[H/A-RP] The Fourth Grand World Tournament 🏆 [July 5th-9th]]

Important announcement for all signed on to compete with any event!

To facilitate the cross-faction nature of the games we’ll be using an in-game community. Note. We will still be inviting participants to groups against our signup lists. We will also not be using or moderating the in-game community’s chat as if we could, we’d turn it off. We just want to easily be able to invite you to cross-faction groups.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-gb/invite/qgwbgXoTxy7?region=EU&faction=Horde

2 Likes

And to help facilitate that feeling of community…

Beer! :beers:

Imgur

The Morodnir will be running a moving beer-stand throughout the event, hope to see you there!

3 Likes

Second post!

I should add…

Trader stall: Morod Ales - Beers that reflect the many flavors of Khaz Modan, made in Kragfoot Breweries.

1 Like

Hello, great initiative c:
Here’s my application, im ready in case someone else decides to not partake!

IC Name: John
OOC Name: Compliant
OOC Faction: Alliance
Events Signed Up For: Archery Contest

3 Likes

Today is the day! We start tonight at 20:00 server time outside the gates of the coliseum for the opening ceremony and we’ll then begin the Evocation contest at 20:45 over at the ranged target area! The Cathedral Chapter’s sermon will begin at 21:00 at the stage beside the Champion’s Ring!

Please if you’re signed up to any event remember to join the community so we can get you in to the cross-faction groups: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-gb/invite/qgwbgXoTxy7?region=EU&faction=Horde

We’re looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!

7 Likes

Turnout’s been amazing so far and I think I’m not alone in saying the organisation and hosting’s off to an awesome start! Evocation contest was an absolute (arcane) blast! :heart: :heart:

1 Like

The second day is here! First of all, congratulations to the medal winners of last night’s Evocation Contest!
1st: Darius Feanarius Eulendore
2nd: Verenne Sunthistle
3rd: Kreha’daras Phoenix

A massive thank you as well to everyone who attended and took part in last night’s competition! Full results here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQ2MEk5udeiuEOucEJhC0rtkFY2cpGE7jN8SzEpg6k3hQv4oisrz1mQto6qFMvYS3AQBrFMp-bCod1X/pubhtml

Also we’d like to thank the Cathedral Chapter for their sermon and blessings session last night, and all the traders who set up shop around the Coliseum grounds.

Tonight’s event is Archery! We’ll be gathering briefly for announcements at 20:00 outside the Argent Pavilion, then heading over to the ranged target area for Archery at a prompt 20:30 start time.

We will also have two talks, “The Silence of Horses : Secrets of the Voiceless Eloquents” with Lady Dairin Soltalon at 20:15 and “The History of the Argent Crusade” with Chronicler Meng Jo, at 21:30, both at the stage beside the Champion’s Ring!

Please if you’re signed up to any event, especially Archery tonight, remember to join the community so we can get you in to the cross-faction groups: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-gb/invite/qgwbgXoTxy7?region=EU&faction=Horde

4 Likes

Thank you to my follow competitors who participated in the Archery Competition. It was a delight to be able to participate together with the rest of you, and be able to refresh my outdated skillset of archery. It was quite entertaining, and I was pleasantly surprised to manage to reach a 4th place ranking among others who stood to fire an arrow - and I respectfully bow to the factual evidence that the three higher ranked were within the trade of Archery or Marksmanship.

I bid you all a good tournament, and hope to see you among the crowd once more. Safe journey to you all.

Signed,

Director Jeremy S. Lochton
Alliance Salvaging And Procurement

1 Like

The third day is here! First of all, congratulations to the medal winners of last night’s Archery Contest!
1st: Dun’canduil Sunpiercer
2nd: Isidis Dawnthread
3rd: Cristana Silverthorn

A massive thank you as well to everyone who attended and took part in last night’s competition! Full results here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRNRM5bdHVFfx-fKn3a5JkSyQfZrH8cDJv57s0bn27oWc-2JP4WMo2wdrg7HKhRDDlo_5uEq5DRDnZQ/pubhtml

We’d like to thank Dairin Soltalon for her talk, “The Silence of Horses : Secrets of the Voiceless Eloquents” and Chronicler Meng Jo for their talk, “The History of the Argent Crusade”. They went above and beyond with the quality of their talks.

Tonight’s event is the Traditional Joust! We’ll be gathering briefly for announcements at 20:00 outside the Argent Pavilion, then heading over to the Champion’s Ring for a prompt 20:30 start time.

We will also have two events, The Poetry Appreciation Society [N-RP-Argent Tournament Grounds] Poetry Appreciation Society (#144) - Fri 7/7 📜 (!RELOCATED!) at the Stage immediately following the announcements and a feast of mixed Elven cultures with the Eternal Association following on from that, also at the stage.

Please if you’re signed up to any event, especially tonight’s joust, remember to join the community so we can get you in to the cross-faction groups: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-gb/invite/qgwbgXoTxy7?region=EU&faction=Horde

4 Likes

Psst, this list of winners is from the evocation contest!

