonight! Come get your alchemy fix! I might even give away some free samples…

Sorry I missed this! I was on last night too. Are you having another, or similar events?

I’m sorry you had to miss it! I love the Apothecarium, and I’m sure I’ll organize similar events in the future.
My next event will be Ogrimmarket, this Sunday at 19:00 at The Drag, Ogrimmar. It’ll be an opportunity to buy and sell stuff entirely In Character! Come check it out if you’re interested :slight_smile:

What a prodigious event this was. Thank you Stammers and the Royal Apothecaries!

Unfortunately due to personal issues Shagrath passed out under a set of stairs and missed out the very end, but I have no doubt he will come pestering you guys again, for there were many a question left unanswered about the effects of tesla coils on pineapple glands.

1 Like

We should definitely meet up for some actual drinks; I still owe you some alcohol and pineapple, so…I hope you like piña colada’s (and getting caught in the rain).

1 Like

This might get awkward.

I like it.

1 Like