Havoc Damage Needs a buff

So currently im 227 ilvl, my main focus is Rated Bg’s . i have gone over 2.4k so far this season,

Chaos strike is the most underwhelming button to push as i don’t see the enemy hp bar move in the slightest. Glave tempest is literally the only ability that makes hp bars move.

Chaos Strike needs a huge buff and blade dance a resource cost lowering to make us somewhat viable as a dps. Yes our utility is amazing in rbg . but please help our damage out

2 Likes

Let’s think about it for a moment Chaos strike main hand dmg is about 1.7/2k dmg off hand is 1.1/1.4k dmg total 3.4 in the best
My monk blackout kick is 2.7/3.2k rising sun kick is 6.8/7.3k in the good days
My dh eye beam is 620 crit dmg
My fist of fury is 1.4 on crit
So where is the difference in this
And then let’s someone come and tell me dh is fine bdw the both classes have similar gear for now

You can check my Wishlist ideas for Demon hunter Wishlist ideas (I Wrote quite a lot but im very frustrated right now)

1 Like

are you aware of the fact that eye beam ticks 72 times in 1 second and has a 100% crit chance? you are comparing it to a single hit ability that doesn’t always crit. thats like saying chaos bolt is 8k, drain soul is 500, so destro is 16 times stronger than aff. kek.

1 Like

you know that eye beam deals 10 ticks over the duration (or 15 ticks with Blind fury) right?

No it doesn’t. It ticks exactly 10 times over it’s duration or 15 times with blind fury, for a grand total of 120% attack power damage, or 180% with blind fury.

Yes, and he is comparing 1 tick of eye beam to 1 tick of fists of fury, in absolute number value, trying to imply that eye beam is weaker than fists. this is exactly what i imagined DH forums would be like. i love this place lol

Can’t comment on PVP, I don’t play it. But let me share the Halls of Atonement +14 i ran 5 min ago.

On last boss:
Shadow Priest: 226 ilvl, 8151 dps
Me, as Havoc DH: 216 ilvl (226 and 223 ilvl weapons), 5185 dps
MM Hunter: 200 ilvl (184 ilvl weapon), 4981 dps.
the tank monk: 215 ilvl, 4509 dps.

Ok, the SPriest had some incredible gear, understandable, although doing almost 60% more dps for 10 ilvl difference is a bit too much. But a hunter with 16 ilvl less than me, whose weapon was so much lower than mine, doing almost the exact same dps (4% difference), or even a TANK doing similar dps?

On overall dps it was 6738 for SPriest, 5744 for me, 4896 for the hunter.

How is it possible for the class designers to see this crap and say “it’s ok, working as inteded”?

1 Like

Imply? Fists of fury can be used while moving, can’t be kicked and in pvp gives you 100% parry. There’s no need to imply anything lmao. It’s outright better. It also costs no resource.

1 Like

The 100% parry is a pvp talent that:

1. makes it have 100% parry
  2. slow targets hit by 90%
  3. deals max damage to secondary target.

(In addition to using it while moving)
Really powerful if you ask me.

1 Like

It costs 3 chi, making it literally the most expensive ability in a windwalker’s entire toolkit. Even if it did cost nothing, which is the exact opposite of the reality, it would STILL be worse than eye beam which not only costs nothing, it FILLS your entire resource bar from totally empty to absolutely full in 0.9 sec, AND triggers your main dps cooldown for free.
My guy i gotta admit, i came to the DH forums to troll but i legit cant tell who’s trolling anymore lmao. wp.

You need 2 talents to do that and to be honest they both fit their classes

most DH want 2 changes to eye beam

1. uninterruptble
  2. pvp talent to slow targets hit

And a lot of Demon hunters also want Demonic baseline which (i think) is too OP.

Hm let’s see in one hand we have eaebeam 620 crit 10or15 ticks overall 6200/ 9300 dmg 30sec cd 30fury
And then we have fist of fury non crits 650/700 dmg crits 1400/2500 with some procs
24sec cd 4sec channeled 3chi I’m not in the game right now to tell the number of hits but let’s not forget monk can 3x fist of fury whit storm earth and fire active so yes there’s is nothing to compare here imagine dh whit 2x collective anguish every 1.5 min
You say eaebeam boost dh (if he spect in demonic talent) yes I’m totally agree with you but in 10 sec window who class do you think will pull most dmg empowered dh whit 2 blade dances and 2-3 chaos stricke or monk with fist of fury, rising sun kick and wirlnd dragon punch x3

fists of fury is 4 ticks. (1 every sec)

There really is no comparison or need to debate here.

This is reality: eye beam does 120% dmg or 180% with blind fury, damage reduced against multiple targets.

Fists of fury deal 600% of attack power in damage, and reduced damage capped up to 5 targets. It ticks 5 times, not 4.

Eye beam can be interrupted, does not provide defensive power in pvp and cannot be channeled while moving.

It’s all so simple.

Wrong. Also kickable.

The DPS cooldown that makes us the worst ST class in the game? Lul. Yeah so powerful.

I am shocked

I still cant tell if you’re trolling or not lol. OK, you’re right, eye beam is super weak, remove it from your bars, its not worth pressing. Then keep coming to the forums and asking why your DH is not doing damage and blaming Blizzard lul

I guess it shouldn’t be surprising that a troll also commits logical fallacies.

In your case, Strawman.

The best DH in the world would barely be top 20% with his DPS in the Warlock rankings. It has nothing to do with skill, it’s a numbers issue. Hence asking for buffs.

You’re really bad at this troll thing.

You have a lot of attitude for being the guy who pulled “fists of fury is free, making it better than the very expensive eye beam”. Maybe focus on

1. putting all your dps buttons on your bars, and
  2. actually pressing them

before having an opinion on cross-class balance and how the game should be designed.

Maybe you look at logs and stop pushing some fictional reality as fact.

Pretty sure the DHs raiding Mythic and getting 99 parses know the game better than you.

But I’m sure some rando Shaman from a #3000 guild can give them tips.