Have not played for a while

Hello!

Hope you’re all well. I stopped playing during Legion (don’t think I even finished it but I don’t know if that matters) - I bought BOA but I’ve been playing on and off, so I got to a point where I was level 113? And just did quests and got to a different area and stopped there (albeit I kept playing on and off).

I don’t know if I should start again or at least try to max? My friends don’t play WoW and well I kind of wanted to play an MMORPG again, but I don’t wanna play alone so will it still be fun if I’m doing quests and stuff alone or should I not get into it? I have no idea how the raids are what mythic+'s are and so on lol im totally crap at the game so once I do start it becomes overwhelming.

SO yeah TL;DR, dont know if I should get into it, too much to learn in terms of mythic+'s raiding, once reaching level 120+ what’s the next goal? And so on and so forth and the gearing is quite different compared to other games in terms of what the best gear is and how its obtained etc lol (I only do PVE not PVP) :slight_smile:

I think I also get put off by the fact that I can’t fly in BOA lol

1 Like

Welcome back!

I don’t know what to tell you, because I don’t know what you like.

You only played WoW during Legion? What did you like about it? What have you liked in other MMOs? Questing? Dungeons? Raids? Something else?

You might try joining a Community, like this one, which is very friendly:

But whatever you do, you will probably have to get to 120 to join in. Almost everyone who plays is at 120, and it’s hard to arrange parties for people below that, because they will be at different levels.

Gearing up at the moment after hitting 120 is mostly handled by questing in the new zones Nazjatar and Mechagon, which give very fast catch-up gear. After that, you would go on to high level (Mythic-Plus) dungeons and raids, ranging from a very easy, queued Looking for Raid, through three other levels of raid.

If that doesn’t convince you, you might also consider waiting for Classic, which launches end of August. Much more with the questing, but also dungeons, and we all hope it will attract a much more social community (after the first weeks of mass overcrowding and chaos lol)

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve come back for the first time since MoP and I’ve been at level 120 for less than 24 hours and my ilevel is around 400 as Najzatar/World Quests/Heroics have boosted me up so quickly.

Give it a go and enjoy it!

Does it take long to get to 120? From 112?

Does it take long to get to 120 from 112?

Im into getting powerful and getting good gear and seeing my character develop!!! I don’t mind raiding as well but i dont know how it works on WoW if you have to wait a week or what per raid… and mythics tooo etc

There is always crazy ppl who lv up even now like me xD I have void at 116 lv still lv up. Want to lv up so many chars I want play before lv squish … I think then will be hardcore to lv u char. Do not be fooled by numbers it is all about % :weary:

What’s lvl squish and what do you mean %? Haha I find it so long to get to 112 to 120… puts me off

Soon it will be cap lv at 60. So I think it will be harder to lv up char to max lv.

Wait why, level 60? Thats insane I thought you can buy or level up to minimum 110 then start from there to 120

In next expansion they think to squish lv how I hear. For lv char use expedition que is 1 min, it is quick and exp flow like river I l lv up like that mine war I did nto do any q lol xD

Haha that level squish sounds stupid!

And okay sure will that take long from 112-120? XD

I dont know how you have problem to lv up from 110 to 120. It can be done in day xD

1 Like

Oxine, you’re confusing him with speculations about things that may happen next expansion. :stuck_out_tongue:

The question is about THIS WEEK: how long does it take to level 112-120?

The answer is: it probably will take you between one and two hours per level.

2 Likes

Hahhahaah I always do that sorry :disappointed_relieved: :joy:
@ Felangundelf turn your wm on 30% exp :star_struck:

1 Like

Hahaha I dunno man I thought I had to quest the whole of BOA expansion to get to 120 I didn’t know I could skip the quests and just do the thing you said instances and just level up lol

Also what is the 30% xp lmaooo

@Grainne lol! yeah I’m definitely confused and sorry for being annoying.

Not used to WoW like I am with others - I may give it a go… I’m still deciding lol

As I nice nighelf say above me I m confusing you hahahah xD I with war just did few q and go to expedition. But later I done just few q from zones and unlock all campaign q. But belive me it is quick with island expeditions or use this option for timewalking que is quick to and you can buy armor with badges at cap lv 120 to boost you little with ilvl. 30% works for me at Alliance it is good bonus.

Ah I see so I don’t have to do all the main quests or quests really… that takes a while which put me off in the beginning lol

Thanks for all the help guys

You can’t do Island Expeditions until you unlock them, which I think is at 116 and requires some progress in the War Campaign, IIRC. You’re thinking of alts of people who have already unlocked them. (And already, how Kafkaesque is this game?)

The LFD queue, whether Normal of Timewalking, can be used to get XP, sure, but since Felangundelf doesn’t have a main that has already unlocked World Quests, he needs to so at least enough questing in each zone to get to Friendly with all three factions (and again, did I mention Kafkaesque?)

War mode is an option. Depends on luck then whether you will just level faster or walk into a bunch of enemies and stay dead all your life. If you like PvP, you can put War Mode on in Stormwind and go out into the world with only other people who have War Mode on. Of course, as a clueless newbie lebelling, you will be a free kill for any Horde player who sees you

Goodness me, I think my skip out then! I think its overwhelming and so much to do haha and I think I’m right in the fact that I have to get ++++ REP to unlock flying, just read that now.

Don’t think I have the patience for it. :frowning:

Oh, you need a LOT of rep grind to get flying. Getting Friendly as you level just gets you a convenient taxi to flight points, and opens World Qiests at 120 so you can get gear and artefact power.

That doesn’t get you anywhere near flying.

To get flying, you need six times that amount of rep with … I think we’re up to 7 factions now, not just the three in the questing zones. And you have to complete almost all quests in the zones. And an irrelevant laundry-list of other nonsense stuff.

Don’t kid yourself - flying means putting significant time in.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the answer!

So I think after reading that has ultimately put me off and I won’t be resubbing! Haha I played a bit before Legion and flying was fun and I enjoyed that aspect, but if I can’t do that and quest and get to where I want and enjoy the game how I want it to be played instead of grinding reps to earn something that I already should be doing! Is definitely not for me…

I’ll look at other games and see what hits my taste because WoW seems quite lengthy right now and too many restrictions it seems!

Glad I posted here before resubbing.

2 Likes