[H-RP] Gilded Blades - Five years strong!

The dissolution of the Righteous Blades into rag-tag-alongs began when the Commander and her soldiers were forced to flee the safety of Tyr’s Hand, the Argents hot on their heels. Wrongly accused for a crime they did not and would not commit. They travelled high and low, bonded in war, until the sands of Stranglethorn welcomed them to a new home.

In the safety of the rickety port town, businesses shrouded in secrecy; the loveable Goblin shopkeep took them in, and there they forged a family in the safe walls of the Alchemist’s emporium at the top of the Bay, surveying the town below.

In the midst of their mercenary careers, once heralded as Booty Bay’s Premier Mercs for Hire, wound tightly together by not only greed but pride, friendships, hardships and love; an opportunity arose.

With the might of the Horde behind them, The Blades set out to prove themselves. For blood and for honour, they pick up the dregs, the dirty and both immoral and moral work of the Horde that no other would want to do.

Ready to reclaim their rightful place as the Horde’s finest frontline force; in peacetime the hireling tribe became the type of fringe outfit a faction would always need.

It wasn’t much, but it was a start.

The rag-tag bunch of mercenaries brought together in Booty Bay to hunt fame and riches are now a Horde unit in their own right, still operating on the shady side of the law, and still known for getting the job done no matter the cost.

To join the Blades is to trust each other with your lives, and excellent service is rewarded greatly. To be a Blade is to work as if you are not many foot soldiers on the front lines, but just one, to form lasting friendships, and value every member like no other.

With the influx of work from the Horde, sub-divisions were assigned to the most able bodied of members who live by the strict code. They are family, and they act as such. No one gets left behind, though a few may get a good punch and occasionally a light maiming (for which we dole out punishments). As part of their own smaller units they undertake work perfectly suited for them, and provide support to their brothers and sisters in arms.

The Vanguard have the ability to sacrifice, a key component of the most stalwart member of this order, often chosen by their Captain for their respect, honour, bravery and discipline. These four pillars hold the Vanguard in high esteem within the rest of the Gilded Blades, only those who demonstrate their undying loyalty and ability may be noticed and may take their trials.

The Operatives serve as an Operative is to serve in the shadows. Skills in duplicity and subtlety are essential, the Operatives are weapons hidden in darkness. The silent watchers of the Blades, more morally skewed than others would allow.

The Wardens are the backbone of the Gilded Blades, from medics to those more diplomatically inclined, to have a silvertongue is favoured by their Captain, often handpicking those who can be taught the skill whilst stitching up their friends in the midst of war.

Come down to Booty Bay to find them and sign yourself away!

OOC

Who are the Gilded Blades?

We’re a Horde roleplaying guild that’s been around since 2015, operating mostly out of Booty Bay, though our adventures have taken us elsewhere over the years. Currently, you can find us in; Booty Bay.

How do I join?

We’ve updated our recruitment recently since the guild grew ICly and began to prove themselves!

Currently you can; Join as a recruit , either via poster or word of mouth.
We accept transfers from other units, and also we now have the option to be signed over as conscripts in place of punishments for various sorts of crimes and misdeeds!

Please whisper Tealeaf, Sindaes, Moonsaei, Valdris or Thanguron if you have any questions or wish to join! We aim to be particularly welcoming to anyone nervous about RP or joining a new guild. <3

Do you do campaigns, or is it all one off contracts?

We’ve recently completed a 2 month long campaign that engrossed everyone and was immensely enjoyed due to how immersive it was! With no contact to the outside world for quite a period of time, the Blades endured many hardships, lost good friends, fathers, and Captains along the way. And we always have more in the works.

We have a mixture of one-off events that have in the past turned into campaigns based on our members’ interaction, to long over arching D&D style campaigns, helped by our combat system which allows for a vast amount of progression. Our main priority is immersive storytelling, and thanks to our amazing guild members; character-centred storytelling. It’s all up to you!

Our argent archives link is here though has only recently been revamped;
https ://www.argentarchives.org/node/157891

And if you’d like to know more, the link to our website is;

http ://gildedblades.wowlaunch.com/

9 Likes

Just seen this post… can confirm that the lastest campaign was an absolute treat to be a part of. It had a long build up and absolutely earned the hype that the organisers gave it; it was a real chance to test the mettle of my boy Koshdrol and I got a lot of development (and a new alt) out of the bargain in the end. I am very much looking forward to the next one… >:D

1 Like

Ew! Who’s this bunch of misfits?! I mean look at them, they’ve got an orc that wields fel fire and has a tiny corgi running after him, they’ve got a dysfunctional Paladin as an officer who will one day marry me, they’ve got another who got told once he looked ugly and always wears a mask to hide his face and they’ve even got a guy who runs his own pleasure valley! WHAT-MORE-COULD-YOU-WANT!

But seriously, I’ve had the pleasure of RP’ing with this lot a long time now and they are the most loveliest bunch of caring people. 10/10 would encourage people to come to them for some fun and different RP.

3 Likes

A pre-patch themed campaign is taking place soon for the guild! Koshdrol will be our DM for the upcoming campaign and we’re all excited to see what he has in store.

Catch us at shady tavern nights, Booty Bay inn, Orgrimmar or Silvermoon when we roam from our little base off the coast of Stranglethorn!

Recruitment is currently open and we’re excited to be planning a cross guild campaign with the Thalassian Skyguard at some point in the near future >:)

4 Likes

Sounds fun, I might come and see what you guys are about :wave:

2 Likes

Congrats on the five years! Might hit you guys up soon for some Shadowlands planning!

2 Likes

Congrats! You guys seem like an interesting guild! I’m still a noob though so not quite brave enough to join a guild. I hope I get to see you about on your travels as I level.

1 Like

We’re lucky to have quite a few new members getting ready for Shadowlands with us, and we’re all looking forward to taking part in the Booty Bay Market! with our own stall! Thank you to the organizers for this initiative! <3

Coming up (whenever we have any more information on the release…) we have a few pre-patch related campaigns, our own Hallow’s End party, and a rework of our combat system.

Recruitment is currently open after a small period of being closed to get to grips with new stories, and we’re looking for misfits, tired old veterans and lost souls to join the family!

2 Likes

We are getting ready for our guild pre-patch campaign before we have a small break to enjoy the content.

Recruitment is open and would love to have some new faces and stories!

1 Like

It was nice to buy some wares from them in the Booty Bay market.

2 Likes

Had a great time helping out with the pre-patch campaign and hoping everyone else had a blast coming! It was fun to see how the Blades reacted to slowly figuring out the state the world is in right now and figuring out what on earth they have to do next to deal with it.

Here’s to the Shadowlands and some more amazing years ahead!

1 Like

The Blades have just finished up our two week break for Shadowlands!

We are now starting up our RP events and planning a fun campaign in Jan.

We are always happy and searching for new people to come and join our adventures.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.