[H-RP] Orcs of the Red Blade – Now Old Enough to Drive and Vote!

The next IC report from Verzan Skywise covering the second main event in our Desolace campaign!

Battle Report - Cultist Fort and the Half demon

We Scouted late into the night and flew back to camp at Dawn. Knowing the lay of the land was important. Every hill in Desolace looks like the last grey hill for the most part, I’d been cursing their existence since we got here but on this night, we would use the grey hills to our advantage.
We were heading to the abandoned Thunderaxe Fortress. The old ruin was made to last, its walls sturdy against the winds across Desolace and though aged clearly, they were still strong and the Fortress itself quite the imposing feature cleaving its place into the surrounding landscape. Can’t say the thought of trying to fight it sounded very appealing after the incidents in Stonetalon.

The only good to add to this was that at least the Cult present within the Fort was not huge, they didn’t have the numbers to man every watch tower, only those by the front gate and they did not occupy the whole Fortress. It made scouting easier but more importantly it would make getting in a little cleaner.
I was given the honour of being Alpha for the attack by Varog’Gor Razaron Madeye.

We had a number of passing orcs who, much like the Mercenaries, lent their strength to our clans efforts tonight. Ussa Tideseeker and Grakaz Wildfang. It left our clan mustering one of the larger war parties it has in some months, even with many of our number still held captive.

The Druids of the Cenarion circle had also been attacked on the road by the warlocks and their nefarious kin, much like the caravan riders we were attempting to rescue. This meant we had some aerial support from their Hippogryph riders, though they were less than clear about what shape that help would be until we got to the fort.

I’d like to say - I had a plan.
We rode out of the camp and headed north in the direction of Thunderaxe Fortress. Had to get into the shadow of one particularly well placed hill. Well placed for us, poorly placed for the Cult.
It was something of a mad dash to the shadow of the hill with Rykana Skywise on her wyvern in the skies above but we seemed not to be spotted though there was a guard of four cultists and the main gate itself was closed.
The Cenarion circle riders circled the Fort and from their saddles they began to hurl ‘packets’ that struck the cultists and scattered into rapidly growing seeds that spawned dozens of tangling vines wrapping their ankles and binding them in place.

The distraction was more than helpful as Thronk with his shield and Zasa Riverscale were sent forward. Zasa called upon her powers of the earth to bring down their gate with a tremendous crash, the cultists could do very little but watch slack jawed as two great earth like hands tore the aging timbers to splinters right before them.
We sounded the charge and a dozen orcs and their mounts charged up the hill.
Four Cultists were not enough to stop us as they were very quickly cut down where the roots held them and we raced past into the Fortress through the shattered gate.

‘Bloodmoon, tell me you know what that is’ I can remember saying to Gashuk Bloodmoon, the clan’s expert on such things. Yet even he wasn’t entirely sure what he was looking at when we entered and beheld a sight of demonic summoning.
[14:25]
Before us a darkly runed fighting pit. Cultists with murder knives and sacrifical offerings stood cackling within it. While a team worked together to our right flank summoning a terrible demonic hound.
The sight that captured my gaze was neither of these things but the grim sight of the huge half demon corpse sprawled half in and half out of the twisting portal. It was larger than a garn but dead? I didn’t understand. We didn’t stick around waiting for it to tell us the flavor of doom that awaited either.

Ordok Axebite, Gul’rok Ragehowl, Gorgrak Stormhowl and Grakaz Wildfang. Engaged with the summoners and their hound, fighting hard to force their way into the building they defended. This would be the building that held the captives and for what I saw it was taken by those orcs who charged it.

For the rest of us battle lay elsewhere across the pit of death, charging the summoners casting there. Guided by Meri Soulwalkers insight we could navigate the trap laid out before us, smashing the magic bound into the runes and racing upto the foot of the portal gateway.

The voice of the slain warlock from several nights ago rang out clear as if he had been standing before us, his spirit twisted by the Nether was still lurking just beyond the threshold. This, he announced, was still all part of his plan for us. I attempted to punt the large demon corpse back through the portal - it was too big.
A gem rested embedded into the monstrous body’s throat and though we chopped at it, when our strikes came close a hot rush of boiling air drove us back away from it.

