[H-RP] Kosh'harg Festival, Spring 2022 — 21 to 27 March

Any trinkets that include “Gladiators’ ___________” in the name.

So, The “Family” of Gladiators trinkets, Included but not limited to: Emblem, Insignia, Badge, Eternal Aegis and finally Resonator? That makes sense, Especially in tandem with the Malediction Duo (Shackles + Devouring), As it would dilute the sudden burst possible.

Woo, Kosh’harg!

Hello, I would also like to sign up for the tournament please. =)

Also, this too confuses me. Are the honour-purchasable ones accepted? Such as https://www.wowhead.com/item=186966/cosmic-aspirants-medallion?bonus=0 and https://www.wowhead.com/item=186906/cosmic-aspirants-badge-of-ferocity?bonus=0 allowed? Hoping the CC removal is at least accepted, if not I’ll try pick up some other trinkets.

Thanks!

Any trinket which fulfills the ‘Gladiator’s Emblem’ part of the set bonus is not permitted. Medallions (CC removal) are permitted.

Hi there.

I really want Ghormisa to attend the Om’riggor but my work schedule means I am not home until 21:30 GMT.

I am not sure how this could be worked out.

Hello!
This shouldn’t be an issue, just come when you can!
Give Kozgugore or a red blade member a whisper when you come online and we’ll tell what you need to know before you are RPing. Just in case if the people who are joining the Om’riggor are already out hunting.

I hope I didn’t make it confusing. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just a few more days! See you all there!

1 Like

I’m all for the kosh’harg having some festivities and not being 100% orcish rites. New Horde new adaptations etc. Some of the choices seem a little goofy though. Like a costume contest sounds more like something you’d expect at the DMF?

The costume contest is actually popular. We’ve had it a few times now and there’s always people joining or watching.

We agree and understand it’s not for everyone nor very orc or hordelike. But sometimes something goofy is what people want or need.

7 Likes

One day till Kosh’Harg.

One day till Party Time

1 Like

Not a problem! The event is scheduled to start at 21:30, but if you show up a bit later I don’t expect it to be a tremendous issue. You might just have a bit less time to finish the hunting part, as hunters are usually given about an hour to complete it, but that shouldn’t be an issue all in all. So no worries there!

We’ve experimented a fair bit with the nature of events at the Kosh’harg over the years. In the end, we decided to settle for a fairly decent mix of things. Of course it wouldn’t be a decent Kosh’harg without a fair share of traditional elements such as rituals, a pilgrimage to Oshu’gun, a shaman moot, the works. But since it still is a festival when all is said and done, we noticed people do appreciate the kind of events that allow active participation for all involved. Having a festival consisting solely of flavour rituals and speeches don’t tend to be engaging for most involved, so active events such as contests tend to do a whole lot better in terms of participation and engagement overall.

Conversely, these kind of events may understandably not appeal to everyone for a myriad of (personal) reasons. But we believe the remainder of the week should offer plenty of variety in terms of events to offer a little something for everyone, as none of the events are mandatory to attend by any means. Moreover, those events that might have a chance of feeling out of place, we try to place in a lore-appropriate context. In the case of a costume contest, we prefer to present it as a “contest to honour the spirits/heroes of old/elements” depending on the chosen theme. This year around the theme is “Animal Spirits”, which might be a great opportunity for some to honour their favoured spirit by donning a garb appropriate to their nature. Something we actually do quite a bit in rituals as well.

8 Likes

Today is the daaaaaaaay! Kosh’harg begins tonight at the shaman stones in Garadar Village! The plan for tonight is as follows:

• 20:00: Opening ceremony

• 20:15: Opening Ritual

• 21:00: Costume Contest

• 22:00: The Great Dance

Bet you can’t outdance me! Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight as we celebrate the start of a week of awesome orcfestiveness!

5 Likes

Goooooood MORNING my darlings! Hope you’re all either sleeping well or having a good start to the day!

Kosh’harg kicked off beautifully yesterday, and we were really happy to see so many people show up! To continue our momentum, tonight’s events are as follows:-

• 20:00 - Ritual of the Dead - Traditionally an Orcish pilgrimage to Oshu’gun to honour our ancestors. Although only orcs may enter Oshu’gun, Velravyn of Drakefang Warband will also hold a ritual for our non-orc allies so that you may complete your pilgrimage alongside us!

• 21:00 - BRAWL’GAR!!! - That’s right, it’s back and we are ready to rumble! Who will be the champion of our traditional wrestling competition this spring?! Who will take the title of Brawl’gar Champion Spring 2022?!

