Has the PVP Quest for the Critter Week been nerfed too far?

I dont concur with that.
In Legion when they said BFA will have new charms
I transfered all my charms into the purple stones
and I havent leveled a single pet since then.

And no I dont think that the quest change lowered the numbers
of people playing pet pvp but that there is a direct correlation
between subs and players.

If a player was fresh to pet battles right now the 25 stones would not be a viable way to level pets up en mass.
If you had a large amount of charms pre bfa then it’s safe to assume you had most pets already at level 25. You’re hardly leveling hundreds of pets in a short period.
If you had to level up 100 pets with limited game time and did not have a stockpile of charms or stones what is the fastest method?

If someone who only queues during Critter week because they have the quest only receives one quest now. There will be less players queuing during Critter week. This is the change that this post is highlighting.

It seems that most of the weekly events are designed to entice less active players to try out whatever’s in the spotlight. For a more engaged individual, a piece of gear* or a bunch of Timewalking badges will be just as little incentive as a pet stone (there is never enough Honor!).
That being said, during pet event, I think everyone can level a lot of pets with just the background bonus. I would not deny just like to the folks here it’s a surprise to me the stones are still sought for, but I know of people who really hate levelling because they collect more than battle and wish the purple stones were available through bags or WQs.

If it’s to be assumed these are the people who join during the event, then I am not sure what to conclude about this. To me at least, fighting two tamers and then something (if without the hat), or even just doing a little pruning of the wild seems far easier that winning 5 PvP battles if I had only like 20 pets, even if there are only so many trainers available. Is there anyone but an already sworn PvPer who thinks the opposite? :woman_shrugging:

*a point about gearing alts will apply there, though, and would be a certain analogy, but I am that kind of person who gets burned out fast, so YMMV.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.