[H/RP] Hand of Conquest

Back in Orgrimmar keeping each valley safe after a conquest in Feralas! Now’s a good chance to enlist as events unfold along with casual RP. :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Want epic adventures and banter in the Horde military? Join the Thirteenth!

I’m still pretty new on Horde, but this guild deserves love<3

5 Likes

We’re currently settling back into Orgrimmar after our mini campaign involving us getting shipwrecked. We have events to follow and plotlines to uncover. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Enlist now and join the Horde’s finest! :muscle:

6 Likes

Ran into you lot a while ago, thanks for the lovely RP!

3 Likes

Keeping the streets of Orgrimmar safe for those loyal to the Horde!

4 Likes

Based and hordepilled, Toq

2 Likes

Some of my favourite RP moments have been with HoC people. Particularly Toq and Kyan eyeing each other cautiously while both trying to indicate they know about secret agent shenanigans while not actually saying it just in case!

2 Likes

The search for the missing grunt legion continues! After investigating the legion’s last known whereabouts, the Hand of Conquest tracked down the legion’s Stone Guard. During the questioning, it was discovered that the grunts had been unknowingly sold into slavery!

Will those grunts ever know freedom again? Will the Thirteenth discover who sold the legion out to slavers?

Time will tell.

1 Like

Any guild with Toq in it earns the Battalions love/hate! Keep it real!

1 Like

The report of a minor assault finds itself into the hands of the local authorities, among them the Hand of Conquest. Though a minor incident, the behaviour of the accused may raise questions about his political stances, affiliation and activity…

Name: Bartel Bleakeye
Date: 12/03/19

Report type: Physical assault of a Deathguard
Intel: Troll with disguised face assaulted Deathguard Bartel Bleakeye in the Wyvern’s Tail when he approached. Reviled by the “stench” of the undead and after numerous insults, the troll in question lashed out with a kick. After being asked to come to the barracks to resolve the issue with an officer or the local authorities, the troll refused and insisted on his innocence, causing quite the ruckus around the tavern. When he finally agreed, he took the next opportunity to flee, much to the dismay of Lorgar Anderson and Bartel Bleakeye.

Name of the accused: Supposedly Tza’tziki

Appearance: Blue skinned jungle troll covered in short fur. Slender, agile and trained body. Wears brown hood, making his face almost impossible to see, red pants and white shirt in poor condition. Carries a brown dagger and backpack.

Other information: Troll went through efforts to disguise his face and insisted on not showing it. Generally suspicious behaviour and showed disrespect towards the Forsaken and their soldiers in specific. Possible witnesses are some soldiers of the Grim Gest.

6 Likes

After wacky and mysterious adventures, the Thirteenth is closing in on finding out what happened to the missing grunt legion…

But in the meantime, the honorable Hand of Conquest is shipped to the Eastern Kingdoms. The Revantusk tribe has asked for help against their Vilebranch rivals, and the Stygian Legion answers.

How will Orgrimmar fare without its most valiant peacekeepers? Will it descend into chaos? Will Farraki and Drakkari run free within the streets?

Time will tell.

7 Likes

Gobbert, where is your hat?

1 Like

burned to a crisp. i’ve bought a fake pandaren-made one

1 Like

[A letter has been posted inside the Orgrimmar Barracks - the Hall of the Brave.]

Grunts,

I, Pullo, as of today will no longer be acting sergeant of the Thirteenth Orgrimmar Infantry. I have stepped down, for I no longer deserve the title you all look towards for guidance. From Kalimdor to the Eastern Kingdoms we have fought, the colds of Northrend have been shown blood and iron, and the shores of Pandaria know our name. We are the Thirteenth Orgrimmar Infantry – the Hand of Conquest. I have been honoured to serve and fight as your sergeant of the Thirteenth, to raise the banner of Grog’kash high, to be the Hand that Conquers.

I am proud of the Thirteenth and what we have achieved.

Approval has been granted to my request to transfer to the front, where I can better guide the Horde, to prevail in this bitter war against an Alliance seeking to bring us to our knees. They seek to put us in chains once more, to have your children raised as slaves in mud pits and broken huts. I cannot stand idle in Orgrimmar knowing our brothers and sisters die, that a rot has taken us from within, a sickness that may damn us all. Rebels, thieves and Humans seek to take what we have spilt so much blood for – and I will be damned if I didn’t try and find a way to find a cure.

It is my duty to the Horde, it is my oath to the Horde, it is my life for the Horde.

Even now we will be tested and ties strained, but what makes the Horde strong is the strength of our people and the bond we all share. If we cannot protect each other through that bond, then we shall fall. You must stand together now more than ever.

As my last act, I have recommended Raider Gobbert for promotion to acting Superintendent. I have no doubt he will not let the Thirteenth down.

Remember your oath to the Horde, remember the duty you are bound to give.

For the Horde,

Pullo.