We advise that you prepare an offering to your ancestors beforehand to make things a bit easier! Looking forward to seeing you all tonight! Have a great day!

2 Likes

Hopefully our mighty Ann-Marie will defend the title :muscle::sunglasses:

2 Likes

What a turn out tonight! We sure didn’t expect that many contestants, but it was amazing to see everyone show up for this Kosh’harg’s Brawl’gar!

The winners of this year’s Spring Brawl’gar are:-

• First place - Caleirn Windrise!

• Second place - Boshgard Firetongue!

• Third place - Zek’anu!

Thank you all for a wonderful evening! See you all tomorrow!

4 Likes

Helloooooooooo! It is I, back again with more Kosh’harg goodness! We’ve had a fantastic turn out so far, and it’s been a pleasure seeing everyone enjoy themselves. I know I’ve had an absolute blast!

For tonight, the events are as follows:-

• 20:00 - Rite of Fertility and Renewal - a rite to celebrate the return of Spring, where creation and fresh starts are the theme of the day! Come and be blessed by the spirits - whether you’re looking to start or expand your little family or you’re looking to start a new chapter of your life, it’s all about FRESH BEGINNINGS!

• 21:00 - Om’riggor - IT’S BACK! Are you an orc without an honour name? Or maybe you want to earn yourself a NEW honour name? Then join in the rite of passage to take part in your own personal hunt and earn a trophy, and regale us of your tale upon your return, where we will bestow a new name on you

NOTE 1: Reiterating that you do not need to want kids IC to take part in the Rite, this is as much for people who just want a blessing for their new endeavours on life!

NOTE 2: If you would like a specific name for your orc, please let us know in-game - speak to Kozgugore, Verzan, Rykana or myself to make sure we are aware!

Thank you, have a WONDERFUL DAY you beautiful people you! <3

5 Likes

And not to forget the results of our costume contest!

1. Kru’gra Shadowbinder as Krunixia, Flame of the Horde
  2. Rokamo Goreye as the Beasts of the Mother
  3. Zi’tani Steelstorm as Pa’ra’kette the Parrot Loa and Zerphan Bladesmasher as the Black Ox

Big thanks to all participants and of course a massive thank you to everyone taking the time to come over to Nagrand and sharing in the festivities so far! We hope you’ve had as much of a blast as we have so far!

For tonight’s Om’riggor, I regret to inform those involved that I won’t be able to attend it myself due to real life circumstances. My sincere apologies for having to bail out, but I unfortunately couldn’t find any way to switch anything around at the last minute. Thankfully, the Skywise sisters Verzan and Rykana and our resident blood taster Zi’tani should still be there to host the event in my stead and will no doubt come up with even more epic last names than I would have!
Again, apologies for the inconvenience and good luck to all our hunters!

6 Likes

Sorry for the late announcement - remembered to post it to all the Discord servers but not here. My bad!

Now everybody to Garadar! To Garadar! To Garadar!
Alright stop!

It’s us back again with the plan for tonight! Events tonight are:-

• 20:00 - Archery Tournament - Hosted by our lovely Skywise sisters, this is for both veteran archers and amateurs! May the best shot win!

• 21:00 - The Iron Fortitude - Five challenges. Five chances to test your strength, agility, stamina and endurance. Will you be the one to take the title of Champion of the Iron Fortitude?

Thank you all! Have a fantastic day and stay awesome! <3

4 Likes

In a follow up, we would love to say congratulations to the following for completing their Om’riggor last night:-

• Brute Nomu Goreterror
  • Ghormisa Lightfury
  • Lagakh Duskseeker
  • Onashi Sageshield
  • Thronk Mountainheart

Congratulations on your honour names!

4 Likes

The Archery Tournament and the Iron Fortitude went off with a bang tonight, and we want to thank everyone who came to join in or spectate! We were blown away at just how many came to enjoy tonight’s events!

The winners of the Archery Tournament are:-

• Expert: First place - Tesha!

• Expert: Second place - Solstice Everhail!

• Expert: Third place - Rokamo Goreye!

• Beginner: First place - Headtaker!

• Beginner: Second place - Skitch!

• Beginner: Third place - Charmie!

The winners of the Iron Fortitude are:

• Caleirn Windrise - Champion of the Iron Fortitude!
  • Cao-kang Ironclaw - Second place!
  • Charmie - Third place!

Congratulations to all our winners, and thank you to everyone who took part! Have a fantastic night and we will see you all for Friday’s events!

3 Likes