Hello from Canada! New to server

Oh, absolutely. It’s usually fairly easy to tell (you know, if it’s clear they’re all part of the same guild), but A+ advice nontheless! :smiley:

1 Like

Time to start the hazing.

I’ll get the sausage jar, goldshire magazine, yeti onesie etc…

Concisely, there are more Alliances players but they’re spread around in a few zones. You might meet different people on a campaign who are utterly different to those in Stormwind. Horde is more guild-orientated but the guilds tend to be projects with real longevity that cater to their members - a lot of Horde communities have been going for years.

We don’t really practice this too much (esp. as compared to Moonguard US) - adherence to Blizzard’s canon - no matter how awful that can get, is usually the norm. People leave plenty of room to operate within that though, so don’t limit yourself to whatever sparse dialog arrives every patch.

You might get a bit of derision if you go this way, to be honest. There’s running jokes about people who try to circumvent the lore in bizarre ways. Particular one about a noble from Duskwood saying he was gunna take Stormwind with “200 swords” springs to mind off the top of my head.

AFAIK;
Alliance: Duskwood, Stormwind, Redridge, Feathermoon Stronghold.
Horde: Orgrimmar (Valley of Honour & Cleft of Shadows). Silvermoon City, Feralas iirc. This said, a lot of Horde communities roam and spend their time in the open world rather than hubs. I might’ve missed some too, as I spend most of my on the Alliance.

There are loooooads. I’d have a peek through guild threads and community ones if you wanna see what you really want.

You can come & go most hours, there’s usually a few people around. Events for guilds and campaigns tend to be a little later at night to give everyone time to come in from work/school/get dinner/whatever. Around eight or nine-ish.

1 Like

Why hello from Ontario, eh? Nice to see another Canuck about!

• how’s the Horde/Alliance population balance these days?

Solid? Horde and Alliance have some solid representation, but you’ll see more Alliance as their main hub is Stormwind. Horde are more spread out and have looser communities.

• Does AD have “server/realm lore/canon”? (whatever you wanna call it)

Ish? Its more canon-adherent than servers like WRA-US or MG-EU, so its easy to drop in.

• RP hotspots (random/walk up as opposed to guild-based)

Stormwind city all over for the Alliance. Valley of Honour for the Horde.

• Realm discord servers?

One Alliance and one for Horde, as well as several event servers. Generally you’l find them as you go, but ask a member of the factions for the faction ones.

• Basically anything I should know about rp on AD.

It is MUCH less awful than the US. On the whole, people are more internalized and chill. We DO have crossover with the Spanish servers now in cities, so be prepared for a BIT of trolling.

• Realm peak times?

Usually about Noon EST to 5pm EST. Weekends will, of course, go later.

Welcome to ther server! Let’s GET THESE HOZERS

1 Like

:heart: :heart: :heart: !!

Hello from Nova Scotia! My timezone is honestly one of the biggest reasons I’m looking around AD to begin with. It really sucks when most events on the realm don’t start until 10pm your time, but you have a full time job to do in the morning :unamused:

That, paired with the good reputation AD seems to have, I figured I’d give it a shot, anyway.

1 Like

OH THE YEAR WAS 1778…

Looking forward to seeing you around then! I was in the UK for a while with my WoWfiancee before coming home. Its a lovely place to RP on!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.