[Goblin/Gnome/N-RP] B.O.O.M.T.E.C. Incorporated - Better Living Through Neutrality!

We are still recruiting all! You can often find us in Orgrimmar when we aren’t exploring Azeroth. Feel free to poke us IC or in whisper and we will be happy to welcome you in!

5 Likes

Big props to Letzy and Traut for organizing an awesome event down in the Harbour, on the hunt for Letzy’s irradiated hound Betzy!
In true Bilgewater fashion the 10,000g reward really was too good to be true, but sometimes the satisfaction of murdering zombified scientists, a two-headed helhound and a really big ugly worm is its own reward.

2 Likes

A local mechanic who will go by G had this to say about the nights events:

"IT’S ALL BURNING! Put it out! NO! Not the oil line! NO! THE RESTAURANT! All my effort! REDUCED TO AAAAAASH!"

A full inquiry and report of the damages will be provided to both the Battalion as well as the Bilgewater Internal affairs.

2 Likes

The Bilgewater Battalion will soon be departing for Uldum alongside the Arclight Association as we take chase against the Mechagon fanatics who seek to power up the Forge of Origination and achieve their late Kings goal! A lot of building work is to be done if we are to establish a forward base, but first we need to sneak past their defences aboard an unassuming vessel!

In the meantime, The Bilgewater Battalion are still recruiting Goblins, Forsaken and Orcs! Maybe your Goblin wants to make a bit of moolah with the military? How about a Forsaken, having lost their Queen, seeking a new purpose amongst the lively Goblins who will allow them to continue doing their work as they did before? And Orcs? Well, money’s a motivator, and who doesn’t like having brains AND brawn?

Join up today, for there are Vulpera and sweet sweet heritage armour on the horizon!

3 Likes

It’s safe to say that what started well went downhill fast for the Battalion during their joint efforts in Uldum alongside the Arclight Association. Letzy was frozen solid as soon as we arrived, we scoured the tomb of an obelisk and almost brought the entire structure down. Annoyed a sun god and made an escape by ATV just to find out that the Superintendent of Arclight HERSELF was mechanized and has been spying on us and helping us play right into the enemies hands against her will all along!

We need reinforcements, so join TODAY! (or tomorrow, or some time soon!)

Happy New Year everyone! And with a new year it’s high time that we welcomed some new faces to the Battalion, the Vulpera!

Yes, leading up to 8.3 we’re going to be doing some events in Vol’dun and Nazmir where the Battalion aid a group of Vulpera who had taken their caravan to carry supplies in aid of Talanji’s Expedition, only to never arrive at their destination. Zandalari soldiers nor the cunning Vulpera have managed to brave the swamps of Nazmir, so the Voldunai turn to us Bilgewaters and our technology to lend a hand in finding the lost caravan.

This will not only be our way of introducing the Vulpera to the concept of joining the Battalion and aiding the Bilgewater military, but we also have plenty of rogues on hand who can use the glyph of disguise to let you set up your Vulpera and get some early Vulpera RP in before 8.3, so that your character is already established when the patch drops!

We’re very much looking forward to the next few weeks of RP, between this expedition, Goblin heritage giving our Goblins some sweet armour and a bit of a rank reshuffle that we hope will give you and your character a sense of progression in our guild, but enough of that, here’s a bit of a guide to the Battalion and how your Vulpera can fit in:

Why should my Vulpera join the Bilgewater Battalion?

• The Vulpera are a typically mercantile race just as the Goblins are, both races are intelligent and capable of surviving in harsh climates and places which other races wouldn’t usually inhabit. We also have the same model rigging which very much helps the concept of working alongside Goblins!
  • During multiple Voldunai quests, the Vulpera are shown to be interested by the Bilgewater Cartels methods and how reckless yet brutally efficient Goblin technology is. Bilgewater Goblins have also been shown to be operating on the coast alongside the Reliquary and doing archaeology just as the Vulpera do. Whether it is scavenging discarded Goblin tech or watching Goblin zeppelins, airships and giant robotic constructs roar over the sands; it’s easy to give your Vulpera a keen interest in the Bilgewater Cartel due to a fascination with our technology and the way the Goblins survive and prosper!
  • Also, don’t forget that the Bilge Rats are one of the most feared pirate crews on the seas around Kul Tiras. Not all Vulpera chose to continue to struggle to survive on the dunes of Vol’dun, and people such as Captain Eudora and her crew synergize with the cutthroat, big weapon toting style of Goblins more than anyone! Bilge Rats Rule!

What role my Vulpera play in the Bilgewater Battalion?