Veins and flesh under the skin of the demonic corpse rippled in grotesque ways when, in a flash of light, the gem became occupied. The corpse possessed with the Warlock spirit as it snapped its jaws and bathed the ground in fiery spew.

All many of us could do was chop at it or rescue our allies from its fiery breath. It was Bloodmoon who tore down the portal runes, smashing the last of whatever magic kept the gateway open. When the last rune cracked and breathed the last of its shadows into the world, the portal without warning slipped shut, like the sharp blade of a knife it cleaved the demon in half–
This did not have the desired effect of murdering the monster. Instead half the creature lurched forwards onto its palms and wrenched itself forward into a charge, hurling orcs into the nearby ruins and smashing others to ground.

It was during this time that Gorgrak Stormhowl raced over to join us, speaking of how the prisoners were being lifted to safety by the Cenarion riders but how Gul’rok Ragehowl had suffered a terrible wound at the jaws of the Fel hound. His message was stifled by the fight against the half-demon as he too was caught up in the brawl.
None of our physical strikes could halt it, as it slithered and flailed after us. Feats of daring bravery were countless as orcs hauled their allies away from claws or leapt in front of them with shields. Blows that would have killed Alliance soldiers seemed to do little to its hide.

It was at this point it became clear that the void magic Meri Soulwalker had been casting was actually causing the spirit of the Warlock the most injury, she announced loudly that it didn’t like the taste of its own magic.
Then in that same moment. Bloodmoon pulled from his pocket of tricks something equally as terrible as the demon itself. The sorcerer’s shape began to twist and change into something I am told is powerful blood magic. A Dire orc. He was no longer the ‘small’ former fel caster but now something hulking and monstrous.
He grappled the demon and halted its charging around while I cleaved at its elbow. While this happened many of the fighting orcs called out what our target should be.
The gem stone still embedded at the creature’s throat.

In a sharp burst of nimble energy Eliff Watersong rolled under the creature, plucking the gem from its neck in a spray of blood and guts and stuff. Hurling it into the air high above the fighting where Bloodmoon’s hulking form leapt up, grasping it tightly to crush it in his meaty hand.
With the gem destroyed, the demon corpse fell, defeated.
Our shaman burned it until little remained of it but ashes and failure.

In victory we had earned our nights rest. The captured caravan travellers had been couriered out of danger by the Cenarion riders and we found them at the Glade when our travels brought us back there. Though we could rest, it was an uneasy choice to make. Many of the clan are still held captive and so our attention turns to preparing for attack on Shadowprey village.

We have to prepare - It is our belief right now the villagers are mind controlled in some way, we need to make ready to fight and take their camp through non-lethal means.

–Verzan Skywise–

2 Likes

Sad I’ve missed this mini-campaign so far, but enjoyed reading all the write-ups. <3

2 Likes

And the final IC report from Verzan Skywise for our Desolace campaign! I had a lot of fun running this for the guild this past week. <3

Battle Report – Fight at Shadowprey Village

The time for resting had passed. Tonight would be the night - seemed like every orc felt it.
We were going to get our clan mates back, messages from Nakobu last night sounded as if the light user took a beating for getting contact. Telling us the clan were still unharmed, that there was trouble with the Loa and the trolls might not be mind controlled.

We had waited long enough. I shared the plan with the High Blade Ironclaw as he emerged from his camp. Plan was simple, we’d send volunteers who could climb in a scouting team over the mountain at the far side of Shadowprey ahead of us, they would break into the village, quietly open the cages of the captive Red Blade and arm them if possible.
The Entrance to Shadowprey has long been a terror for anyone to get mounted combatants into, it’s got a steep approach and a narrow pass. We wouldn’t get a charge like we did at the Fortress into it. All we needed to do was cause enough trouble there to help the others escape and meet in the middle to sort that troll Rhu’jin out.