My gang is enjoying the tournament so far, looking forward to the exciting conclusion!

2 Likes

We’re on the penultimate day now! First of all, congratulations to the medal winners of last night’s Traditional Joust!
1st: Jacques Deemster
2nd: Raelyn Dawnwalker
3rd: Kaleidos

A massive thank you as well to everyone who attended and took part in last night’s competition! Full results here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRTySqqsKzIGjpQBqmPw3QuAbuQFLEnHodGGArND0lkrhGTMvnj6v-98johiyVq7uQ5wnpr4j9DapHV/pubhtml

We’d like to thank the Poetry Appreciation society for holding their regular meeting at the tournament, and the Eternal Association for their Elven cultures feast!

Tonight’s event is the Duels! We’ll be gathering briefly for announcements at 20:00 outside the Argent Pavilion. We will then ask competitors to go Immediately to whomever invites them to a raid group. We will need to use multiple arenas to cover the number of people in the competition competing. Those on the waiting list should remain at the Pavilion until invited to a group.

IC every competitor will have recieved a small badge that lights up to indicate where to go, even if they are on the waiting list. This will act as the IC version of this necessity. Sorry if it’s a little immersion-breaking, this is already a massive amount of work as is for us and we need to simplify where we can.

We will also have Derenly Winterdawn performing at the stage at 20:30!

Please if you’re signed up to the duels, remember to join the community so we can get you in to the cross-faction groups: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-gb/invite/qgwbgXoTxy7?region=EU&faction=Horde

2 Likes

The joust was really fun. Thanks for organising it!

We’re on the final day now! First of all, congratulations to the medal winners of last night’s Duels!
1st: Cei
2nd: Zeanne Lightspear
3rd: Olaf Anvilhearth the Hogshead

A massive thank you as well to everyone who attended and took part in last night’s competition! Full results here: https://challonge.com/GWT4Duels

We’d like to thank Derenly for their performance as well!

Tonight’s event is the Argent Joust! We’ll be gathering briefly for announcements at 20:00 outside the Argent Pavilion. We’ll then ask the riders gather a Tournament mount and meet us back there, with the competition itself in the Champion’s Ring

We will also close the tournament at 23:00 in the Coliseum!

Please if you’re signed up to the Argent Joust, remember to join the community so we can get you in to the cross-faction groups: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-gb/invite/qgwbgXoTxy7?region=EU&faction=Horde

1 Like

Hello! A late sign up for the joust this evening!

IC Name: Ballad
OOC Name: Ballad
OOC Faction: Alliance
Events Signed Up For: Argent Joust

A great big thank you to the organisers, traders, judges, participants and everyone who showed up. <3 It was a memorable and awesome event, my character made a bunch of new contacts and participated in two contests.

THANK YOU! I look forward to next year. :dizzy: :heart:

2 Likes

This was one of the best Grand World Tourneys I’ve been to so far! Kudos to all the organizers and those who initiated to help along! It was a nice initiative, it’s people like you lots that keep the RP community up the mud!

And big thanks to all those I’ve met in the tournament, y’all were all nice! I can’t wait for next year, I hope you get your well-deserved rest!

FORGE AND FURY!

4 Likes

First and foremost. A massive thank you for the kind words and attending. People showing up and enjoying themselves is why the event is ran at all. It’s impossible to run an event like this without people to enjoy it, so thank you for everything.

Second, the winners of the final contest, the Argent Joust!
1st: Sir Gavin the Gallant
2nd: Elesserine Sunward Hawksong
3rd: Sir Darius Agrovane

A massive congratulations to all of them, and a thank you to everyone who took part in the contest. You can find the results here: https://challonge.com/GWT4ArgentJoust

We’d also like to thank the traders and bartenders who kept the tournament vibrant across the five days, offering everything from clothes to machines to as one would expect, plenty of food and drink. It’d not feel the same without their contributions as a living, breathing event.

We’d also like to thank those who gave talks or performed during the event for their amazing contributions to the themes of the event, and allowing people to enjoy and learn something new.

• The Cathedral Chapter
  • Dairin Soltalon
  • Chronicler Meng Jo
  • The Poetry Appreciation Society
  • The Eternal Association
  • Derenly Winterdawn
  • Kragfoot Breweries

And finally a huge thank you to those who volunteered their time to make all the games possible and work (relatively) smoothly. Without them it’d have never been possible to entertain everyone, and to provide games of the same quality.

• Zerphan Bladeguard
  • Brimaz Bronzeforge
  • Darius Agrovane
  • Izyra Cinderspear
  • Dairin Soltalon

Thank you once again for coming and enjoying the event!

9 Likes

I just want to thank folks that organised and attended this tournament, its things like these that make a server feel alive still. And although Des has not won any of the official competitions, I daresay he won the true contest: The Sulfuron Slammer Shot contest hosted by the Dwarves of the Morodnir :sunglasses:

1 Like

Big thanks for hosting all this! Was a great event.

Had a lot of fun watching Meng Jo’s speech and seeing Sir Gavin win his second jousting gold medal!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.