[H-RP] [Hydraxian Waterlords-EU] <Frostwolf Legion>

Since the Horde’s coming to Azeroth, the Frostwolf Clan has always stood apart from the rest of the Horde. Nestled within the frigid valleys of Alterac, the clan ekes out an existence in a land not too different to their ancestral home of Frostfire Ridge - but an orc of Frostwolf blood holds the mantle of Warchief, and with it the clan’s doors open to the world. So it is that even in this distant corner of the world that all races of the Horde stand side by side not only to defend the home of the Frostwolves, but also represent the Horde’s best and brightest on the myriad of battlefields across Azeroth. The Frostwolf Legion embarks on a mission to restore the ancient honour of kin and clan through reverence of their ancestors and shedding the blood of the foe, be they Alliance, demon or otherwise.

Hello everyone, and welcome to the thread for Hyraxian Waterlords’ , a roleplay guild centred around the traditions and values upheld by Warchief Thrall’s very own clan. The Frostwolf Legion is a subsidiary of the clan that hosts men and women of all races of the Horde - even the Forsaken - should they be able to adhere to the principles and tenets of honour set in stone by clan during its incarnation on Draenor.

As the name suggests, the Frostwolf Legion is a military guild that hopes to provide a roleplaying experience playing on the principles of honour that have been severely lacking from the Horde during BFA. As such, the guild is ranked in a manner befitting a military organisation and progression is based on an individual member’s contribution to the war effort as well as how they carry themselves in doing so.

The guild endeavours to provide a mixture of roleplay ranging from clan-based roleplay focused around traditional campfire roleplay such as storytelling and sparring matches, RP-PvP events with Alliance guilds in the areas we might find ourselves in and classic DM-based events taking place in the open world.
It is also our plan to touch on organised PvP (how could we not, being named for one of the three PvP factions in Classic) and embark upon end-game raiding either by ourselves if the guild grows large enough or as part of the wider Horde community.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this quick run-down. For more information, please check out the guild’s comprehensive info document or give me a poke on Discord, my tag found in said document.

For the Warchief! For the Horde!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wjg8TVHlAurLjpMhOVaw02Jo8-kEU-XBscbrzqAUf8E

5 Likes

Love the concept and the effort put into it. Will contact you on discord and hopefully my Tauren Shaman will find a home!

1 Like

Looking forward meeting you in Alterac Valley. Thou shalt not pass our bridge!

1 Like

Rest assured, crossing that bridge is not the only thing I will be doing…

See you there!

1 Like

Oooh, this sounds interesting. Count me in.
I’ll make sure to bring my warm furry coat for those cold Alterac nights!

1 Like

Thank you, Duskstead! Very much appreciated!

I’ve been mulling over a new concept for guild-ran and organised events, and with that in mind I’m happy to lay the foundations for the guild’s Hunt Events and In-Guild Reputation.

The Huntboard is a place where key targets for the legion’s hunts can be found. On this noticeboard there will be posts directing guild members or groups of guild members to participate in special events designed for a limited number of characters with dynamics not found in typical events. Hunt events lay out specific challenges that a player or groups of players must overcome and these can take on several forms;

i) Participating in a DMed event where a particular goal must be reached, such as the slaying of a monster or obtaining of certain treasure.

ii) Participating in a “mini dungeon run” where a small group of four Legion warriors (overseen OOC by an officer to ensure it is properly roleplayed) are dispatched to instanced content to kill a particular boss. Note that these Hunt Events will take place in dungeons, but the areas sent to will not be the dungeon themselves IC. For example, a group of warriors may be dispatched to kill Herod in the Scarlet Monastery, but for the purposes of roleplay they will be sent to kill a yet-to-be-named Scarlet Champion in a Crusade Outpost.)

iii) Participating in open world RP-PvP where a group of warriors are dispatched to take down a particular target on the opposite faction. Who that target is will be pre-arranged and agreed upon cross-faction, so they are aware of what is going on and understand that their character, unless they say otherwise, will not be killed or permanently crippled in any encounter.

It goes without saying that all of these types of Hunt Events must be properly roleplayed out. Failure is possible, and the nature of the mission’s failure will depend on who is DMing or overseeing the event. Commendations will be awarded for the completion of a Hunting event, which can be turned in for rewards in the guild’s in-built reputation system. Given we’re basing our guild on the appropriate PvP faction, it’s only appropriate players have an optional in-guild rep grind to work towards!

The reputation system works in much the same way as in-game reputation factions do. The more participation a member has in events and roleplay, the more higher their reputation within the Legion will increase. All members start off as Neutral upon joining and advance to Friendly upon achieving the rank of Grunt. As a member’s reputation rises they will obtain access to more In Character rewards such as higher quality provisions, item enhancement and access to the Legion’s armoury. These rewards have no standing impact on PvE or PvP gameplay, but provide a goal for their character to reach and an opportunity to advance their character in more ways than simply through promotion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.