The Vulpera, if you look at them, actually have exactly the same set of classes as Goblins due to their entire rigging being based on Goblin models; your Vulpera could fulfil any role in the Battalion just as well as us Goblins do, but here are a few specific, interesting plothooks:

• Vulpera scavenge whatever they can to survive, and technology is no exception; your Vulpera could join in as a scavenger and fighter for the Battalion due to either gaining an interest in Goblin technology or just being lured in by the concept of being PAID to scavenge!
  • Between environmental engineers and various technologies, the Goblins have dominated the dunes of Tanaris and bunkered down in the frigid cold of Winterspring and the Storm Peaks. There is a lot for a Vulpera to learn about new ways to survive from Goblins and their allies, as well as our unique means of manipulating the arcane and the elements to work in our advantage which goes well with the Vulpera mindset.
  • Also, don’t forget that the Captain is a warlock! If you’re looking for your Vulpera to become invested in the dark arts of warlockery or even necromancy, Captain Trautfizzle is your guy, he’ll teach anyone, as long as they can pay up with coin or by working for the Battalion…

We hope to see you, whether you join us as a Goblin, VULPERA, Orc or Forsaken before or during 8.3!

5 Likes

I was kicking around an idea for my Vulpera and how he’d find himself on Horde lands. Thought I might ask if you’d be up for me including you in to my Vulpera’s story, so to speak.

Basically could I hang with you on my soon-to-be Vulpera and his Roleplay story?

What are the general activity patterns of the battalion these days? By this I mean are there specific days or times you’re more active, and where?

I ask because I have a few goblin characters and whilst I don’t RP on all of them, some of them I do, and I wouldn’t mind investigating something more structured.

Thing is I’m a “part time” RPer as I’m fairly active in mythic+ most weekdays but not so much weekends.

Anyone’s welcome to join in! We’ll likely be setting off next week and will be on our little expedition over the weekend; looking forward to seeing you in Vol’dun/Nazmir!

I’m currently doing my Masters degree so on some nights I’m not on, but various events are on sporadically throughout the week depending on when guild members put them up, but major guild events are always on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays- we’d love to have you along for the ride!

I’ll be making a Vulpera when the patch hits, so not gonna be joining that time. But I will track you down around more domestic locales

1 Like

I decided to hop online to see if there’s anyone from the guild online to talk to and… Not having much luck so far, everyone’s been offline for the four separate times I tried checking.

Hopefully I’ll meet someone from the guild eventually!
Edit: Found someone!

1 Like

I hope you found the answers you were looking for, sorry if the help was not satisfactory.

2 Likes

It was perfectly alright. I appreciate the talk we had.

1 Like

Hey, mooks. Join the Battalion. Unlike those other organisations and milit’ry goons, we has health insurance!

Dunno what that means?

Well, if yous lose an arm, we grafts a new one on for yous! Could be robotic and fires bullets!*

Doesn’t that sound awesome?

*Mechanical limbs are not guaranteed, may not have inbuilt machine guns, and have a 50% chance of exploding. But it’s worth it for a sweet robot arm!

5 Likes

Sign me up for that! … In three days.

1 Like

On the first day Letzy almost sailed us off to Uldum, we faced off against some haughty Zandalari and took down a Devilsaur whilst the Captain tried to find his bearings.

On the second day we left our little headhunters lodge having stolen a Gnome head and all packed into a dingy canoe, only to be swept to the other shore by our own shredder as we fought our way through the swamps and discovered that the Sethrak had handed the Vulpera we were after to the Blood Trolls for their rituals!

And now, on the third day, after a thrilling fight in Zalamar against ritualists, powerful warriors and a giant bat which ended in the Blood Trolls being defeated by fire mixing with tar, we escaped to Vol’dun and reunited Kinoro, our Vulperan Emissary and all but one of the lost caravan Vulpera with the rest of the Voldunai. The Vulpera are thankful for the Battalions aid, and some of them are most definitely thinking of joining us if the Vulpera ever join the Horde (wink wink)!

We can’t wait for 8.3, and with introductions made, we hope you think about joining the Bilgewater Battalion as a Vulpera or even a Goblin with the new Goblin heritage armour!

3 Likes

As the Battalion begin to recruit and train Vulpera, we also begin to revel in this sweet new heritage armour! Goblin, Vulpera, Orc or Forsaken, now is the BEST time to join the Bilgewater Battalion!

3 Likes

If you want to find the Battalion to be recruited or chill with us, some of us will be having a little meeting and RPing in Orgrimmar tonight!

1 Like

I urge my dear vulperan people to join this fine lot. There will be great adventure and bountiful loot ahead of us!

For the Horde!

1 Like

So far my impressions are positive and I have no regerts making a Vulpera solely to join this guild.

1 Like