[H] The Hundred Companions - for War Mode Horde

Frustrated at getting no help when an Alliance raid shows up on your doorstep? Don’t be like poor Rastakhan. Join The Hundred Companions and make sure that when the Alliance come along, you give as good as you get.

The premise of the community is simple. Horde players with War Mode on help each other. If you are willing to do that, join this community. When someone in the community asks for help, we stand together to defend as one (sorry Anduin).

What we expect from you if you’re joining the community:

1. Have a 120 character with War Mode on all the time.
  2. If you’re in Zuldazar, and not in some instance or leveling, help out by joining a raid for the sake of any who call for help. (And the same goes for anyone in Kul Tiras)
  3. Be fun to be around, non-toxic, and so forth.

What to expect from us:

1. To be helped out.
  2. To be welcomed in the community.
  3. To get exclusive perks (see below).

So about the perks: the community will have a discord and we will hold giveaways. This Sunday we will hold giveaways for Blizzard Gift Cards. The giveaways will be frequent, and hopefully an additional delight to any and all who join the community. The giveaways come as a perk with no strings or requirements attached other than being part of the community.

Discord will also be used to communicate about defensive/counterattack raids in WPVP.

Here is the invite link:

For The Horde!

4 Likes

Good news! Now we have almost 100 community members! Also we are developing very useful addon for War Mode and mutual aid. Join our community via the link and check it right now :slight_smile: Welcome!

Hello everyone, we’re at 300 members and growing now. We’ve expanded into doing more activities. We plan to set up an RBG team soon and have already started running Mythic+ in earnest.

The above invite link may have expired, so here is a new one:

Also feel free to reach me on Discord Gotama#0052

1 Like

How WPvP active is this community? I want to have it on my list of War Mode guilds and communities, if WPvP is at least semi-regular.

Great to hear I love war mode on. wpvp and doing rgbs !!!

invitation is expired

Dam, I will have to remove it from my wpvp guild and community list then. I’ll add it back in, if invite link fixed.

Oh, did you try the second inv link?

It still says Expired :frowning:

Ok thx, that’s a shame :frowning:

If someone creates a Horde WPvP community - I’ll help promote it on my WPvP guild and community list, and elsewhere.

It’s not too hard to create a WPvP community and get some members via the forums. And LfG is a great place to recruit as well. Much easier than guild recruitment. You can do it! I created an Alliance WPvP community, check it out if you have an Alliance char. I made the mistake of mass inv via LfG and capped the 1000 member limit, then had to remove 900 that seemed inactive lol. Better to post your ad here, then selectively invite members that seem WPvP active. My community is small, but can be possible to have a full WPvP party at times, and use LfG to pad out numbers + recruit. Create your own Horde WPvP community, it’s easy, I’ll help promote it!

IF YOU CREATE A COMMUNITY AND ADVERTISE IT IN FORUM - I SUGGEST YOU SET YOUR INVITE LINK TO NEVER EXPIRE! YOU CAN DO THAT WHEN CREATING THE INVITE.

Hey there Altarboy! Thanks for your interest. As of now we do have regular RBGs, and we’ve eased off on world pvp - but we do have plan on bringing it back in a big way. It’s just that our members were more interested in Raids, M+ and RBGs so we started doing more of those.

The problem with world pvp is that it can be unreliable - you can form a wpvp raid and waste time scouring the globe for alliance to kill and find close to none (it all depends on the raid leader’s shard - you would need to explore different shards before “striking gold” by finding enough war mode allies).

That said, you are very welcome to join our community. At the very least we have RBGs to offer (led by an experienced RBG player) and we’ll look into how to bring back world pvp in a way that makes it fun for all involved.

Here’s an invite code for you and others that are interested. The other one expired because it was deleted in-game.

1 Like

I hope you find a way to do more WPvP in future, possibly 8.2 will be more WPvP active.

With my WPvP community, it’s ad hoc small scale at the moment. A member usually finds a spot with enemies then asks for group. Would love to have events with enemy WPvP communities/guilds though. If you ever become more WPvP active, please let me know and I’ll add you to my list of WPvP communities.

Thank you Vaeyn. I event went so far as to have an addon developed for war mode and world pvp. It would announce your death (if incurred at the hands of the enemy faction) in a community channel with your coordinates, and allow people to join using a special command. I just hope Blizzard makes wpvp more rewarding and that sharding issues are fixed.

1 Like

Eh… is that addon on Curse? Sounds awesome!

I want an addon to show an icon above enemy guild/community members head, maybe show number of kills dealt/received from that player beside icon. Maybe could be a plugin for Spy addon, it can detect specific enemy players with a Kill on Sight list, and players in their same guild. I am too lazy to make it!

Sharding is for sure an issue for community. If there were enough WPVP guilds and communities, maybe sharding could be used as an extremely difficult guild hunting challenge, or possibly fair fight events despite sharding.