[H-RP] Interest Check - Crossroads Hub

The more merrier, the Crossroads as a hub can open up a rp vibe folks would be looking for in Orgrimmar but with a more down to earth touch.

Good luck with the concept, looking forward to spend time there in the future with my Horde characters :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I support this idea; would be amazing to have Crossroads be full of life and RP, for casual Horde RPers to have a place as well!

3 Likes

i like this idea.

just wish the crossroads has a transmog shop. in any case, hopefully someone has the mammoth mount usually

1 Like

Crossroads/Barrens rp as a whole would be welcome.
Personally I love the frontier/wilderness vibe of it all that lets me get my cowboy themed kicks.

2 Likes

I would love to see more Horde RP overall and would be willing to come to the Crossroads to help revive it. Our guild runs a shop which we could consider coming to the Crossroads with once a month (we travel on a rotation between netural/horde/ally locations). We wouldn’t want to come and be the only ones there though, so it would be good to know which days/times we would likely be able to encounter other RPers for trading and conversation, maybe some random encounters of the exciting kind :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I support this and hope we all can get the ball rolling with some planning. The Crossroads are my favourite hub because of the big savannah surrounding it. It’s just peak Horde aesthetic.

EDIT:

Wow. Just because Tauren settle in the Barrens? :angry: That’s racist.

2 Likes

Sounds like a nice idea, as I am up for whatever brings more Horde rp. However, why not just stick to Orgrimmar or maybe even TB, given they are larger cities with more locations.

Hi there! This sounds fantastic and I’d be more than happy for your guild to host a shop there! I’m just working out what days are best for people before I post an official thread with all of the information and updates in it. Are there any days/times in particular you guys work around or prefer? It might give me a good starting point.

3 Likes

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback. Whilst Orgrimmar isn’t a terrible place to RP, I think it does suffer from the problem I mentioned above; that the Valley of Honour is the only place people gather usually. There’s also the issue of OOC disturbance which I’ve seen more of since DF launched. I figured this would give people an option to get away from the city and RP somewhere more open.

I’m not saying Orgrimmar shouldn’t be RP’d in, this just broadens the places Horde can branch out to as we don’t have the luxury of numbers. As for Thunder Bluff, I agree that it’s great but I’ve never seen much activity there since BFA and for some they may think it’s a little too far to go to find RP, IC or OOC. I chose Crossroads as its quite central and near to everything.

1 Like

Fair enough, though I think the Valley issue can be solved by the community, its not the city issue. But whatever happens, I go where the RP is. So if you get rp going in the Crossroads, I will tag along.

1 Like

We can be fairly flexible given enough notice in advance, but our usual days of operation are Fridays from 8pm ST to 10pm ST.
If it’s more convenient for people to have Crossroads RP on another night, it’s no issue, we can just do a different evening that week if necessary. Fridays or Saturdays are better for us though as our IC shop owner can stay online later on those nights.
Here is a link to our shop if that helps at all :slight_smile: You can see what we’d bring to the table in terms of goods and trade there, and also folks can get a bit of an idea about what we do as a guild (aside from the adventuring part which you’d need to speak to us about to get a proper idea of)

3 Likes

Hello! To add on what Kinabi has said, here’s our forum post with our current timetable - [N-RP] Raven's Riches: Crossroads (21st-22nd January - 20:00-22:00). The rest of calendar is flexible for us and we can set it the day/time good for everyone!

3 Likes

Those days and times sound great to me! I imagine most folks can make it providing they don’t have other plans. Thank you for giving me the starting point I needed and for the link!

Hey Dharrach! I looked at your timetable for January and was wondering if you’d be available for the 20th-21st January as you seem free then? If not that’s okay I can work it out for February and it gives me time to get stuff started.

3 Likes

Yes, that would be good for us! Both 20th and 21st work great, as well as February!

3 Likes

Erithur putting in the good work for Horde RP.
:saluting_face:

1 Like

That’s fantastic, thank you! I’ll be making the official thread for the hub soon, hopefully this weekend, so I can condense everything. Just gotta work on what other activities that can be arranged as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really the reason why the RP all concentrates in one Valley is more to do with the design of Orgrimmar than the RPers. In Stormwind you have canals lined with buildings, and it’s very fast crossing bridges between districts. In Orgrimmar you have long winding canyons and a lot of verticality with large stretches of empty space between the various valleys. The best valleys that are closest together for RP are Valley of Strength, Spirits and Wisdom but they have OOCer problems with intensity in descending order.

Crossroads is much more tightly packed for people, and it’s down the road from Ratchet too for easy access to neutral/Goblin RP. I support it!

1 Like

Understandable, for me its whatever works best. As long as Horde starts to get more active rp hub for social rp, i am happy. Maybe even rp across the entire Barrens.

1 Like

I have made the official thread now!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.