The most important detail was that we would ‘attempt’ to non-lethally take down the trolls within the village. It was not yet fully understood why they captured our kin.
He liked the plan and pretty quickly Tagrok Valorwind was ‘Volun-told’ he was going to lead the scouting group. Taking Sootskin the Mercenary, Grakaz Wildfang and Varog’gor Madeye with him. They left the camp ahead of us.

Riding to Shadowprey was uneventful and swift. We left the wolves at the top of the slope into the village, they would not be used nor would the wyverns as scouts. Orcs crept subtly and approached the narrow pass into Shadowprey where four guards and one Loa priest stood sentry.
There was a long silence among the clan’s raiding party. The ocean breeze and the ambient sounds of the village just around the corner seemed to be the only noises while we stood hidden among the rocks waiting to raise hell. Waiting for the High Blade’s orders.
Archers on the rocks got the go to shoot, even before their shots had landed in the Loa priest to take it down, orcs rushed in. Clashing with the trolls and disabling them swiftly but the village bell still rang, an alarm was sounded.

At the middle of the village the traitor troll Rhu’jin stood flanked by Loa priests who, through their sermons and preachings, had been keeping the villagers in line. Scared villagers clustered around them, defensive now the orcs were here racing toward them.

Fight seemed simple enough, the melee was fast and the villagers no match, they were afraid of what the Loa priests had told them, afraid of us and their heart wasn’t in it. It all seemed a little ‘easy’, like over turning a Quillboar nest rather than a Darkspear settlement.

As we fought, the scouting team did their job. Faint hints of their group’s successes sounded deeper into the back of the village. What I first believed to be fighting was Madeye dancing a distraction against the guards while others mugged them. Cages were being opened and at one point I distinctly remember a shot being fired from Sootskin’s rifle.
More and more villagers were disabled, taken down by the backs of shields, the pommels of axes and the small batch of wyvern venom we had syphoned before the raid. They began to flee and just in case any were in any doubt they were chased away from the clan by the barks of Takkat Warwolf covering our flank.

Clan orcs were freed and the scouting group rushed down the slope to rejoin us.
Now we vastly outnumbered Rhu’jin, his schemes were over as the clan had him cornered and the High Blade called for his surrender.

The troll refused to surrender and swung for the orcs in front of him. As he did Ordok Axebite stepped in and with his axe cleaved the troll’s limb clean off. From the gaping wound where the arm had been, purple smoke rather than blood. It began to boil out of the hole and pooled around him until the troll’s true form was shown.
Large wings, large horns, cloven hooves and glowing fel green eyes. A dreadlord.
The schemes of the creature were crumbling, no longer needed was the ruse of the troll he had taken the appearance of, the need for the villagers here no longer worth it and disappointed was he in the minions he had left to do his bidding at the Fortress. ‘I am Rhuthorius…remember that name as you perish’ he announced. As battle again erupted at the heart of Shadowprey village, he hurled a swarm of shadowy biting bats out into the surrounding orcs.
The clan fight the bats that bite and scratch them and they fight the demon. Zakarah Sporefang leaping onto the monsters back heroically trying to rip into his shoulders and spine but doing so at the same moment Zasa Riverscale punches her fists into the earth, calling on the mighty powers of the elements to form molten hands of fire that grab the demons wings and tear them from its shoulders–
This narrowly misses crushing Sporefang, burning her as she tumbles away.
Emberheart during this struggle with the bats, hastily grabbed the flames of a camp torch to use the fire to rescue a villager. While others might not have been so lucky, some at least were rescued.

The demon hurls his magic into the clan. Confusing bursts of necrotic energy twist the minds of the orcs around him, turning allies against each other. Tagrok Valorwind and Gul’rok Ragehowl battle each other in the confusion. While frontline fighters like Warwolf and myself forget exactly why they were where they were, only to be snapped out of it by Gorgrak Stormhowl.
Claws sharp as swords rake into those among the front ranks. Thronk, being largest, seeming to catch the brunt of one vicious strike from the demon. Rhuthorius’s claws seem to cut through plate armour as if it were mere linen cloth.