15 Likes

Big character and big image of the Hand of Conquest! Good luck in the field of battle Pullo!

5 Likes

We have just returned from rounding up rebels in Mulgore, now we are back in Orgrimmar. Enlist today!

For the Horde!

3 Likes

Apawi rubbed her tired eyes, yawning as she puts the final bundle of ceremonial herbs into her basket. The day had not even started and she had already been busy, preparing her morning prayers. Whether or not a Seer was a morning person, it was their duty to rise before An’she did, so they could pray to ease His pain as He bleeds to bring the world light.
She dragged her cracked hooves through the grey Desolace dust, already dreaming of her cup of morning tea as she walked over to her old kodo, Ahyokalo. Apawi gave the beast an affectionate pat on his neck, as she fastened the basket with herbs to his saddle.
“Good morning, friend.” she spoke to the beast in a soft tone. Ahyokalo responded with a gentle rumble.
Ahyokalo was never bred for war, but just like his master, he was forced into it. He had always been a gentle giant, just as his name suggested. Ahyokalo, meaning “Rumbles across plains” in Taurahe. The beast moved after Apawi had climbed into the saddle, slowly stomping his way down the slope of Ghost Walker Post, towards the nearest sunshrine.
Apawi paid little attention to her surroundings, still half asleep on top of the kodo. She trusted the beast to bring her to her destination, which laid just across the Kodo Graveyard, a sullen field full with the bones of giants. If kodos could speak and think as we do, they would surely revere this place as sacred, Apawi thought to herself.
The Seer’s train of thought was interrupted as she was gently shoved forward, when Ahyokalo came to a sudden halt. The old beast turned his head and stared at the ivory monoliths of the graveyard, his tired eyes glued to the bones of its ancestors. Apawi gave him a gentle nudge with her hooves, to urge him forward. The first light of the day was already peeking over the horizon, and she could not be too late for her morning prayers.
The kodo did not respond to the prodding of Apawi’s hooves. Not the first time, not the second, and not the third. Instead, he turned to slowly wander towards the boneyard, enthralled by what he was seeing, as if something supernatural was drawing him there.
“No, friend. Not yet.” Apawi hushed towards the kodo, pulling the reins in an attempt to steer Ahyokalo away from the graveyard. She knew what kind of fate awaited the kodos that entered that site, and she was not yet ready to let Ahyokalo go. But the beast was persistant, and nothing could stop him. Not even Apawi as she dismounted and stood in front of the kodo. Ahyokalo would simply snort and move past the Seer.
After a tug of war between the kodo and Tauren, Ahyokalo was victorious. There he stood, surrounded by the bones and remains of other deceased kodos. He laid down with a tired huff, and Apawi knew this was not a battle she could win. She had to let go. She closed her eyes and sighed deeply, biting down hard on the inside of her cheeks. She felt the sun’s warmth grace her snout as she laid eyes upon her kodo companion. She was already too late for her morning prayers, she might as well stay here with Ahyokalo, for as long as she has to.
The Seer managed to throw the heavy saddle and all its bags from the kodo’s back, relieving him of his burden. She sat down besides him, with her hand in his rough, bristly mane. Deep down, she knew this moment would come sooner than later, but she could not stomach the thought of losing one of her last friends, one of her oldest friends.
She thought back, to a day that felt like a lifetime ago. She could still hear a younger version of herself protest. “I insist, I cannot take this gift. Please, sir. I’m just doing what I-…”
Apawi was cut off by the older bull, who tried to shove the kodo’s reins into her hands. “Well, I insist harder. I have no more need for him, and it’s the least I can do in return for you curing my daughter of her fever.” Apawi didn’t reply, merely sighing as she looked at the kodo.
“Besides, a Seer shouldn’t go around on hoof. You need a kodo, miss.” the bull said, after having wrapped the leather lead around Apawi’s palm.
Since that day, Ahyokalo had been Apawi’s faithful companion, carrying her through seething droughts and through storms. He carried her home after she returned from the war in the Frozen North. He carried her back to Taurajo, on the day both of their lives changed for the worse. After that, he carried her into war.
She rested his heavy head on her lap as he began coughing and wheezing, stroking her hand over his scarred hide, in an attempt to comfort him.
And there she would remain, until noon. Singing soft lullabies for the dying beast, caressing his snout. She would remain, until her old friend had huffed his final breath, and reunited with his ancestors.

28 Likes

Soon, we will be selling mini Gobbert hats as keychains!

6 Likes

this is epiiiiiiiic!

6 Likes

A non-descript grunt and a random red hatted goblin can be seen nailing in a pair of new papers to the Command Board. Should you approach you will come across the paper below

Hand of Conquest has returned home to Orgrimmar after a successful campaign, and in unison with the unfortunate, but patriotic orphans, have crafted this wonderful call to action. Join the Hand of Conquest

15 Likes