But our weapon strikes back against the demon take their toll. Nothing can stand against the combined efforts of nearly twenty orcs, furious for their clan mates’ capture and the tricks of this demon here in Desolace.
With a final desperate burst of foul magic the demon hurled the orcs backwards away from him. Giving him the space he needed to once again call upon the shadows and escape away before he was taken down. Issuing threats against the clan as he parted tail between his legs no doubt.

In the aftermath of the battle, troll villagers cowered in the backs of huts, some more fortunate than the others who had been rendered to ashes by the fel magic of the demon. Thronk crumpled bleeding from a wound at his gut. Other orcs bled from numerous small wounds, some inflicted by bats others by the wild fury of the elements against the demon.

We had claimed a victory by driving the demon away, even if we had not slain it.
Though it was more a moment for relief at the reunion with our captured clan mates, no orcs seemed too sure about spending the rest of their night in the village after what had happened. When mounts and possessions had been reclaimed many returned back to the Glade to recover and celebrate their victory.

It’ll be a few days before we head back to Durotar.
Our work here is done.

–Verzan Skywise–

1 Like

Back in Durotar since last night, come catch us in Razor Hill!

4 Likes

Back playing a bit more again, Kosh’harg next month… time flies!

4 Likes

We’ll be a while in Razor Hill before going off to other shenanigans in a few weeks, come visit if you want to! <3 Soon it’s Om’riggor time and another fabled Clan Meet coming up, perfect to meet all the new faces.

3 Likes

Another Om’riggor has taken place! These are amongst my favorite events, good company around a open fire, listening to stories of the past before the hunters return with their prize.

Shadowbreaker, Venomspitter! Two more have passed the rite!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Clan Gathering tonight as well, announcing some important thingamajigs and stuffs!

2 Likes

Im really new to both Orc and Horde RP as a whole.
Any room for a whelp to learn the ropes?

3 Likes

Hi there Brazgagor!

There’s plenty of room to learn the basics here with us! I’ll be around tomorrow evening on Nakobú in-game, so do give me a poke if you are around and we can get you started with things right off if you’d like!
Alternatively, you can try to poke one of our other members if you see them online before myself and they’ll direct you to an another officer if they’ve nipped online before me.
For the time being, do visit our site which you can find in the OP of this thread (alas, I can’t post links yet, argh!) if you haven’t already - it’s full of orcish tales and the various structures of the guild - and it’ll give you a good feel of what you you’ll be getting into!

I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon! \o/

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll get to reading!

I promised the Mrs I’d take her out tomorrow evening so I probably won’t be around. I’ll find one of you guys when I’m online next though.

x

2 Likes

We return to Razor Hill today after a successful campaign with the Ashen Bulwark against the brutal centaur Khan and his Mongrel Horde allies on their isle full of Azerite! \o/

1 Like

Red Blades are at the Orgrimmar Recruitment Faire, met lots of cool orcs who I’m pleased to say are new members!! Lok’tar!

Kosh’harg is just around the corner, if you want a home for your orc, then give us a try. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’re gradually making our way up to Garadar for the Kosh’harg! We had a stop in Thrallmar and we’re currently in Shattrah, preparing for a stop at Shadowmoon Valley for supplies… What awaits us in that broken fel-scaped land? Who knows!

4 Likes

A trip to shadowmoon they said. It’ll be fine they said. All the brown orcs are turning green.
Come check us out in nagrand after the decontamination.

1 Like

Wowee, post has been updated and it’s looking mighty fine. Awesome work Koz!

2 Likes

The wonders that a surprise level 3 forum rank can do to a weathered, old post!

5 Likes

hahaa I don’t even know how the forum levels work… Looking good at any rate!

1 Like

Looking good. Wish I could figure this out. I have the level but not the button unless it is just code to use.

1 Like

There’s a guide that helps explain most of it, down below. Though for some reason, the OP of this thread needs to be formatted from front to end in HTML, including some of the scripts that should be automated. Maybe because this thread got copied over from the old forums, or something. Anyway, shouldn’t be an issue for newer posts!

3 Likes